Confirmed with Link: SEDINS RETIRING - (talk memories, tributes, accolades)

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
End of an era. They had amazing careers. Really wanted them to sign 1-year deals for next year to play with Pettersson :(

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Crazy. Most of us knew there are huge pros and cons to them retiring or re-signing. The pro of re-signing one more year obviously was to help sustain some competitiveness, but now we're handing the reigns on to the Horvat/Boeser era. Horvat is my captain of choice.

Is Troy from Whiterock going to call in to TSN 1040 now?

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Whoa I really thought they had one more season in them. Don't blame them for not wanting them to stick around for another going show year tho.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs fan here and I'm incredibly stunned....can't imagine what you guys must feel. Wow am I'm feeling old now. I have to say even though they won't read this.....thanks for the brillant hockey for all of your career. Was a treat to watch.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Awe this is actually kinda sad.

It's really happening...
Yeah this is actually kinda nuts. I wanted it so bad the last few weeks and now that its happening I feel conflicted its wierd i dont know exactly what to say. Sad. Stunned

I actually feel like its too early to say Good but Im sure eventually i will say it

:(

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Congrats on a great career. Glad they get to go out as Canucks.

That said, the time is right for a change and I'm looking forward to some young players in important roles next year.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Didn’t see that coming.. Bo finally gonna be captain.. Sedins Thank you for everything was incredible watching you guys play all these years. Should have won in 2011 too

Reactions: aemoreira1981

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Probably could have squeezed one more semi-productive season out of them had our team even resembled being competitive. However, the time is right. They gain nothing by staying on an extra year with the Canucks. Likewise the Canucks don't gain much either.

If they decide to come out of retirement next year and try for a cup, I'm all for it. The Sedin Era is officially over and we get to look forward to the Horvat/Boeser/Pettersson/Dahlin (fingers crossed) era.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
Oof. This is probably the right move both for them and the team, but man this is immensely sad.

Arguably the two best players we've ever had — and obvious Hall of Famers at that. Watching them toy with defenses and flip no-look passes back and forth to each other was just an absolute joy for nearly two decades. Not to mention they were two of the classiest people in the sport.

It's going to be really weird not to see them on the ice anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dana Murzyn

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Wow. I really want to make the trip down from Kelowna to see their final game...

I was hoping it wouldn't happen this year and now I'm really sad. The two best players in franchise history. They played the game like no one else could and watching them was such a treat. Not to mention how amazing they were off the ice and to the city of Vancouver. Can't wait to see their jerseys in the rafters one day soon and I hope they get inducted into the HHOF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad