Season ticket wait list

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
As an added twist, I was contacted by a Moose rep saying that because I cancelled my wait list, I can use my lost yearly memberships ($400 to date) to buy Moose tickets. I thought I lost my $400 leaving the waitlist after 5 years. Now I get a 2-12 game pack for nothing! It's p3. Not complaining. Kind of weird. But I will take it.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I moved up about 275 spots and am now at 460.

Just last month I was offered season tickets from the Jets but declined. There seems to have been a lot more season ticket turnover than past years.

How many refusals are you allowed? Do they offer you a range of sections (prices)?
I'm curious. Last year I asked about moving to a section closer to the blue line, as I'm currently in the P6 section closest to P7, and they said there was "very limited turnover"; A claim that raised a 'brow.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
2011-12 Missed out on STH but got on the Wait List #202 (2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2012-13 Got the call for Seats in P5 (Front to Back), Joined the Wait List again #2507 (2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2013-14 Wait List #2077 (Up 430 spots) – 100$ in Account
2014-15 Wait List #1882 (Up 195 spots) – 200$ in Account
2015-16 Upgraded to Loge Seats and still on the Wait List #1615 (Up 267 spots) – 300$ in Account
2016-17 Wait List #1352 (Up 263 spots) – 400$ in Account
2017-18 Wait List #1001 (Up 351 spots) – 500$ in Account
2018-19 Wait List #720 (Up 281 spots) – 600$ in Account
We'll see where this leads in a couple of years...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
2012-13 Got the call for Seats in P5 (Front to Back), Joined the Wait List again #2507 (2 Seats) – 100$ Fee
2015-16 Upgraded to Loge Seats and still on the Wait List #1615 (Up 267 spots) – 300$ in Account

Interesting that when they sent you to the back of the line (presumably) in 2012-13 it was only #2507. I would have expected something closer to 4000.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Interesting that when they sent you to the back of the line (presumably) in 2012-13 it was only #2507. I would have expected something closer to 4000.

I thought that too at first.
But the WL# is equivalent to the "spot in line" the approximately "4000 long wait list" refers to the number of seats.

So, I guess that would mean most people ahead of me at that time likely have 2 seats so my number ended up being 2507 as opposed to 4000. The fact that it was over 2500 makes me think that some people probably didn't read the fine print and only signed up for 1 seat on the wait list (because 2 x 2500 is more like 5000).

complex

Jun 5, 2011
How many refusals are you allowed? Do they offer you a range of sections (prices)?
I'm curious. Last year I asked about moving to a section closer to the blue line, as I'm currently in the P6 section closest to P7, and they said there was "very limited turnover"; A claim that raised a 'brow.

We were told that they have relaxed the refusal rule and that you can decline tickets as many times as you like. As long as you pay your annual wait list fee, you will always keep your spot.

We were offered P6 or P7 tickets. We didn’t get any specifics beyond that.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
As an added twist, I was contacted by a Moose rep saying that because I cancelled my wait list, I can use my lost yearly memberships ($400 to date) to buy Moose tickets. I thought I lost my $400 leaving the waitlist after 5 years. Now I get a 2-12 game pack for nothing! It's p3. Not complaining. Kind of weird. But I will take it.

Smart move for them. They fill some seats and may make some money off you and your guest on concessions at the very least.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Just to clarify and out of curiosity - you now have 2 loge seats and are on the wait list for 2 more seats? Are you looking for 4 seats total, something better than loge, or something cheaper than loge? I'm a little confused. :)

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Smart move for them. They fill some seats and may make some money off you and your guest on concessions at the very least.
Usually when you cancel a contract early, let's say a cell phone contract, they don't say we are going to give you a 60" 4K TV because you cancelled early as a reward.

I knew the rules. Cancel early and we are taking away all of your money. I decided to cut my losses. Yes I might buy a 10 dollar beer. Maybe a 10 dollar sandwich. There's $20 in their savings minus their costs. Times 12 games. Thats's $240. I got $400 in Moose games for free? There must be a real shortage of Moose tickets being bought. That's gotta to be it. Fill the stands whatever it takes.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Usually when you cancel a contract early, let's say a cell phone contract, they don't say we are going to give you a 60" 4K TV because you cancelled early as a reward.

I knew the rules. Cancel early and we are taking away all of your money. I decided to cut my losses. Yes I might buy a 10 dollar beer. Maybe a 10 dollar sandwich. There's $20 in their savings minus their costs. Times 12 games. Thats's $240. I got $400 in Moose games for free? There must be a real shortage of Moose tickets being bought. That's gotta to be it. Fill the stands whatever it takes.

Hey, don't forget the minimum $120 in parking you will have to pay to attend. People sometimes overlook the "real costs" associated with attending Moose games. Not the least of which is punctured eardrums from shrieking children nearby. :)

Reactions: potroaster

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Just to clarify and out of curiosity - you now have 2 loge seats and are on the wait list for 2 more seats? Are you looking for 4 seats total, something better than loge, or something cheaper than loge? I'm a little confused. :)

Short answer is yes, I have Loge seats and still on the wait list for 2 more.

The long answer is, I re-entered the wait list when I got my call for P5 seats (front to back).
I wanted to ensure that I was going to be able to get side by side seats so I started burning the candle at both ends... via the wait list and the relocation request. Obviously the relocation request happened sooner, especially with the addition of Loge seats which caused a lot of movement.

After that, my brother and I did consider not renewing our spot on the wait list, mainly because, we already have (what we consider to be) the best seats in the house with a solid group. But for what it's worth (50$ea./year), it's not a big deal to us to see where it leads. If our number gets called 3-4 years from now (after being on the wait list for 10 years, you never know where we will be. Maybe we will want another 2 seats? Or our group will have disbanded and we'll want to get back in some cheaper seats, who knows what life will be like for us in 10 years? Anyway, it's more of a backup plan than anything at this point. We re-evaluate the pros and cons of renewing our wait list every year and we just "let it ride".

I feel a little less value in the 500$ per seat "Premium" fee attached to P1 and Loge seats than the 100$ wait list fee, however, it has been extremely easy to get tickets to popular events at BMTSP for family and friends. ;)

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Sometime in late August. The Wait List membership cards are usually mailed out mid-late September after that.

I was wondering when my waitlist card would get here. I went through my emails and found out that the Jets aren't sending cards anymore - you just get a digital code through the NHL app for your discount.

But that makes me sad. I have a collection of 5 waitlist cards - and now that collection has ended. And considering the fact I live in Edmonton and mostly use the waitlist as a way of showing how dedicated a fan I am (go ahead, mock me - I deserve it) I'd kind of appreciate a little plastic card for my $100/year.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Is there still a wait list? I see people trying to unload their full season tickets on Kijiji all the time.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Interesting change in things this year, however small...
I received this year's waitlist renewal email blast one month earlier (end of May) than previous years (end of June).
The deadline for renewal was the same (mid July or so), increasing the window for deciding to renew your waitlist spot or not.
I typically wait until closer to the deadline before renewing anyway. However, this year I got a separate personalized email from our ticket rep asking about our renewal and wondering if he could help me with my waitlist renewal in any way. I ignored it since I was planning on renewing myself anyway...
A couple of days later I got another email blast highlighting an "early bird" renewal bonus (a draw for a "throwback jersey").
Read into it however you feel.
Perhaps they're seeing less STH and waitlist renewals and attempting to keep people committed to the team via the introduction of new "perks" that weren't available before? (i.e. A contest entry for an early bird waitlist renewal)
Perhaps a sign of things to come?
We'll see...

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Hey, don't forget the minimum $120 in parking you will have to pay to attend. People sometimes overlook the "real costs" associated with attending Moose games. Not the least of which is punctured eardrums from shrieking children nearby. :)
They'll be going to Ice games very soon. Not sure who is going to be left to watch the Moose.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
FWIW I got tickets on the day they went on sale. One computer. Was looking for P3, got P3. I know a ton of people that missed out as well but this whole mythology about "groups of millenials on multiple computers were the only ones to get tickets" is pretty bloody entertaining as a notion. The people in P3 around me is comprised of an average age over 50 and everyone I've talked to got in on same day as me.
When they went on sale there were four of us (in our 40's at the time) in four different areas of the city who all tried to get on at the same time. One of us did, and that's how we got our tickets. Now, only one of us has maintained his tickets.

... we are the world's oldest millenials!

oldcoot

Jan 25, 2012
Is there still a wait list? I see people trying to unload their full season tickets on Kijiji all the time.
They don't let you change the main ticket holder very easily. I think you have to be a registered member of the ticket group for three years before you can become master ticket holder. So you'd probably have to make some long-term financial arrangement with kijiji guy for that to happen.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Interesting change in things this year, however small...
I received this year's waitlist renewal email blast one month earlier (end of May) than previous years (end of June).
The deadline for renewal was the same (mid July or so), increasing the window for deciding to renew your waitlist spot or not.
I typically wait until closer to the deadline before renewing anyway. However, this year I got a separate personalized email from our ticket rep asking about our renewal and wondering if he could help me with my waitlist renewal in any way. I ignored it since I was planning on renewing myself anyway...
A couple of days later I got another email blast highlighting an "early bird" renewal bonus (a draw for a "throwback jersey").
Read into it however you feel.
Perhaps they're seeing less STH and waitlist renewals and attempting to keep people committed to the team via the introduction of new "perks" that weren't available before? (i.e. A contest entry for an early bird waitlist renewal)
Perhaps a sign of things to come?
We'll see...

How about more perks for everyone, not just a chance at one? Maybe if enough people responded to their reps along the lines of...

What are my odds of winning that jersey? Several thousand to one against? OK, consider those your odds that I'm going to renew my wait list spot. Have a nice day. :nod:

Sure like to see this organization without its safety net so it would stop taking its ticket base for granted. Make their customers feel like they're appreciated instead of easily replaceable.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
How about more perks for everyone, not just a chance at one? Maybe if enough people responded to their reps along the lines of...

What are my odds of winning that jersey? Several thousand to one against? OK, consider those your odds that I'm going to renew my wait list spot. Have a nice day. :nod:

Sure like to see this organization without its safety net so it would stop taking its ticket base for granted. Make their customers feel like they're appreciated instead of easily replaceable.

True,
I'm guessing they're seeing a decline in waitlist renewals now that there may be more attrition with existing seat holder groups poaching new members from the waitlist. Not to mention some groups outright not renewing, whittling the waitlist down even further.
Like you eluded to, maybe the "safety net" is thinning out...

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I'm reluctantly going to let my waiting list spot go (and the accumulated $500). I don't even live in Manitoba anymore, so the plan was always to use season tickets once or twice per year, an sell the remainder hopefully at cost. But everyone seems to say how hard it is to sell tickets now, and I certainly don't have the personal connections to Manitoba now that I used to.

Sucks to lose the $500, but I think I'd just be throwing good money after bad trying to to use that money.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm reluctantly going to let my waiting list spot go (and the accumulated $500). I don't even live in Manitoba anymore, so the plan was always to use season tickets once or twice per year, an sell the remainder hopefully at cost. But everyone seems to say how hard it is to sell tickets now, and I certainly don't have the personal connections to Manitoba now that I used to.

Sucks to lose the $500, but I think I'd just be throwing good money after bad trying to to use that money.

Same here Joe. I was in the list since the beginning and I think I had $800 invested. I did get a playoff game through the wait list in 2015, so that was definitely a plus even though they lost the game. At this point, it's becoming sunk cost to me.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I might be moving back to Winnipeg in the near future for a while and am wondering if it's worth it to get on the waitlist or is getting tickets on the open market easy enough to watch the games when you feel like it (obviously not including playoff games). I prefer watching games on tv (esp Jets games) but I would aim to go to ~10 regular season home games a season (splitting the package with a group), how often are existing groups who already have tickets looking for new members?

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I might be moving back to Winnipeg in the near future for a while and am wondering if it's worth it to get on the waitlist or is getting tickets on the open market easy enough to watch the games when you feel like it (obviously not including playoff games). I prefer watching games on tv (esp Jets games) but I would aim to go to ~10 regular season home games a season (splitting the package with a group), how often are existing groups who already have tickets looking for new members?

Check out Jets split season tickets:
Split Season Seats

You can join groups there.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Depends on the section. I know my P7s never have an issue gotten rid of. Granted, I don't try to sell up to 40 of them and they are the cheapest seats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad