Seat exchange 2019-2020/Tickets/Attendance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I'll have to check it out, now that Kijiji is out of the game.

Is there a Kijiji-like option out there that doesn’t involve fees? As much as Fanfirst looks good, we lose 9% that we wouldn’t ever have lost by using Kijiji in the past.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I brought this up once before in a thread but what about this new website fanfirst? It looks legit with no fees. Has anyone had success selling through them?
Just took a look at the site. Much easier to navigate than Kijiji was if you're looking for Jets tickets.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d like to exchange my seat in southern Ontario for one about 8 rows up behind the Jets bench.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I saw elsewhere that the Jets 2.0 home sellout streak ended last night. It will certainly be interesting to see if last night's game was a one-off, and if it wasn't will TNSE do anything to try to keep their STHs happy. I'd bet they'll wait to see if the other shoe drops when the P1 and P2 TPAs expire at the end of this season and next. If the renewal numbers are concerning to them then they'll finally start to treat their STHs better.

Reactions: blues10

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I saw elsewhere that the Jets 2.0 home sellout streak ended last night. It will certainly be interesting to see if last night's game was a one-off, and if it wasn't will TNSE do anything to try to keep their STHs happy. I'd bet they'll wait to see if the other shoe drops when the P1 and P2 TPAs expire at the end of this season and next. If the renewal numbers are concerning to them then they'll finally start to treat their STHs better.
There was a thread but it was shutdown. Odd because it's big news. Perhaps there should be an all purpose STH/ticket/attendance/pricing thread separate from the stickied ticket exchange thread.

What do the Mods think?

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
There was a thread but it was shutdown. Odd because it's big news. Perhaps there should be an all purpose STH/ticket/attendance/pricing thread separate from the stickied ticket exchange thread.
Most of these sell out records are bogus.
The Habs organization used to routinely buy left over tickets to maintain their sell out arena record.
If you watch the televised game, they say it’s a sell out, but there’s always some empty seats.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The Habs organization used to routinely buy left over tickets to maintain their sell out arena record.
If you watch the televised game, they say it’s a sell out, but there’s always some empty seats.
That's right, but it's not really breaking news; the fact that they didn't do that yesterday certainly is though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

What do the Mods think?

Maybe this is it.

Odd that the sellout thread was locked without even a final post by the mod stating why.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Empty seats are not the same as unsold seats. At some point that may become a problem too, but it is not the same problem.

Reactions: eepruls and Jets 31

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Empty seats are not the same as unsold seats. At some point that may become a problem too, but it is not the same problem.
Do we know the percentage of unsold seats?
As long as it’s still over 95% sold, I think it’s ok.
Jets team competitiveness and play, fan money availability, and visiting team draw all affect ticket sales.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

What do the Mods think?

It was shut down because it devolved into Maurice and Chevy bashing almost immediately. This thread can be renamed and can fill the purpose you talk about if you'd like, but anything about Maurice or stuff like Chevy hasn't fixed the D will be deleted.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Spock

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do we know the percentage of unsold seats?
As long as it’s still over 95% sold, I think it’s ok.
Jets team competitiveness and play, fan money availability, and visiting team draw all affect ticket sales.

The game last night was ~ 96.6% sold. A lot of teams would be happy to see a crowd that size, ever.

It is concerning though if it starts happening too often.

I agree there are a lot of factors affecting sales. The weather would be another.

But I think the biggest thing right now is simply disappointment. The 2018 season got fans primed for a long stretch of contending. Suddenly coming to such an abrupt end after only 1 year has really dampened the enthusiasm.

I think that after a (fairly short) period of adjustment people will begin finding reasons to hope for improvement to start again and the enthusiasm will recover somewhat. I think it may take something like a new coach to generate that hope though.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The game last night was ~ 96.6% sold. A lot of teams would be happy to see a crowd that size, ever.

It is concerning though if it starts happening too often.

I agree there are a lot of factors affecting sales. The weather would be another.

But I think the biggest thing right now is simply disappointment. The 2018 season got fans primed for a long stretch of contending. Suddenly coming to such an abrupt end after only 1 year has really dampened the enthusiasm.

I think that after a (fairly short) period of adjustment people will begin finding reasons to hope for improvement to start again and the enthusiasm will recover somewhat. I think it may take something like a new coach to generate that hope though.

I think a concern is the amount of those paid tickets that are being posted on Seat Exchange, StubHub, FansFirst, HFBoards etc.

The volume suggests a number of STH don't want to attend games, vs just not being able to attend.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Scottie says they are working 16 hours a day to restore power. They don't have time to go to Jet games.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think a concern is the amount of those paid tickets that are being posted on Seat Exchange, StubHub, FansFirst, HFBoards etc.

The volume suggests a number of STH don't want to attend games, vs just not being able to attend.

I do not blame season ticket holders for dumping their tickets on seat exchange.
It is quite expensive to go see a team that is regressing and playing like hot garbage.

I have personally been given Jets tickets to games on numerous occasions for free.

honeymoon-is-over-e1479417755381.png

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yes - and that is that other problem. Related to not selling out, but somewhat different.

Right now, I can see that as an aberration that can quickly disappear. But if it becomes common the Jets lose that sense of scarcity that supports their high price point. If people can attend a game any time they want through the resale market, why commit to ST? It becomes a downward spiral.

Jets can't afford that. They need to nip this in the bud. And not with things like last minute reduced pricing. That actually adds to the problem, even if they manage to find buyers for all the tickets. They need to make Jets tickets a hot item again.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yes - and that is that other problem. Related to not selling out, but somewhat different.

Right now, I can see that as an aberration that can quickly disappear. But if it becomes common the Jets lose that sense of scarcity that supports their high price point. If people can attend a game any time they want through the resale market, why commit to ST? It becomes a downward spiral.

Jets can't afford that. They need to nip this in the bud. And not with things like last minute reduced pricing. That actually adds to the problem, even if they manage to find buyers for all the tickets. They need to make Jets tickets a hot item again.

I think they've tried to address this by going to account holders who aren't STHs, offering deals. They want to move the unsold seats before allowing their STH friends to move in and offload a seat that's already bought.

The Moose are an issue, I think. When I bought my tickets in 2011, I was an unmarried early 20s guy living two blocks from the arena, no real responsibilities. Now, I'm married with a kid and a house and a job with a respectable start time, and can't prioritize even 5 games a year. They need to create the next wave of 20 somethings like I was with the kids going to games now - but they put all the prime family games that parents would take their kids to, as Moose games.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

That's long been the contention around here by many: TNSE takes its season ticket holders for granted, assuming that the wait list is actually full of people wanting to have that same experience. But people read and people talk. And Winnipeg is inherently cheap, myself included. Easily could have got into the building last night for $35-40 for uppers, under $100 for lowers.

Let's put last night in perspective though: While roads are clear there's still going to be a percentage of people that had issues and couldn't make the game. It was post Thanksgiving against a team that nobody in Winnipeg really cares about any more - there's no one left from Jets 1.0 and we've had a team for multiple seasons, it's just a poor draw in general on a Tuesday night. I had last night's game from our group and was in attendance but it was also my last pick of our draft (not the last pick but close) and I took the Oiler's pre-season game before it. So it's not a big draw period.

Other random thoughts:
- I got in with screen shots again so I will again call B.S. on the security issue and electronic ticketing
- I talked with the people I sat beside for 8 years in Section 112 last night - our seats were not sold to anyone on the wait list - these are P3s that nobody wants apparently
- Jets selling tickets for lower pricing than STH isn't going to make any of the STH happy in the long run

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Of note, just so this doesn't become a Winnipeg is a bad market thing...

last night there was NHL hockey in 5 Canadian cities. Only 1 was a registered sellout.

This is a NHL is becoming too f***ing expensive problem, not a Winnipeg problem. When people in the NHL's strongest financial markets start finding other things to do, the whole system is going to collapse. The NHL is nearing it's tipping point IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad