OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
It looks like we are currently at eight teams, somebody signed up for three teams so I had to remove two of them. So with the new person that just said they were going to join above, we will have nine teams. Hoping to get an even number. So aiming for 10 or 12

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Do we need to set a time for the draft? I'm OK with any time on Saturday. Earlier is better for me. If it runs late I'll just put my picks on autopilot.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
LINK TO JOIN: Fantasy Hockey Join - ESPN
LINK FOR BUY IN: Pay your $48.00 fantasy league dues for Goals In Different Area Codes now!

I just created a league on ESPN fantasy, we are currently sitting at 10 teams. Need 12! There will be compensation for winner and 2nd place, maybe division winners too, still tinkering.

I just completed my first season of fantasy football and it was a blast, hoping I get enough takers for hockey now. If you’re interested, let me know!
Joined and paid, appears I'm the 12th player so league is full. Good idea putting a Jan 14 due date on payment....no pay/no play :)

Reactions: RABBIT

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Looks like B Meyers is occupying two teams. If that is intentional, then we hit the 12 team target. If it's an accident then we need one more joiner.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm new to fantasy sports so humor me with this question. Each goal is 2 pts and each win (for goalies) is 4. So does this mean a 40 goal scorer is equal to a goalie with only 20 wins?

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
see you then! Which team are you?

The Facemasks! =D

I'm also a bit weird about privacy so I changed my username too, it's pretty obvious who I am / which team. At least who I am anonymously (insert eyeroll emoji, there's not really a good one here).

Also paid the entry fee, lmk if you didn't get it -- screenshotted the receipt, happy to re-send via PM if needed.

Again though, thank you so much for organizing, really appreciated from here. Best of luck everyone and see you all on Sat!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm also a bit weird about privacy

Not weird. I have almost zero social media presence with my own name/picture...only Linkedin, and my profile is very sterile on that site, but using my real name and photo helps me connect with old friends.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hope you don't mind if I piggy back here Rabbit, I'm thinking it's cool since your league is full but if not let me know and I'll remove this post...

For anyone who missed out on this league but wants to play fantasy hockey let me know as there is 1 open spot in the league I've been running for 20 years. Anyone is welcome to join but please know it is a competitive rotisserie league full of experienced managers. I'd argue that makes it more fun, especially if you're even remotely competitive, but it can be a little daunting for the inexperienced, especially if you've only played in head to head leagues.

Anyway we're doing a one-off this year which means there will be no keepers, no trading of draft picks, no draft order based last years finish, etc. so there will never be a better time for someone new to join. There are currently 4 of us from forum 40 that are in the league (Me, SweYote, Bondurant and AZviaNJ), would be cool to add a 5th!

Draft is this Sunday @ 3pm AZ time.

RABBIT

0430? That's awesome! I'll make it work whenever but would prefer earlier.

I can send a message out asking for a preferred time on Saturday if you'd like :)

Looks like B Meyers is occupying two teams. If that is intentional, then we hit the 12 team target. If it's an accident then we need one more joiner.

He's a tough cookie to crack. He joined from an AZ Coyotes Facebook page, created 3 teams (i thought I deleted it down to one team) but will not respond to my messages at all. Not sure if he's still interested, so that's why I keep sending emails to the league via ESPN.

I'm new to fantasy sports so humor me with this question. Each goal is 2 pts and each win (for goalies) is 4. So does this mean a 40 goal scorer is equal to a goalie with only 20 wins?

In short, YES

Gee, I don't want to reveal my super sophisticated draft strategy :naughty:, but sounds like picking a high pt producing goalie is easier than a high point-producing forward. Obviousley, you need both to win.

Scoring rules were predetermined, I made some minor adjustments but didn't really mess with the goalies. I'm down to lower goalie points as it does seem a bit odd to focus solely on goaltenders lol

The Facemasks! =D

I'm also a bit weird about privacy so I changed my username too, it's pretty obvious who I am / which team. At least who I am anonymously (insert eyeroll emoji, there's not really a good one here).

Also paid the entry fee, lmk if you didn't get it -- screenshotted the receipt, happy to re-send via PM if needed.

Again though, thank you so much for organizing, really appreciated from here. Best of luck everyone and see you all on Sat!
Hey, thanks for the kind words, happy to have you! I see a 6th person recently paid on LeagueSafe but i can't cross reference the name on the ESPN Fantasy app. I THINK I know who you are on there, if your first name starts with "R" :). I wont say it on here because I respect your privacy concerns.

RABBIT

Hope you don't mind if I piggy back here Rabbit, I'm thinking it's cool since your league is full but if not let me know and I'll remove this post...

For anyone who missed out on this league but wants to play fantasy hockey let me know as there is 1 open spot in the league I've been running for 20 years. Anyone is welcome to join but please know it is a competitive rotisserie league full of experienced managers. I'd argue that makes it more fun, especially if you're even remotely competitive, but it can be a little daunting for the inexperienced, especially if you've only played in head to head leagues.

Anyway we're doing a one-off this year which means there will be no keepers, no trading of draft picks, no draft order based last years finish, etc. so there will never be a better time for someone new to join. There are currently 4 of us from forum 40 that are in the league (Me, SweYote, Bondurant and AZviaNJ), would be cool to add a 5th!

Draft is this Sunday @ 3pm AZ time.

My league may or may not be full yet, as there have been some non-responders, but I don't mind you posting. Just hope if anyone jumps ship they let me know as soon as possible so I can remove them in order to have a better grasp of who's gonna play in time for the draft :)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
He's a tough cookie to crack. He joined from an AZ Coyotes Facebook page, created 3 teams (i thought I deleted it down to one team) but will not respond to my messages at all. Not sure if he's still interested, so that's why I keep sending emails to the league via ESPN.
This is a recipe for a dead team which you really don't want if you can help it. I would consider replacing him if I were you, dead teams ruin leagues, especially head to head because some people are going to get free wins while others do not based on luck of schedule.

middlebrook

Aug 26, 2011
Ok I'm all paid up or at least I think I am, I assume there will be a receipt in my email shortly. Should be fun boys although Im new to fantasy hockey so it might be easy money for you guys ha ha.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My league may or may not be full yet, as there have been some non-responders, but I don't mind you posting. Just hope if anyone jumps ship they let me know as soon as possible so I can remove them in order to have a better grasp of who's gonna play in time for the draft :)
Whoops when I originally posted that I thought your league was for sure full. Not trying to poach anyone from your league!

You seem super pumped to play fantasy hockey, you want the last spot? It shouldn't interfere with your league at all or require any big additional time commitment or anything. It's competitive but there is no better time to get your feet wet since we're doing a one off year and you won't be saddled with any mistakes you make this season as you learn the ropes. And hey if you like it you'll be part of a deep and active league that has been going for 20 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad