Second Official MLB Discussion Thread

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wrigs, when you get a chance change the draft order to include you in the proper snake draft rotation. I think it's safe to say that every one wants you included in process.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Wrigs, when you get a chance change the draft order to include you in the proper snake draft rotation. I think it's safe to say that every one wants you included in process.
I'm already included. I can't re-do it, because the draft order has already been set, 2 picks have been made, and it would be totally unethical and unfair. I'll be fine in the 5 hole, because the players are so close together in talent after 400 that it doesn't make any difference. Let's just have fun.

Koosman was a nice pick. I had done research a year ago based on a 500 player ATD so it's totally useless now. I'll never make the mistake of researching this again.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
You're a man of conviction and principles, I respect that... but I wouldn't bemoan you at all for, at the very least, taking your rightful place atop the even numbered rounds.

But you are correct, for the most part, the draft positioning, especially with 5 (maybe 6... I'd sign on with letting NJDev in late) teams, isn't going to matter a heck of a lot.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh screw it might as well do one just for kicks

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You're a man of conviction and principles, I respect that... but I wouldn't bemoan you at all for, at the very least, taking your rightful place atop the even numbered rounds. But you are correct, for the most part, the draft positioning, especially with 5 (maybe 6... I'd sign on with letting NJDev in late) teams, isn't going to matter a heck of a lot.
I can take the 5/6 hole, but I'll wait for the team names to be submitted so I don't have to do the draft order 3 times. I'd sign on with letting NJDev in late. We had one GM draft his whole team after the draft last year and he had a good team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can take the 5/6 hole, but I'll wait for the team names to be submitted so I don't have to do the draft order 3 times. I'd sign on with letting NJDev in late. We had one GM draft his whole team after the draft last year and he had a good team.

Hah I swear I was thinking about doing something like that. I do have a few guys I want to draft/advocate for though. If you're fine with it I'll be a sixth team then, I don't care where/when I draft

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Hah I swear I was thinking about doing something like that. I do have a few guys I want to draft/advocate for though. If you're fine with it I'll be a sixth team then.
I was going to ask you to Co-GM, but cool. Please post your team name and roster as soon as possible. You can have the 5 hole and I'll take the 6 hole. Since we decided to make the other thread picks and this discussion, I'll make a roster thread. Last year we just blended everything.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wasn't going to ask you to C0-GM, but cool. Please post your team name and roster as soon as possible. You can have the 5 hole and I'll take the 6 hole. Since we decided to make the other thread picks and this discussion, I'll make a roster thread. Last year we just blended everything.

Okay, I'll do that when I get home. I'll be the St. Louis Browns. If it gets around to me I'll post a pick and add a small write up later. I may try an outside the box approach here to make this one easier on me lol

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
NJDevs, can you use your mod abilities and delete all the non draft pick posts in the draft pick thread?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm a light blue mod, only globals and forum mods can do that here. I can only do that on my team board.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Awesome.

Big thanks to Marc!

We got the draft picks only thread all cleaned up and looking spiffy.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Veg is usually a late night poster. So when the 10 hour clock expires at 11pm isn tonight, I will hold off voting, as i don't want him to miss his 1st round pick.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Great post by Wrigs for mentioning the use of the CONTROL F to do an instant, self contained search on the draft picks thread when double checking players to see if they are FREE.

Makes it super easy. Good stuff Wrigs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Figured I'd continue the run on pitchers at least :P

I'll do a little more of a writeup later

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Tigers select the other Dutch Leonard. Thereby making the Double Dutch combo. ...
The Double Dutch combo is illegal in some Southern states. ;) In Willowdale, OR it's illegal to swear while making love to your wife. :shakehead

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->