Confirmed with Link: SEDINS RETIRING - (talk memories, tributes, accolades)

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Makaveli just posted a video for the first time in a year last night just for the Sedins btw:

Gillis and AV on Vancouver radio and Makaveli making Canucks videos? Feels like taking a time capsule back 7 years

Agreed. All we are missing are some commentary from Wetcoaster and some photos from JetsAlternate.

Thanks for all the contributions everyone its nice to reflect on the positives and impact these brothers have bestowed upon the city of Vancouver and province of British Columbia.

"At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
The Sedins are the greatest we've seen
From Gradin to Naslund and the Sedins
And now Pettersson and Dahlin
Thank you Sweden for adding class to our team

Reactions: Luongos Knob

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The Sedins are the greatest we've seen
From Gradin to Naslund and the Sedins
And now Pettersson and Dahlin
Thank you Sweden for adding class to our team

don't forget the viking, matthias ohlund.

what a weird franchise, what a rich history of swedish players. there were five swedes on the '82 cup run team, longtime canucks gradin and lars lindgren, swedish stars anders eldebrink and per-olov brasar, plus lars molin. and they played against stefan persson, tomas jonsson, and anders kallur in the finals.

it makes my head spin: patrik sundstrom, alex edler, mikael samuelsson, the moose johan hedberg, eddie lack, jacob markstrom, anders nilsson, cups of coffee for magnus arvedson, robert nordmark, joakim eriksson, mats lindgren, samuel pahlsson, anton rodin, philip holm. we waited forever for leif rohlin, drafted gustav forsling, had a very important few months of mats sundin, and for whatever reason employ the great loui eriksson.

us + the sedins, it was meant to be. frankly, i'm surprised we didn't also draft henrik and joel lundqvist when they were both eligible (our first two picks that year were nathan smith and thatcher bell).

Reactions: timbermen

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I must say that I despised your team for many years mostly because of guys like Kesler and Burrows, but the Sedins were always class acts and played a beautiful brand of hockey. They used to hem in our team in the defensive zone so much that it was insane, truly dominant shifts multiple times a game it would seem. Like everything, all good things must come to an end and even for this Oilers fan it will be sad to see these guys leave the game. Best of luck to them going forward and to your team as well when you're not playing the Oilers that is ;)

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I must say that I despised your team for many years mostly because of guys like Kesler and Burrows, but the Sedins were always class acts and played a beautiful brand of hockey. They used to hem in our team in the defensive zone so much that it was insane, truly dominant shifts multiple times a game it would seem. Like everything, all good things must come to an end and even for this Oilers fan it will be sad to see these guys leave the game. Best of luck to them going forward and to your team as well when you're not playing the Oilers that is ;)
You're going to be an elite team soon. That McDavid kid... No stopping him.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I honestly think they could have been better apart after a certain point. We talk about finding that guy to play with the Sedins to finish, and that's fine but I also think Burrows just fit like a glove. Regardless, while I think playing their whole lives together on the same line gave them the ability to experiment more and develop their own game, once they developed that game I think Henrik and Daniel each playing playmaker on their own lines would have been incredible. Henrik and Daniel could prove they didn't need each other to score anymore, they could have each carried a line on their own and put up the huge numbers.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

f*** the flames

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Kesler and Burrows are gone.
We pretty much have a clean slate lol.

kovnik

Zadorov for Norris
Mar 28, 2008
I remember playing with them in NHL 09 on PC, it was unreal. I'm glad they got a great send-off in Edmonton, thanks for all the years!

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
It's just Edler and Tanev left now from the 2011 team. How many retirements? Henrik, Daniel, Samuelsson, Hodgson, Malhotra, Higgins, Torres, Ehrhoff, Salo... can't imagine Burrows, Hamhuis and Bieksa are much longer for this league, either

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With all of the talk of generational players (IMO you can probably count on 1-2 hands the true generational players the game has seen), the Sedins are likely a once in a lifetime phenomenon. Very proud of the Oilers players, organization and fans for the respect that they gave to Daniel and Henrik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad