GDT: Seattle Kraken Draft & Trades II - 8 PM ESPN2, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would be stunned if the kraken took zboril. Sounds like leach would have his fingerprints all over that one. I think the unprotected list of LHD is much stronger than RHD. I originally thought Lauzon would be selected, but maybe if they aren’t taking clifton they have trades/free agents lined up for RHD.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zboril actually kind of makes sense if you think about it. He's got the highest offensive ceiling of the 3 defensemen options. Frankly, none of the Bruins expansion options are particularly good, so if you're Seattle, just go with the one with the highest ceiling, unless you can line up a trade for another one.
Exactly and throw in what Leach said about Zboril and what I believe he privately thinks of Cassidy handling their development

I actually think Cassidy did a good job with Zboril but overall with young players he could have been better

Reactions: Bodit9

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
bad in room, so much so Wild going to take biggest hit in history buying them out just to get rid of them.
Suter and Parise.

Plus there’s articles in other threads essentially saying the same.

Bill Guerin Chose Cap Hell Over "Uncoachable" Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

Wow. Thank you. I never knew. In your opinion, if this is out there, will the Bruins pursue Suter? If not, is there anyone -- anyone -- out there they might bring in? They have nothing on D.

Oy!

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I’ll start off thread with not surprised if Zboril is picked as being reported

Leach likes and he’s more a complete player than Lauzon

I read Matt Porter 3 part series assessing the type of players Frederic DeBrusk Ritchie Zboril Lauzon & Clifton are and only one he was off on - and off was Zboril

best scenario for everyone and especially Zboril is go to Seattle

simplifies the Bruins D big time

right side set but a 4th guy and left side needs only 1 top 2 pair with Vaakanainen being 4th

nice and neat

Zboril being chosen would be a pretty big win for the Bs.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Exactly and throw in what Leach said about Zboril and what I believe he privately thinks of Cassidy handling their development

I actually think Cassidy did a good job with Zboril but overall with young players he could have been better

I hope the Bruins told Leach to absorb as much NHL coaching experience that he can. If and when Cassidy gets the boot call Leach's cell and hire him to run the show in Boston.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow. Thank you. I never knew. In your opinion, if this is out there, will the Bruins pursue Suter? If not, is there anyone -- anyone -- out there they might bring in? They have nothing on D.

Oy!

I think the consensus is the Bruins if interested had really better do the due diligence.
Talk to former teamates, coaches, etc..

I havent heard anything else about D interests. That may change tomorrow with the expansion draft.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

to me Leach is the key to all of this.
Regardless of what any of us here think of the list.
They wouldnt have hired him if they didnt trust his opinion.

Does he think one of them would make a solid Kraken?
Does he think one of them is worth more flipped?

Damn if I know.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
bad in room, so much so Wild going to take biggest hit in history buying them out just to get rid of them.
Suter and Parise.

Plus there’s articles in other threads essentially saying the same.

Bill Guerin Chose Cap Hell Over "Uncoachable" Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

start here on page 16 if you got time.

Player Discussion - Your roster changes for next year V
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."
I do not pay attention to any of this crap that you hear about players being " bad" in the room.
For people that have played rep hockey / junior or higher what goes on in the room / stays in the room.
Good teams with good coaches work all this stuff out.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
to me Leach is the key to all of this.
Regardless of what any of us here think of the list.
They wouldnt have hired him if they didnt trust his opinion.

Does he think one of them would make a solid Kraken?
Does he think one of them is worth more flipped?

Damn if I know.
Yes and he’s quoted in Boston Globe article written by Matt Porter a few days ago

‘Chance Seattle takes him: Moderate. A vote from Zboril’s coach in Providence, new Kraken assistant Jay Leach, could help. Reviewing Zboril’s season in May 2020, Leach said he grew into the AHL Bruins’ best overall backliner. “His ability to move the puck cleanly,” Leach said, “there’s not many who can do it at our level.”

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I do not pay attention to any of this crap that you hear about players being " bad" in the room.
For people that have played rep hockey / junior or higher what goes on in the room / stays in the room.

you’re entitled to your belief.
I go by texts and emails I get to me from Asst GMs, writers, agents, scouts, etc..
Sometimes I pass it along. Sometimes I dont.
But Ill bet the farm that ‘stays in the room’ is inaccurate.

As a matter of fact we here at dear old HF have had as members former players and agents that were vetted and shared things from time to time.
So much so at times it went beyond guidelines. So I had to remove one . He played for both the Sabres and the Flyers.
And another,I still have emails and pictures, that brought an issue between two Bruins players. One player ended up requesting a trade. Ultimately he stayed while the other was traded. What went on was far too personal. I wouldnt let it stand here.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I think the consensus is the Bruins if interested had really better do the due diligence.
Talk to former teamates, coaches, etc..

I havent heard anything else about D interests. That may change tomorrow with the expansion draft.

Thanks again. Whatever I think of Sweeney, he's an intelligent fellow and I'm certain he has done his homework.

On another note, from my perspective, it would be fantastic if the Kracken selected Zboril. They could keep both Clifton and Lauzon, and get rid of one of three 2015 busts.

I will let you go, but would you keep any of those three?

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Thanks again. Whatever I think of Sweeney, he's an intelligent fellow and I'm certain he has done his homework.

On another note, from my perspective, it would be fantastic if the Kracken selected Zboril. They could keep both Clifton and Lauzon, and get rid of one of three 2015 busts.

I will let you go, but would you keep any of those three?

I would, if Im Francis, let the rest of the league know Im open for business. Who wants to make bids on unprotected Bruins?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I would, if Im Francis, let the rest of the league know Im open for business. Who wants to make bids on unprotected Bruins?

What I mean is, if you could trade or otherwise relieve the Bruins of those three players, would you?

I would. All three have underperformed. And if DeBrusk scored 27 goals a few years ago, he was maddengly inconsistant even then.

I'd get what I can, but it is past time the Bruins moved on.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I would be stunned if the kraken took zboril. Sounds like leach would have his fingerprints all over that one. I think the unprotected list of LHD is much stronger than RHD. I originally thought Lauzon would be selected, but maybe if they aren’t taking clifton they have trades/free agents lined up for RHD.

I would be stunned and delighted.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What I mean is, if you could trade or otherwise relieve the Bruins of those three players, would you?

I would. All three have underperformed. And if DeBrusk scored 27 goals a few years ago, he was maddengly inconsistant even then.

I'd get what I can, but it is past time the Bruins moved on.

if I can put JDB into a package that lands either a top 4 D or a top 6 Forward I do it without blinking an eye.

It may actually do the kid good too.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I would think Zboril would be the happiest guy in the room if he gets picked. He needs to get out of this org to reach his potential. They drafted the player, and then chose to try to change everything about him as a player.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

So the Bruins should avoid Suter like the Delta variant then.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, Zboril has a higher ceiling than Lauzon. I wouldn't be surprised if he's chosen, but I still think it will be Clifton.

Lauzon also isn't a top pairing defenseman. Many here think Grzelcyk isn't a top 4D yet Grzelcyk and McAvoy as a pairing is statistically better than a Lauzon McAvoy pairing where McAvoy did most of the heavy lifting.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
you’re entitled to your belief.
I go by texts and emails I get to me from Asst GMs, writers, agents, scouts, etc..
Sometimes I pass it along. Sometimes I dont.
But Ill bet the farm that ‘stays in the room’ is inaccurate.

As a matter of fact we here at dear old HF have had as members former players and agents that were vetted and shared things from time to time.
So much so at times it went beyond guidelines. So I had to remove one . He played for both the Sabres and the Flyers.
And another,I still have emails and pictures, that brought an issue between two Bruins players. One player ended up requesting a trade. Ultimately he stayed while the other was traded. What went on was far too personal. I wouldnt let it stand here.
Yea I don’t get his statement. Sure an organization may want to keep things quiet so they can resolve or trade away the problem but this stuff does not always stay in the room. Players have slept with others wives. Like tonnes of stuff has happened and often finds its way out

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yea I don’t get his statement. Sure an organization may want to keep things quiet so they can resolve or trade away the problem but this stuff does not always stay in the room. Players have slept with others wives. Like tonnes of stuff has happened and often finds its way out

yep, just ask Craig Janney.

or maybe best to leave sleeping dogs at rest…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad