Season ticket wait list

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Still lots of people on the wait list better suited to be ST holders. During the initial frenzy many bought in on tickets that weren't well suited. Either too much $, not enough time, not really committed etc. It wasn't a means test but rather who could get in on time. Actually favoured younger (and poorer) fans that had multiple computers going trying to get in during the first few hectic minutes. This group is being weeded out and gradually replaced by those better positioned to be ST holders. I have a buddy who is now retired with a fat pension with his wife still working as a lawyer waiting patiently on the wait list for 4 tickets. He buys tickets regularly on the secondary market but wants his own tickets to go hassle free when he wants and available for family when he can't go.

Agreed, I remember the first year I could not believe the amount of 20 somethings in the building, I suspect a lot of the seats that come up are younger people that no longer want to put the tix on their credit card. I gave my tickets up after my 4 year agreement ended, I decided I liked riding a new sled every year more than watching live NHL hockey.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed, I remember the first year I could not believe the amount of 20 somethings in the building, I suspect a lot of the seats that come up are younger people that no longer want to put the tix on their credit card. I gave my tickets up after my 4 year agreement ended, I decided I liked riding a new sled every year more than watching live NHL hockey.
I remember from year 1, a guy in his mid 20's pissing and moaning after a loss that he was spending almost as much on Jets tickets as he was on rent. You know off the bat that these season ticket holders couldn't last. IMO it will work out well for TNSE that they are weeding out their ST holders that are not well suited just as the team is climbing into contender status. A long period of being a strong contender with a stable ST group will help keep ticket demand strong.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
But what happens when STHs drop and they run out of wait list members one day? Do they sell the remaining tickets at full price?

That day may eventually come... however, here will be plenty of warning before that happens. We may not need to talk about this now as it seems so far away still and the landscape may be completely different when/if it does happen.
Maybe what will happen is the STH price will freeze for a couple years first in order to retain renewals, then, if there's still people leaving, maybe, the remaining tickets will go for a cut rate but not less than what the STH are paying.

I did what I thought I’d never do. I relinquished my seasons after this year.

I feel for you, Its too bad they've squeezed you out. However, as much as there are people who share your opinion, there are 10 more that want to give season seats a try... at this moment, at least.

Still lots of people on the wait list better suited to be ST holders. During the initial frenzy many bought in on tickets that weren't well suited. Either too much $, not enough time, not really committed etc. It wasn't a means test but rather who could get in on time. Actually favoured younger (and poorer) fans that had multiple computers going trying to get in during the first few hectic minutes. This group is being weeded out and gradually replaced by those better positioned to be ST holders. I have a buddy who is now retired with a fat pension with his wife still working as a lawyer waiting patiently on the wait list for 4 tickets. He buys tickets regularly on the secondary market but wants his own tickets to go hassle free when he wants and available for family when he can't go.

I agree with your assessment KingBogo, It kind of like the STH population is maturing replacing the adrenaline seekers that are mostly interested on the latest new trends. The Jets are "old news" now, they'll be onto the next hot thing, that's fine. Now the more die-hard fans will be able to get in.

I can attest to the bolded statement, as I administer a group of more mature members, where 1/2 are on the older side bordering on retirement. I missed out that 1st year after only getting on the waitlist with my single computer... after which I heard of how some "younger" friends of mine were in groups that did the multiple computer trick.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
That day may eventually come... however, here will be plenty of warning before that happens. We may not need to talk about this now as it seems so far away still and the landscape may be completely different when/if it does happen.
Maybe what will happen is the STH price will freeze for a couple years first in order to retain renewals, then, if there's still people leaving, maybe, the remaining tickets will go for a cut rate but not less than what the STH are paying.

I feel for you, Its too bad they've squeezed you out. However, as much as there are people who share your opinion, there are 10 more that want to give season seats a try... at this moment, at least.

I agree with your assessment KingBogo, It kind of like the STH population is maturing replacing the adrenaline seekers that are mostly interested on the latest new trends. The Jets are "old news" now, they'll be onto the next hot thing, that's fine. Now the more die-hard fans will be able to get in.

I can attest to the bolded statement, as I administer a group of more mature members, where 1/2 are on the older side bordering on retirement. I missed out that 1st year after only getting on the waitlist with my single computer... after which I heard of how some "younger" friends of mine were in groups that did the multiple computer trick.

I agree with you 100% Would be nice to know how old Itchyscratchy77 is.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
FWIW I got tickets on the day they went on sale. One computer. Was looking for P3, got P3. I know a ton of people that missed out as well but this whole mythology about "groups of millenials on multiple computers were the only ones to get tickets" is pretty bloody entertaining as a notion. The people in P3 around me is comprised of an average age over 50 and everyone I've talked to got in on same day as me.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
FWIW I got tickets on the day they went on sale. One computer. Was looking for P3, got P3. I know a ton of people that missed out as well but this whole mythology about "groups of millenials on multiple computers were the only ones to get tickets" is pretty bloody entertaining as a notion. The people in P3 around me is comprised of an average age over 50 and everyone I've talked to got in on same day as me.

Obviously, they got their millenial kids to setup multiple computers and buy tickets for them. :nod:

Reactions: ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We had 3 computers going from different internet connections. One worked, two were shut out. Most people that I know who tried missed. Others had Moose packages, and got ST that way.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
We had 3 computers going from different internet connections. One worked, two were shut out. Most people that I know who tried missed. Others had Moose packages, and got ST that way.

Yeah, Moose packages or piggy-backing on Moose package holders was far and away the best approach to take. I'd agree that most I knew were shut out as well. I knew a few guys too that got Moose packages the year prior to the Jets return on the chance the rumors were true. Paid off for them nicely at a very low investment.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I can't complain too much, I really love the group and seats we have now.
That one year on the waitlist was worth every penny.

bek816

Mar 17, 2012
As 20-something year old when the Jets came back, and now a mid-30-year old, I got a pair of P4 seats using one laptop (just me) when the tickets were available. I've retained those tickets since. Most people around me are a bit older (40s). In the cases I've seen friends drop out of season tickets groups, the main reason are kids and families. My friends are now at the age where they have 1-2 young kids. Going to a game or so a week, especially on a random weeknight, is simply not possible.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Is this season ticket waitlist still a thing? I finally got out after 5 years at it. The big thing for me was the change to season ticket holders selling at cost on seatexchange.

And, If when I actually get the golden goose, TN gives me P7's. There's no way in hell I get p3's or p4's. So I will be on here for 12 years, to get row 10 upper deck behind the net?

Meanwhile they entice me with a 15% Jets card and a Moose game where I have to be with 4,000 screaming kids doing a dance off party. No thanks. I cut my losses.

After the 20% seatexchange markup on the season ticket price, I still don't have to pay for the 4 pre season games. It's kind of a 10% markup then.

Not all games are cost, but there were many willing combatants at many games.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Is this season ticket waitlist still a thing? I finally got out after 5 years at it. The big thing for me was the change to season ticket holders selling at cost on seatexchange.

And, If when I actually get the golden goose, TN gives me P7's. There's no way in hell I get p3's or p4's. So I will be on here for 12 years, to get row 10 upper deck behind the net?

Meanwhile they entice me with a 15% Jets card and a Moose game where I have to be with 4,000 screaming kids doing a dance off party. No thanks. I cut my losses.

After the 20% seatexchange markup on the season ticket price, I still don't have to pay for the 4 pre season games. It's kind of a 10% markup then.

Not all games are cost, but there were many willing combatants at many games.

I do love AHL hockey, but admittedly I do feel a bit out of place.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
On the day of presale for Moose mini pack holders, I managed to get a pair of seats, which were shared between my father and uncle, and another pair of seats owned by another uncle.

We got P2, but I would have preferred to have higher up, even like P5-7. We have since had to give up our two seats, as my dad could no longer go to games and I couldn't afford.

When I'm done with school and get a job (if still in Winnipeg), I'll look to get on waitlist.

complex

Jun 5, 2011
I moved up about 275 spots and am now at 460.

Just last month I was offered season tickets from the Jets but declined. There seems to have been a lot more season ticket turnover than past years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->