Seidenberg boarding of Toews; DoPS review but no hearing; Toews status ???

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Race to puck...Seids clearly comes at him with intention of hitting him in side, not numbers...Did...Toews goes into boards awkwardly...

2 minute penalty....

Seems fine to me....Wasn't dirty/malicious. Toews just happened to go into the boards funny, especially his neck...

Hope hes alright and it's at most a sprain.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well the hit took out Toews for the rest of the game and who knows how long after. What is wrong with starting a thread on it during the intermission? Sheesh.
It´s OK to start it. I just wanted to say that I was shocked by the lack of the response by his teammates either in direct defending him or at least showing some killers instinct in those 5-on-3s. They were as awful as that hit, imo (in a different way, ofc).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yep I see that. Hate those kinds of hits throw the book at players that do it.

:laugh:

Yeah, throw the book at him for winning a strength battle an awkward distance from the boards.

It's a minor penalty. I don't think "10 games" is necessarily warranted.

Hope Toews is all well and good for the next game and that he is being held out for precautionary measures.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Nothing wrong with the hit, unfortunate how Toews went into the boards

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Really concerned about Toews and hope he's OK.

What really pissed me off was the Bruins fans booing him when he got up.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't think it was dirty - he was clearly trying to play the puck, but it was still reckless.

I won't speculate as to what DoPS will do... clearly reckless, but I don't know if they'll view it as suspendable. Wouldn't be shocked either way.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I think he hits Toews right in the ass with his leg which shoves him head first. Its when Toews has his numbers to Siedenberg but its a shove more than a hit.

I dont think there will be a suspension.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
It´s OK to start it. I just wanted to say that I was shocked by the lack of the response by his teammates either in direct defending him or at least showing some killers instinct in those 5-on-3s. They were as awful as that hit, imo (in a different way, ofc).

The Hawks PP being bad right now doesn't really have anything to do with the response to the Toews hit. Other than obviously a concussed guy as your centerman on a 5 on 3 power play is not ideal.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
:laugh:

Yeah, throw the book at him for winning a strength battle an awkward distance from the boards.
Shoving a guy into the boards is winning a "strength battle"? Huh? Players need to learn not to paste guys when they are in a vulnerable position that's how serious injuries result. Just because a player is not taken off on a stretcher doesn't make the hit any better.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
That didn´t take long. Bad play. Chicago´s 5vs3s were even worse, though. Embarrassing setup for a group of talent like that. At least they´re excelling in everything else :)

Worst post of al time. My goodness. These threads get started all the time and no problem. Hawks fan actually starts a thread for once and this. Hahahaha

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Perfectly normal play with an awkward fall and an unfortunate result.

That shoulder cut to get position on the guy is a textbook move defenders are taught to use to win puck battles.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Shoving a guy into the boards is winning a "strength battle"? Huh? Players need to learn not to paste guys when they are in a vulnerable position that's how serious injuries result. Just because a player is not taken off on a stretcher doesn't make the hit any better.

They were side by side and going for a loose puck. It happens dozens of times every game. It was an awkward spill an awkward distance away from the boards, and yes Seidenberg should have been more aware of that distance before initiating contact (thus the penalty) .

To say he deserves 10 games is a tad much.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The more I look at it, here is what I think...

I don't think it was a dirty hit per say, but I don't think he needed to shove Toews that hard with the position he was in. But can't really fault him for that in the heat of the moment. But an ugly looking hit and the two minute penalty is called for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad