Seat exchange 2019-2020/Tickets/Attendance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If there is say 1000 people on the waiting list, then that should mean there is 1000 people willing to buy tickets to each game, otherwise , why are you on the waiting list? By being on the waiting list you have shown you are willing to buy tickets and make a commitment. Unless all those people are just willing to buy P6 or P7 seats.

Your right, maybe people on the waiting list get to buy tickets to any game thru seat exchange at the same cost that the STH pays and no insane fees for a computer to just change 0's to 1's.
This was my idea a couple of years ago. I also commented that if someone wanted to be on the waiting list for Jets tickets, they should be committed and obliged to purchase a certain amount of STH resale tickets at cost each year, or be removed from the waiting list. That would be consistent with wanting season tickets, no?

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
TNSE about the sellout streak ending...

An interview request with True North Sports + Entertainment was declined but TNSE Vice President of Communications and Community engagement Rob Wozny said sent out this statement:

“As Winnipeg continues to clean up from one of the worst storms in our city’s history, we’re also feeling some impact as fans have other priorities this week. Additionally, we’ve had a heavy event schedule including two recent sold-out Elton John concerts, two sold-out Jets games and two Moose games. As a result, we’re anticipating some softer crowds for both the Jets and Moose.”
Interesting P.R. tactic to refuse an interview but issue a statement. Yes, they can control their message easier, but it always, always, always comes off as defensive and a "retreat" tactic when organizations do this.

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Why 13 Tues games? Cause they think they can. Moose have the most weekend games they can handle(28 games out of 38). Pretty sure another Jets game on a Saturday will fill those seats up. Dumb marketing plan for sure.
Assuming they have control over their schedule, I would agree.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So does Truth North drop the 3 year contract and let season ticket holders go year to year after this season?

I don't think so. Seattle has released their ST plan, which include multi year contracts. I think Winnipeg set the trend for newer markets in the NHL.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Winnipeg Jets reportedly fail to sell out Bell MTS Place for first time since leaving Atlanta

he Winnipeg Jets returned to Canada in 2011, and Tuesday, they reportedly had their first non-sellout since the move.
In front of a Bell MTS Place crowd just shy of full-capacity, the Jets lost 4-2 to the Arizona Coyotes. There were 14,764 filled seats during the game, compared to the 15,325 fans at each of the first two home games this season.

Shocking to who exactly? I've been saying for 3 years now at least that TNSE is gauging its fans. Price increases over double inflation year to year to year. I've been to the games , despite living in Calgary, and I can tell you that the fan experience is crap compared to most American cities, who have to cater to their fans to fill seats.

This should be a huge wake up call to TNSE to stop taking their fans for granted, or the Jets will be gone again within 15 years when MTS Centre begins showing her age.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I'm not sure how there can be a correlation, but it seems like an odd coincidence that this happened soon after Kijiji stopped allowing ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->