Speculation: Season starts January 13th, 2021

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Surprised that with no fans they haven’t decided this would be the right time to go with advertising on the players. I doubt many would blame.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
With the system that looks like it will be used this year, the most playoff series with any Canadian teams would be 5. Under the current system, Rogers could have as many as 14 series with a Canadian team. And is two series, each with two Canadian teams, better for Rogers' ratings than 4 series, each with one Canadian team?

It's better for Rogers to be guaranteed one Canadian team in the semis. Guarantees more interest longer into the playoffs.

When was the last time they had 14 series involving Canadian teams?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Yes sire, one coach already said that he would be wearing it because its easier to curse under it.

They are treally doing thangs and moving thangs hard now sires and sirettes. Also uh, they talkin bout next week, maybe tuesday the whole package is being done and vacuumed in so that might the announcement day like terminator 2 was the judgement day back in their hay days.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Surprised that with no fans they haven’t decided this would be the right time to go with advertising on the players. I doubt many would blame.
You and I both, but then again it's the NHL so maybe we really shouldn't be surprised.

BTW, is Jan 13 still is a speculation?

Reactions: ACC1224

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Is they uh, voting on it today sire? Y'all was saying thursday was the day they will vote and then we'll hear all that scrum come out of it hard.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hear very interesting idears from different teams on how to deal with roster and taxi squad ... many suggesting for 20/21 a hard numbered 25 man roster irrespective of CAP with 100% tax to teams who are OVER with real money transfer to da UNDER teams ... but everyone must be back for to 81.5M CAP for following season ... this helps out da over teams today who are scrambling to unload players for stupid stupid stupid prices and gives more $$$ to weaker market teams who need da $$$ ... and a 3 man taxi squad

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hear very interesting idears from different teams on how to deal with roster and taxi squad ... many suggesting for 20/21 a hard numbered 25 man roster irrespective of CAP with 100% tax to teams who are OVER with real money transfer to da UNDER teams ... but everyone must be back for to 81.5M CAP for following season ... this helps out da over teams today who are scrambling to unload players for stupid stupid stupid prices and gives more $$$ to weaker market teams who need da $$$ ... and a 3 man taxi squad
Tampa looking at losing its next 3 years 1st round picks plus a prospect like Stephens to unload TJ ... there are so few buyers and so prices are INSANE

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Report out of Montreal , that NHL might not be allowed to play in Canada.

thread on main board.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
This is a joke honestly. I'm all for safety, and taking measures to prevent further spread of the virus. However 7 sports clubs who will be tested if not daily then very regularly are not going to have any significant impact or any at all. If you feel differently that is fine as well, I'm not going to go back and forth on covid related issues on here, but this just seems unnecessary to me.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

kb

Aug 28, 2009
This is a joke honestly. I'm all for safety, and taking measures to prevent further spread of the virus. However 7 sports clubs who will be tested if not daily then very regularly are not going to have any significant impact or any at all. If you feel differently that is fine as well, I'm not going to go back and forth on covid related issues on here, but this just seems unnecessary to me.
I agree. It makes little sense especially when you compare that to the crowds at a big box stores. They will be tested far more often.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It’s one thing to not want teams crossing the border all the time, it’s why the Jays and Raps have to have temporary homes in the States. However, I’m failing to see the gigantic issue with allowing the 7 Canadian teams playing up here and having stingy protocols and constant testing. The Jays managed travelling throughout the US during their season and right now we’re about at the level the US was at between August and October, maybe better but don’t quote me on that. Yes the MLB had quite a few issues with teams getting COVID but that was due to individual errors, same goes for the NFL as well.

I’m all for safety but this feels like overkill. The Canadian MLS teams managed fine when they were up here, same with the CPL as well. I see no reason why the Canadian NHL teams couldn’t handle themselves, even with the spikes coming thanks to this second wave.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Yep, all because of a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate. Anyone still thinking this is about Corona or Covid?

Where do you get your numbers?

In Canada: 486k cases, 396k recovered, 13,856 deaths. That's a survival rate of about 97%. Obviously higher than that for young athletes, but there are other outcomes than live/die. For instance, Orlando Magic have a top prospect who got the virus 7 months ago and still hasn't been able to play due to related complications. We also had a similar situation with a player in MLB.

Anyway, hopefully they work it out and we can have a Canadian division this year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ontario public health to weigh possibility of NHL restart as lockdown looms

Ontario public health to weigh possibility of NHL restart as lockdown looms

TORONTO — Ontario’s minister of sport said the provincial government is examining how a Canadian division in the NHL might work.
Lisa MacLeod said on Thursday that discussions about the league’s return-to-play plan are happening at Ontario’s public health table with the province’s chief medical officer of health, as well as officials from Toronto and Ottawa.
MacLeod said that she expects to join those conversations in the next few days, as will her federal counterpart Steven Guilbeault.
“In terms of (the NHL’s) direct proposal, I believe I’m going to be briefed on that in the next day or so,” said MacLeod.
MacLeod said she spoke to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday and is scheduled to again on Friday. She said she has also had conversations with the Ottawa Senators over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • Several media outlets are reporting the NHL is planning to realign its divisions next season with a seven-team all-Canadian division with no cross-border travel.
The league has targeted mid-January as a potential start date.
However, the Ontario Hospital Association today asked the Ontario government for a strict four-week lockdown in regions with high rates of COVID-19 positivity that would include Toronto and Ottawa.
Also, the mayors of Toronto and Mississauga, Ont., both said on Wednesday that they want a strict four-week lockdown to begin over the winter holidays to slow the rapid spread of COVID-19 in the GTA.
Ontario reported a single-day record of 2,432 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday and 23 new deaths due to the virus.
The Ontario Hockey League hopes to begin its 2021 season in early February. MacLeod said that the league has not yet been cleared by Dr. David Williams, the province’s chief medical officer of health.
“The health and well-being of all Ontarians is the No. 1 priority of this government and we continue to put measures into place that protect people,” she said.
John Chidley-Hill, The Canadian Press

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
No idea what the rumoured date is.
Stupid TML facebook group, reason I asked is because of this posted over there and they're all giddy up about it:

8Buk5em.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad