Post-Game Talk: Season's over! See you at training camp! (List of GDTs from the past season are embedded in OP)

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Maybe local self made billionaire Chip Wilson (founded Lululemon and Westbeach clothing)

Yeah... big pass on that douchebag, thanks. I’d rather keep Aquaman.

Like many of you, I foresee more of the same going forward. Hopefully Benning stays away from crappy FA’s, poor trades and bad signings, but I’m not holding my breath. Even if he suddenly tons into an average or better GM, we still have a couple more years in the wilderness.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
:huh::help:

So, the team isn't boring... but it's still boring?

I'm not gonna say that makes sense... but that really doesn't make sense.

Honestly, this is the most exciting the team has been in years since the AV era for me. We finally have some games that are actually worth watching, versus the crap when WD was in Charge, or the trainwreck of Torts' season.

For many of the games this season, aside from a few notable exceptions the team has been in the game. The players have been competitive and kept it to within 1 goal, or taken it to OT or the shootout. They haven't been doing that by playing the trap or another dull style of play either... we literally have had the best rookie in Canucks most of this season lighting it up for the majority of the season, and even when he went cold there's still been lots to watch and enjoy.

...but I guess maybe watching young players improve and other interesting storylines are boring?
:dunno:
(Btw, just calling stuff "boring" without further explanation/elucidation is actually boring and low effort)

Ye sorry I should have explained myself more, but it was like 2 and I close to passing out.

I kind have no idea what I was trying to say, but I think what I meant was that while the team was more entertaining this year compared to other years , I still found watching games, especially in the later half of the season to be a chore. The young guys were fun and all for the first 30- 50 games, but I guess watching the trash like Granlund, Beagle, Guds, Poo, Motte, Eriksson, Spooner play minutes took a toll on me. Toward the latter half the young guys started fading and the Canucks most definitely started trapping and often would end up being hemmed in their own zone for a whole period.

Maybe it just the apathy of these last few years Benning and Co have caused. Maybe the team being so awful and so boring for so long makes it so I only enjoy watching a good team play. A couple years ago I would have interested to watch guys like Saunter, Briesbois, and the collage fa's, but now I really dont care :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad