Confirmed with Link: SEDINS RETIRING - (talk memories, tributes, accolades)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Oof. As much as you could sort of see it coming, and could even say it is the right move for both them and the team, it is still a gut punch. Maybe the most under-appreciated stars in hockey during their career. It has been a privilege getting to watch them over 18 years, and I so wish they had got that cup.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I've never had to watch a Sedinless Canuck team... Not only are they like never injured, but they've been here for so long. Can't wait for the jersey retirement next season and the Hall of Fame induction. So happy they retired as Canucks

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
C - Sutter
A - Eriksson
A - Gagner

The future is here

We have tons of threads about what the future holds for the team, lets keep that out of this one.

Lets focus on the amazing careers and contributions of two of the classiest and arguably most talented players the Canucks have ever had. Hall of famers, jersey retirements all of it. Tributes, memories etc.

Today is a day to celebrate them folks.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Got my tickets to the game last week. In saying that: I'm still shocked.

So much love & respect to these guys. Some of the greatest memories I have watching hockey revolve around them & their cycle.

Daniel's between the legs hat trick vs Calgary from a Henrik tip pass is still the greatest goal I've ever seen.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Bittersweet day. I'm glad they've decided to retire when they want to retire and did so after having decent enough seasons. But it sucks that we aren't going to see 22 and 33 on the ice anymore...instead we'll have to look up to the rafters.

All I can say is thank you Henrik and Daniel. It's been a pleasure to have such class acts represent the organization all these years.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
This is the retirement they deserve, ending on a winning record over the last 10 games, be celebrated by the fans properly and turning the page on 2011 once and for all.

I love the Sedins and it always upsets me when fans turn on older players because of their contracts and inability to produce at their prime, I’m happy for them

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Wow, I thought we had more time. Those who didn't get to watch these guys in their prime really missed out.

Some absolutely amazing memories made by these guys.

Not sure where their 90-100 points are going to come from to even tread water, but we all knew this day would come (and Benning has prepared for it horribly IMO). $14MM+ in cap space is terrifying.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Oh wow, I knew its a possibility but man, I'm not prepared for this at all. Thank you Henrik and Daniel for 10+ awesome years, you guys are great players but even better human, I'm proud to have you guys represent my favorite team! Thank you for all the great plays amd memories. I am sadden by the new but wish you guys all the best in the future!

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Two of the classiest guys to ever grace the NHL. I remember watching Burke at the podium in Boston. We were there for work but knew due to the chatter Burke had done something special. Tickets to the show were so cheap. Almost 2 decades later these two guys laced them up on a nightly basis and did it without complaint. They took a beating from both fans around the league and at home but also almost every player they faced. And they did it with class.

The Canucks will be one of the luckiest teams in the last 10 years and for the next 10 years to have been able to draft host and retire two players of such exceptional skill in an era where players are more about winning or money than they are about respect.

Here is to two of the classiest NHL players in history and arguably two of the most skilled guys to ever play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad