Second Official MLB Discussion Thread

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Lanier is a "what could have been"... broke contract and jumped to Mexico, then was suspended for 5 year because of it, was reinstated before the full suspension, but still lost some time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Key was a good pick, I was considering him for my #2. Ordonez for some reason even guys like me who saw him play and his numbers forget about him.

btw if any of you still need to vote for the main playoffs, the deadline's tomorrow so get the votes in today if you haven't.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Last year I had Tettleton and Lolich between the 2 drafts. I was going to pm, but had to take Sean Patrick to school and 2 RPs had been taken by the time I got back.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Interesting that RPs are going so much earlier.

In terms of relievers, considering we're starting with like the 85th ranked guy - not counting long relievers - there are fewer reliable ones people want as their closer (and obviously fewer reliable LH ones), although Street and probably other guys taken so far could easily have gone in the main draft.

In terms of strategy we're being a little more liberal for the AAA all-time league and just doing our own thing for the most part (I used a list for the main draft, I don't have it here, I'm more just winging it and doing random player/stat searches), especially considering there's only six teams. Wrigley has a heavy Negro Leagues feel, Vegata's double dutch pick was awesome :laugh: I didn't even realize there was two Dutch Leonards.

I'm sort of trying to win but I'm also trying to just pick players I want and also kind of trying to find overlooked guys who maybe should be a part of the main draft going forward and make the case for them and read others' case for their picks.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Sorry if I picked out of turn, got a pm saying I was up.

You can delete my pick.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I deleted my pick.

It would help, if possible, if not no biggie, if we could number our picks. I think that might help eliminate any confusion when picks are skipped.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
...It would help, if possible, if not no biggie, if we could number our picks. I think that might help eliminate any confusion when picks are skipped.
Okay, we can number our picks. td_ice, pm me a copy of the numbered picks for rounds 7-26 and I'll insert them.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
moises_alou.jpg

Love the Dykstra and Rosen picks...

Thanks. Apparently Moisés Alou is a martial artist! :amazed: ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad