Seat exchange 2019-2020/Tickets/Attendance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Doesn't anyone want to buy a ticket to see Arizona tomorrow? I have never seen so many $115 to $120 lower level seat (fees included) tickets being offered ever! These are primo P4's being offered. You think there should come a time where the season ticket owner should be granted permission to sell his/hers tickets at a loss? You have to do yourself a favor and check out all the listings for season ticket owners just trying to recoup their cost. Something will give soon. I am not saying the sky is falling, but there should be a rule that If a season ticket holder wants to sell his ticket for a dollar, he or her should have that right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ggg99

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Doesn't anyone want to buy a ticket to see Arizona tomorrow? I have never seen so many $115 to $120 lower level seat (fees included) tickets being offered ever! These are primo P4's being offered. You think there should come a time where the season ticket owner should be granted permission to sell his/hers tickets at a loss? You have to do yourself a favor and check out all the listings for season ticket owners just trying to recoup their cost. Something will give soon. I am not saying the sky is falling, but there should be a rule that If a season ticket holder wants to sell his ticket for a dollar, he or her should have that right.
Your problem is that you are a season ticket holder. TN doesn't give a damn about that group of people. It's ridiculous we can't set lower price points to recover some cost.

Tickets are getting harder to sell and this Arizona game is worst so far. Already lots of below cost tickets on stub hub and prices falling fast.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
I find it even more frustrating that they can undercut the lowest ticket prices by a little bit on the seat exchange which makes it even more difficult to sell tickets you don't need. They don't show resale tickets form season ticket holders on the Ticketmaster app which makes them even more inaccessible to fans. I'm going to be calling my ticket rep today to express my frustration. I hope more people do the same.

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
What's even worse is that TN is undercutting their own price structure.

Look at Thrs game vs the Islanders - a "C" category game

On the Jets ticketmaster page a pair of P7s which should be going for $68 + fees each is actually on sale for $51 + fees = $63 each

A pair of P5 seats which should be going for $115 + fees is selling for $83 + fees = $97 each

True North isn't even playing by its own rules.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Just wait till we have a couple bad years, we'll be in big trouble.
I have someone selling p2s for $125 each in a group chat and not much interest. If we're out of the playoff hunt (which I don't think we will be) people will be giving tickets away.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I picked the right year not to renew my seasons tickets. You used to be able to ditch them to the vultures on Kijiji at a slight loss, but now Kijiji will not sell sports tickets anymore.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
This site has a decent link for selling tickets, and I've had good luck on here. But I had better success on Kijiji... it reaches a wider audience.

Reactions: thegr8one66

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I find it even more frustrating that they can undercut the lowest ticket prices by a little bit on the seat exchange which makes it even more difficult to sell tickets you don't need. They don't show resale tickets form season ticket holders on the Ticketmaster app which makes them even more inaccessible to fans. I'm going to be calling my ticket rep today to express my frustration. I hope more people do the same.
This is a perfect example of how True North treats STH like cattle... no respect. I'm curious, is the "True North" chant any quieter nowadays?

Don't get me wrong, Chipman and Thomson still have my appreciation for bringing the Jets back, but they no longer show the same appreciation to the STH who bankroll this whole thing.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
What's even worse is that TN is undercutting their own price structure.

Look at Thrs game vs the Islanders - a "C" category game

On the Jets ticketmaster page a pair of P7s which should be going for $68 + fees each is actually on sale for $51 + fees = $63 each

A pair of P5 seats which should be going for $115 + fees is selling for $83 + fees = $97 each

True North isn't even playing by its own rules.
TNSE did actually covered their bums in writing, but you have to search for it...

At the bottom of this webpage (CLICK) you'll see the following:
DYNAMIC PRICING
For the 2019-20 season, the Winnipeg Jets will be employing a dynamic pricing model for a number of games during the regular season. As such, ticket prices for certain games may change without notice, based on factors such as real-time supply and demand, opponent, day of the week, time of season or promotional giveaways.
Last season was the first time I noticed it.

Reactions: buggs

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
As a non-season ticket holder who is on the Jets email list, I got an email a few days ago for 15% of all October and November Jets tickets in the upper bowl. This surprised me and shows that TNSE is having difficulty selling ticket to Jets games.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
TNSE did actually covered their bums in writing, but you have to search for it...

Dynamic pricing essentially means TNSE can become a scalper and jack the price for high demand games. But "dynamic pricing" sounds a lot nicer than "scalper".

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
STH thrived selling tickets to a reactive market in the first few years due to high demand for the product. My experience selling P6 tickets has been this:

Years 1-2: almost any price within reason.
Sell time: 20-30 minutes.

Years 3-5: near or at face value.* Price categories were a huge factor in these years.
Sell time: A few hours, maybe a day or two for undesirable games.
*At the end of year 5, the Jets were out of the playoff race, and I sold a few games at STH cost, and one or two games below STH cost for the first time.

Years: 6-7: I started accepting well below face value on a regular basis and I often offered tickets at cost. Towards the end of year 7, demand rose and I was getting close to face value again. For the playoffs I sold every second game at face value. This was perhaps the Pinnacle for STH getting value for their commitment.
Sell time: a few days, less time if I offered tickets at cost. Playoff games sold in minutes.

Year 8:
I sold many games below STH cost. Ended up going to most of my games, and treated some family and friends to a game. In the playoffs, I undercute the Seat Exchange market for game 1 early. Sold tickets for just above cost while many listings were face value. Hours later Seat Exchange was flooded with tickets lower than what I got for mine. I attended game 5.
Sell time: days - unsold.

Year 9:
Incomplete. I'm attempting to sell games at 33% lower than STH cost. I've sold three games so far.

There won't be a year 10.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
It's probably been discussed before, but how important is the gate revenue relative to the TV broadcast fees? I seem to recall that the Jet's have one of the highest average ticket prices in the league - I think that needs a price correction to meet our market economy/size. I know there's lots of discussion on True North's plan is to switch over to corporate season ticket holders, but I suspect that this is not a plan, and more of a ticket holder conspiracy theory

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

Well, they admitted in advance that they would undercut their STH in writing. That's like sending a letter to a guy telling him you're going to rob him a few months before you do.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
STH thrived selling tickets to a reactive market in the first few years due to high demand for the product. My experience selling P6 tickets has been this:

Years 1-2: almost any price within reason.
Sell time: 20-30 minutes.

Years 3-5: near or at face value.* Price categories were a huge factor in these years.
Sell time: A few hours, maybe a day or two for undesirable games.
*At the end of year 5, the Jets were out of the playoff race, and I sold a few games at STH cost, and one or two games below STH cost for the first time.

Years: 6-7: I started accepting well below face value on a regular basis and I often offered tickets at cost. Towards the end of year 7, demand rose and I was getting close to face value again. For the playoffs I sold every second game at face value. This was perhaps the Pinnacle for STH getting value for their commitment.
Sell time: a few days, less time if I offered tickets at cost. Playoff games sold in minutes.

Year 8:
I sold many games below STH cost. Ended up going to most of my games, and treated some family and friends to a game. In the playoffs, I undercute the Seat Exchange market for game 1 early. Sold tickets for just above cost while many listings were face value. Hours later Seat Exchange was flooded with tickets lower than what I got for mine. I attended game 5.
Sell time: days - unsold.

Year 9:
Incomplete. I'm attempting to sell games at 33% lower than STH cost. I've sold three games so far.

There won't be a year 10.

And this is the problem. I would say your experience is the general experience for most season ticket holders ( that aren't corporations ) but as long as there is a waiting list , TNSE doesn't care or is just turning a blind eye to the issue. How can there be an issue when we have a waiting list?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It's probably been discussed before, but how important is the gate revenue relative to the TV broadcast fees? I seem to recall that the Jet's have one of the highest average ticket prices in the league - I think that needs a price correction to meet our market economy/size. I know there's lots of discussion on True North's plan is to switch over to corporate season ticket holders, but I suspect that this is not a plan, and more of a ticket holder conspiracy theory

I wouldn't say it was their plan, in the sense they didn't sit down in a meeting one day and said they wanted all STHs to be corporations, but I would have no doubt in saying that it is their off the record preference. I'm also not saying they are taking steps to make sure they get more corporations than individuals, but given the costing matrix that TNSE operates under ( annual compounding price increases ) , they had better hope that corporations like being on board... because that's all they are going to have left one day IMO.

Reactions: blues10

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I wouldn't say it was their plan, in the sense they didn't sit down in a meeting one day and said they wanted all STHs to be corporations, but I would have no doubt in saying that it is their off the record preference. I'm also not saying they are taking steps to make sure they get more corporations than individuals, but given the costing matrix that TNSE operates under ( annual compounding price increases ) , they had better hope that corporations like being on board... because that's all they are going to have left one day IMO.
I thought one of the big question marks before the NHL returned was whether we had enough corporate money to sell out the luxury boxes. That may have tapped out the possibility of any large scale corporate seasons tickets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jetter76

Nov 1, 2013
Calgary
I brought this up once before in a thread but what about this new website fanfirst? It looks legit with no fees. Has anyone had success selling through them?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Not a plan. A Chipman wet dream.

Just a very rough estimate, but I think ticket sales = ~65% of total revenue.

Pretty sure TNSE wants tickets to remain a premium buy. Actually lowering ticket prices undermines that aura. The annual price increase exceeding the rate of inflation seems to create a lot of resentment. I think they should re-examine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad