Confirmed with Link: SEDINS RETIRING - (talk memories, tributes, accolades)

kaczor

Jul 3, 2005
NZ
Haven't posted in ages, despite still following the team. But had to come back and comment in this thread for archival value! Still remember the 99 draft and was cheering for these kids from day 1, obviously. Their perseverance in the early days, and ability and willingness to stay classy all time is commendable. Pure class.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 11.54.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 11.54.34 AM.png

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I'm still impressed by the fact that the Sedins always win the fitness tests at training camp. Could the Canucks hire them as fitness consultants for the team?

When you look at the relatively chubby specimens they were when drafted, and see how they developed their strength and stamina over the years, I think they'd have a lot of knowledge and experience to offer any of the younger players who have the same dedication.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Haven't posted in ages, despite still following the team. But had to come back and comment in this thread for archival value! Still remember the 99 draft and was cheering for these kids from day 1, obviously. Their perseverance in the early days, and ability and willingness to stay classy all time is commendable. Pure class.
Welcome back! :)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
as a fan following them from day one, I am so glad they've proven everyone wrong.

the expectations for them, as a fan, was comparable to the impact Thornton, Lecavalier, Heatly was doing for their teams.

The Sedins were slow and weak for the first 4 seasons. It was really tough to watch, them struggle this badly, while other high end picks were doing so well.

Glad they proved EVERYONE wrong.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'm still impressed by the fact that the Sedins always win the fitness tests at training camp. Could the Canucks hire them as fitness consultants for the team?

When you look at the relatively chubby specimens they were when drafted, and see how they developed their strength and stamina over the years, I think they'd have a lot of knowledge and experience to offer any of the younger players who have the same dedication.
They would be good mentors for Pettersson this off season. He will have to do a lot of the same development.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Anson Carter seems like a real douche. Besides the fact that he bounced to Columbus for money, he didn't even bother to take 5 seconds of his time to congratulate the Sedins on his active Twitter account. Instead, he engaged in a petty argument on Twitter with Blake Price as to why he refused to come onto the radio to talk about the Sedins.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Anson Carter seems like a real *****e. Besides the fact that he bounced to Columbus for money, he didn't even bother to take 5 seconds of his time to congratulate the Sedins on his active Twitter account. Instead, he engaged in a petty argument on Twitter with Blake Price as to why he refused to come onto the radio to talk about the Sedins.

from what i can see on the twitter thread, i don't think carter comes off badly at all.

on the other hand, all of the people attacking him on that thread come off like entitled dbags (a sentiment echoed by the numerous people supporting him in that thread).

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Great memories indeed, and thanks for your NHL careers and entertainment for so many years!

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
from what i can see on the twitter thread, i don't think carter comes off badly at all.

on the other hand, all of the people attacking him on that thread come off like entitled dbags (a sentiment echoed by the numerous people supporting him in that thread).

My only comment on that twitter thread is that Blake Price comes off as a f***ing idiot using the term "ergo".

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
in their last home game, a couple of records were thrown around during the broadcast: with his OT assist, henrik jumped into sole possession of #1 on the all-time regular season overtime assists list. daniel's goal added to his all-time regular season overtime powerplay goals record. but those are pretty random records (especially daniel's) and henrik's will be broken soon enough (getzlaf is one behind). plus, the NHL has only had regular season overtime since the mid-80s, so this technically counts for all-time but not really.

but here is the sedins' true record:

henrik and daniel sedin assisted on the same goal a record 313 times

number two is gretzky and kurri, who assisted on the same goal 204 times
hard to see that one broken anytime soon.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Jeff Paterson‏Verified account @patersonjeff
Retweeted NHL Public Relations:
Great candidates all around, but 2 stand above the rest and should be co-winners as a league send-off #Canucks #thankyouSedins
Jeff Paterson added,
DbfzE5-XkAI7w8w.jpg

NHL Public RelationsVerified account @PR_NHL
NHL Announces 31 Team Nominees for 2017-18 King Clancy Memorial Trophy. #NHLAwards

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
So how come Van is the only team with two players nominated? They cant tell them apart so what the hell take both?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
To be fair while it looks like it should be a shoe in no player has ever won it more than once, and Henrik just won it in 2015-16. He could be giving Daniel the shaft because of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad