Seattle V: Make It So(Do)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I would think the NHL would want Seattle to have a top talent player to get things going.

Of course i rather have local boy TJ Oshie on the team if St louis somehow leaves him unprotected than top pick in the draft.

Okay if we can't get McDavid, can we at least get Barzal? Local kid, so you can tie in that into promo and marketing .

I know the NBA has some serious restrictions to Expansion teams, you would think if you are a league, you would want to give new franchise a great chance at successful start

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I want to say SBNation did a mock expansion draft, and it didn't look that great to be honest. What is the free agency restrictions? The nba absolutely kills you in that regards

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Think Seattle should get the top 2 picks in the draft anyway. They should get Connor McDavid.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Since there is no rhyme or reason to how the draft goes for expansion teams. How about seattle chips in an extra 50$ million for exp fee?

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I want to say SBNation did a mock expansion draft, and it didn't look that great to be honest. What is the free agency restrictions? The nba absolutely kills you in that regards

Do you have a link to this mock expansion draft? I cannot seem to find it on their site.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I wonder if the new teams will have to reach the cap floor right away. That would mean taking on a lot of crap contracts and being stuck with some players for 2-3 years. That's not always a good thing for an expansion team.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I wonder if the new teams will have to reach the cap floor right away. That would mean taking on a lot of crap contracts and being stuck with some players for 2-3 years. That's not always a good thing for an expansion team.

That depends on who is building the roster.

If Seattle have a hockey version of Adrian Hanauer (GM of sounders) it may not be so bad.

Bob1321

Feb 13, 2008
Perhaps in the 2016 draft :p:

[MOD]

The NHL talk about Seattle like they did when they move the Thrashers to Winnipeg, many talk about qc and few about winnipeg. And not so long after, qc had the money to build a new arena.

the NHL is going the same way I think, its to force Seattle to build a new arena :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Morgoth Bauglir

Master Of The Fates Of Arda
Aug 31, 2012
Angband via Utumno
[MOD]

The NHL talk about Seattle like they did when they move the Thrashers to Winnipeg, many talk about qc and few about winnipeg. And not so long after, qc had the money to build a new arena.

the NHL is going the same way I think, its to force Seattle to build a new arena :nod:

The MOU is pretty clear: No team, no arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Well it would only be two weeks after the end if the Olympics still a fairly close time table

2 weeks is a long time for me to wait for possible announcement news. Of course they could vote/approve expansion by e-mail if needed too

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Well they said after the Olympics lol, there was no window. I mean it's not like it was 6 months after

True You would think after waiting 13 years and a few months, waiting a couple weeks would seem nothing.

But waiting the last few weeks can seem to be even longer than waiting the 13 years+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad