Speculation: Season starts January 13th, 2021

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe those that have been vaccinated can wear a government issued patch depicting a syringe, while they are out in public. Would make for speedy identification.

I mean, the government will just be able to track you, with the Bill Gates microchip, that they are secretly injecting you with anyway... I kid, I kid... You are probably going to get a vaccine card, and need to match that up with photo ID.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I mean, the government will just be able to track you, with the Bill Gates microchip, that they are secretly injecting you with anyway... I kid, I kid... You are probably going to get a vaccine card, and need to match that up with photo ID.
I always thought Gates was gonna make $$$ somehow on da virus. He must own shares in these biotechs. No way da guy spends that much time, energy and $$$ all for free for good of humanity. But if he does GOD bless.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So assuming a Canadian division... we are going to have to play 4 teams 9 times and 2 teams 10 times? Or do you think they will do a regional split? Like an east and a west? Teams in east play each other more? Either way, not sure how much I am looking forward to that... don't get me wrong, I won't miss a minute.

If its 9x4 and 10x2 I hope they do mini-series then. I think they have mentioned this to reduce travel. That should add some intensity to the games and reduce the bore of watching the same opponents so often.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
What is extra deferred revenue agreed on? And what was trade off for players to agree to change CBA?

I had heard there was a proposed increase in CAP per team from 81.5M to 84M for this season with NO ESCROW changes for 20/21 but owners said no.

No additional deferrals. They couldn't come to an agreement on CBA changes, so they will continue based on the MOU.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

There will likely be an app for that.

Reactions: Fogelhund

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
So assuming a Canadian division... we are going to have to play 4 teams 9 times and 2 teams 10 times? Or do you think they will do a regional split? Like an east and a west? Teams in east play each other more? Either way, not sure how much I am looking forward to that... don't get me wrong, I won't miss a minute.

If its 9x4 and 10x2 I hope they do mini-series then. I think they have mentioned this to reduce travel. That should add some intensity to the games and reduce the bore of watching the same opponents so often.
Probably just the Canadian division set up baseball style.

Play 3 and 4 game stretches against the same team. This season is going to be a war zone. Luckily I think we set up pretty well against all of the Canadian teams.

We have a better offense than everybody.
Better defense than most actually.
Goaltending is a wild card but definitely better than Edmonton or Ottawa.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Was to be expected. Theres just too much a stake with reportedly very little internal support for skipping the season.

Interestingly, in the grand scheme of things 82 games is way too long of a season anyways. Every team always has about 10-20 games where they just don't care and coast.

In hoping we have a situation where traveling teams play like a 3 game or so mini series. Those kind of back to backs always seem more interesting/passionate than just jumping around to new opponents every other night

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There will likely be an app for that.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, though not everyone has a phone... I know, almost unbelievable, but they'll need some type of card too, plus your e-card idea.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

The 56 games seems odd to me... just go with 48, play six teams, 8 times each. That's enough to determine playoffs, and additional games are more an expense, than a revenue generator at this point. But what do I know?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The 56 games seems odd to me... just go with 48, play six teams, 8 times each. That's enough to determine playoffs, and additional games are more an expense, than a revenue generator at this point. But what do I know?

The extra games (over the 48) are prob tied to TV revenue. Agree though, a more divisible number of games to even things out would be nice.

I cannot wait to see the proposed schedule. How many 3 in 4 nights against the same opponent? How many back-to-backs? Should be very interesting.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The 56 games thing is designed for the US based teams since their divisions will have more teams.(7 vs 8)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The 56 games thing is designed for the US based teams since their divisions will have more teams.(7 vs 8)
I wonder if they will play more games against eastern teams then western?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Like I said yesterday with the good news, now covid is the issue.

Is the WJC now cancelled or does the bubble get an exemption as all rinks closed until at least January 13 in Alberta.

Last edited:

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Wouldn't make sense then if the last few weeks all 7 teams do a road trip and play some games in the states then come back test negative and do a playoffs? or go to the states and never come back?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Was to be expected. Theres just too much a stake with reportedly very little internal support for skipping the season.

Interestingly, in the grand scheme of things 82 games is way too long of a season anyways. Every team always has about 10-20 games where they just don't care and coast.

In hoping we have a situation where traveling teams play like a 3 game or so mini series. Those kind of back to backs always seem more interesting/passionate than just jumping around to new opponents every other night

I agree. It will never happen, but I would support a 50-60 game season. Still start in October, but finish sooner.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Wouldn't make sense then if the last few weeks all 7 teams do a road trip and play some games in the states then come back test negative and do a playoffs? or go to the states and never come back?
If it’s the Habs and Sens and Canucks never coming back I’m good with that

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Could be a 4 team AHL division in Canada, they said on That’s hockey

Better than not playing at all. I'm a bit surprised that they don't have a seven team AHL division in Canada this year though. Have all the Canadian teams bring their AHL teams home.... If they end up with significant injury issues, they won't be able to quickly call anybody up, though a 30 player NHL taxi-squad, does address that to some degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad