Second Official MLB Discussion Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I agree with Reggie Smith being underrated, good pick.

I was going to pick him with my first OF pick but opted for Dewey trading off a little more defense for a little less offense. My other two OF'er picks are top of the order guys and Kelley was supposedly very good defensively too while Keller (who's also underrated imo) brings a bit of power along with being a great OBP guy.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I agree with Reggie Smith being underrated, good pick.

I was going to pick him with my first OF pick but opted for Dewey trading off a little more defense for a little less offense. My other two OF'er picks are top of the order guys and Kelley was supposedly very good defensively too while Keller (who's also underrated imo) brings a bit of power along with being a great OBP guy.

And Gonzalez was gonna be my next pick haha. I sat on that one too long. Good pick to you too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And Gonzalez was gonna be my next pick haha. I sat on that one too long. Good pick to you too.

Hah I actually thought you would jack him on me cause you've been very good at picking bullpen pitchers in both drafts and there weren't a lot of other lefties I wanted to pick yet.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Hah I actually thought you would jack him on me cause you've been very good at picking bullpen pitchers in both drafts and there weren't a lot of other lefties I wanted to pick yet.

Yeah, dearth of lefties at this point.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I was wondering when Fred Lynn would go. Would have picked him, but went cf/leadoff hitter direction.

Good pick.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha, Veg with the best names in the draft.

Dutch, Spud, another Dutch, and Cupid.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Mike Cuellar looks like a really nice pick. Never heard of him. Going to have to do some reading.

Yeah, it really is. That was going to be my next pick.

But knew if he got picked, his teammate, another Lefty SP, would be my pick. And so it is.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Mike Cuellar looks like a really nice pick. Never heard of him. Going to have to do some reading.
Thanks. Lowe has some bullpen experience and might end up being my Long, but it doesn't really matter, because after the regular season both those positions end up being Longs. SP 5 is just a regular season position.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
With the 114th pick the Mud Hens are thrilled to pick one of the best catchers in the draft, an MVP, a 2 time Gold Glover, and a EDIT: 9 time All-Star who played in 4 World Series, C Elston Howard.

With the 115th pick the Mud Hens are thrilled to pick a very solid 1x All-Star lefty who would be my #4 starter if not for lefty Mike Cuellar, SP Teddy Higuera.
Nice picks, Wrigs. ;)

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Nice picks, Wrigs. ;)

Definitely good picks.

But just one little nit pick, I think it is more correct to say 9 time all star for Howard, which is super impressive. But 12 is a tiny bit misleading when in three of those years they played twice. (2nd all star game was to earn money for players pension fund).

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Definitely good picks. But just one little nit pick, I think it is more correct to say 9 time all star for Howard, which is super impressive. But 12 is a tiny bit misleading when in three of those years they played twice. (2nd all star game was to earn money for players pension fund).
I'll change the post for next year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
(2nd all star game was to earn money for players pension fund).

I always wondered why they had the second game back then, I never bothered to find out lol. That was why I put 11 All-Star game appearances for Cepeda (as opposed to just 11x All Star) even though it was probably more like 7 years given the double games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad