GDT: Seattle Kraken Draft & Trades II - 8 PM ESPN2, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Kraken should have close to 28m in cap space. I think a few teams will be calling Francis looking to move out some bodies. Francis can request some retention. I think his roster will look improved within a month

Yeah, and they surely won't have 12 D on the roster. They'll use some of them for trade bait, and add some names from the UFA market.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The logos all look like they're floating, to me. lol

20210721_223116.jpg

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'll wait 'til we see the finished product but some questionable choices for sure.

If they had the team they picked + Voracek-Domi-Tarasenko first line people would be tipping them as Cup contenders.

Vegas hit on a few of the under utilized guys noone expected picked they got I think Seattle will have a Will Karlsson that noone is touting from the picks.

The thing is Francis has no clue how good the team will actually be. If they get off to a hot start out of the gate he'll want to add and he will have to forget about getting a face of the franchise in the subsequent drafts. If they don't he should tank and accumulate assets.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Probably should’ve made a better comparison. I like Lauzon, think he will be missed. But it’s odd that some people on the board seem to think it’s the end of the world.

The fact that Sweeney values weak, midget d-men who physically break down during a long playoff run, over big, rugged d-men who can hit and fight and don't wear down in a long playoff run tells me he's more concerned with just making the playoffs than going far in the playoffs

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Gms learned after the vegas shitshow but some of the decisions with Seattle not making any trades are confusing. Don't understand them not taking Tarasenko, either you retain some salary and get a good return for him or you take a chance on a superstar bouncing back and get fans excited.

Or maybe they'll take him off St.Louis' hands and have them retain. Two picks for the price of one .

Reactions: bbfan419

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
The fact that Sweeney values weak, midget d-men who physically break down during a long playoff run, over big, rugged d-men who can hit and fight and don't wear down in a long playoff run tells me he's more concerned with just making the playoffs than going far in the playoffs
He will definitely add a defensemen, whether it’s a top 4 D or a 6-7 D is yet to be determined.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
How much do you wanna bet that Sweeney strikes out on all the options in the off season and panics to sign Zdeno Chara last minute.

Reactions: BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Sweeney prefers small defensemen?

Sweeney defenders drafted:
Mcavoy 6’0
Carlo 6’5
Lauzon 6’1
Zboril 6’0
Vaak 6’1
Lorhei 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2
Lindgren 6’0
Anderson 6’0
McFaul 6’2
Bychov 5’11
Clarke 6’1

acquired and signed as free agents:

Tinordi 6’6
Moore 6’2
Reilly 6’1
Holden 6’4
Kampfer 5’11
John Michael liles 5’10
Colin Miller 6’1
Clifton 5’11

So hes brought in far less midgets than he has players that are at least 6 feet

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sweeney prefers small defensemen?

Sweeney defenders drafted:
Mcavoy 6’0
Carlo 6’5
Lauzon 6’1
Zboril 6’0
Vaak 6’1
Lorhei 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2
Lindgren 6’0
Anderson 6’0
McFaul 6’2
Bychov 5’11
Clarke 6’1

acquired and signed as free agents:

Tinordi 6’6
Moore 6’2
Reilly 6’1
Holden 6’4
Kampfer 5’11
John Michael liles 5’10
Colin Miller 6’1
Clifton 5’11

So hes brought in far less midgets than he has players that are at least 6 feet

Wolff and Brady Lyle have good size, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad