Confirmed with Link: SEDINS RETIRING - (talk memories, tributes, accolades)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to the Sedins on their fantastic careers. Unfortunate that they didn't get a cup, but that takes nothing away from their legacy. Thanks for the memories, even though most of them were bad from an Oilers perspective. These guys defined Vancouver hockey for over a decade.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Didn’t see that coming.. Bo finally gonna be captain.. Sedins Thank you for everything was incredible watching you guys play all these years. Should have won in 2011 too

No doesn’t even wear an “A” and never has in 3 years. Sutter or Edler will be the C.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
WOW.
Best Canucks of all time and absolute pioneers and innovators for the game of hockey.

Next stop Hockey Hall of Fame.

Daniel really had an amazing year to retire on too.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Don't need to be first ballot but these two need to get into the HOF as a pair. These two were a truly unique circumstance that I don't think we ever see again.

- identical twins
- drafted by the same team 2-3
- play their whole career together
- Their numbers are errily similar.
- The amount of goals they both assisted and then the amount of goals they were both involved in.
- Back to back Art Ross wins but it wasn't just one player doing it but two identical twin brothers
- both have over 1300 games, 1000 pts

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Before the deadline, I was thinking they would be coming back. But I think it started to become clear that it was going in the opposite direction when the team went on its tank spree. I think they were getting the feeling that the organization didn't want them back, which given the direction of the team is understandable. Either way, I think they went out with at least a better season than they had last season.

And I definitely wasn't quick enough on the draw to buy tickets for that Arizona game! The price more than doubled within a few minutes.

MrTurdFerguson

Jan 15, 2018
Been thinking all year that this would be the right move for the future of the Canucks, but now that it’s actually happening it’s pretty sad. I’ve only ever known the Canucks with Sedins on them, it’ll be weird watching a sedinless Canucks. I wish them all the best, and it’s nice that they get to go out on their own terms, instead of playing to late and getting forced out of the league like a lot of older players.

Hopefully now this means that Benning and co will actually commit to the rebuild, but I am worried with this 14m cap space they will go after a Kane or Neal or some other expensive FA

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The panel best remember these things when it comes time to vote in a few years:

Henrik: Art Ross 2009/10; 65th all time points (1069)
Daniel: Art Ross 2010/11; 73rd all time points (1038)

Olympic gold, world championship gold (+ 2 bronze), world junior gold (+silver)

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Kind of shocked as I really did expect them back for next season. Excited for the future but really going to be weird not seeing the Sedins in the Canucks’ lineup next season. Glad they decided to announce their decision now so they can get the send off they deserve. Going to be an emotional night on Thursday.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Bo probably gets a letter, but it'll probably be Edler or Tanev.

It is so time to look to the future and make this Bo’s team but being the Canucks you are probably right. Tanev should not even be here next year he should be traded and Edler would be the most emotionless captain in league history.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Lol not universally. On ESPN first comment was, "Two girls, no cup".
Really? This is the quote that gets play? Actually, comments like this just point to the fact that the Sedins did their jobs, and they did them well.
BTW, if it wasn't clear, my comment was related to the fact that they have decided to retire for all the right reasons and at the right time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad