Second impressions of Marty St. Louis (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
A winning streak doesn't change inherent flaws within the organization.

I don't disagree, and this org has plenty of them, the largest two right at the top in owner and GM.

At the same time, grass isn't always greener, and there is a severe lack of perspective of other teams on this board, as well as a shocking lack of enjoyment from watching teams that you're supposed to be a "fan" of.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I can only speak for myself, but criticizing the team I devote a lot of my time to, doesn't lower my enjoyment of them at all.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A winning streak doesn't change inherent flaws within the organization.

Yeah but the whining that we've seen on this subject since 2005 is annoying. You'd think it's even close to a guarantee that tanking will make you a great team. Pens and Hawks got good through tanking. The Bruins didn't. Rask, Chara, and Bergeron, their 3 best players, none came from tanking. Yet reading from people here you'd think that's the only way and you're a naive bad fan if you disagree.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can only speak for myself, but criticizing the team I devote a lot of my time to, doesn't lower my enjoyment of them at all.

Yeah well reading the same *****ing about not tanking since 2005 and how anyone that disagrees is a naive bad fan, got old 9 years ago.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Closing this down for multiple reasons; St. Louis has been here for a good bit now, and has ended his goal drought; the discussion keeps go to and fro in circles from St. Louis to Sather, to Boston, to whatever. We're also trying to dial down this type of discussion down as the playoffs get closer. If we feel that this sort of discussion deserves it's own thread, we'll make one. Thanks.

- Auf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad