Season Seat Holders: When is your relocation window?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ya. The lower bowl can be overrated. To me you want to be above the glass to have a view of all the action. Unless you are buying first row because you love the vibe of the on ice battles go higher up. To me starting in the second row it sucks.

My father-in-laws company has centre ice seats and they are about row 12. Someday I think I'd prefer if they were about row 15+

Until my seats at Rogers I had seats in several sections at Rexall. My favourite were Row 14 near mid ice. No glass issue and great sight lines.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
There isn’t really a season seat holder thread here anymore….

Anyone buying power packs? My pre sale window is this afternoon, contemplating buying one. I bought one 3-4 years ago and might again, more just for the the early access to playoff tickets they’ve offered to power pack holders in the past. Anyone know if this is still true? Curious to see what seats might be available
The last couple of years every time we start a thread to discuss season seats the conversation is joined by other posters berating STH for supporting the team management/ownership/NHL business model or shaming STH for spending their money foolishly.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Picked up the value pack 1 last night (not as picky about who they play against and like getting the extra ticket at the same price). Had some credit from the game that was left that got cancelled that were from club seats in the power pack that I used towards it which was nice

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
The last couple of years every time we start a thread to discuss season seats the conversation is joined by other posters berating STH for supporting the team management/ownership/NHL business model or shaming STH for spending their money foolishly.

Yup. I always hated how those people hijacked the thread. It seemed silly to me that they cheer for a team in their community and the people laying out the biggest contribution to keep the team successful get yelled and berated by these people.

My hope here is that this post doesn't stir up a hornets nest of trolls coming in to shit on us even more.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

I thought this is noteworthy, given that the Oilers have already been selling Power packs and season seats without announcing this yet.

Not sure how many others have followed along NFL ticket prices this last while, but I was hoping to be in Vegas in Mid October and go to a game so I had been checking prices almost daily, after they announced the Vaccination requirement there the prices essentially halved almost. I’d imagine there is going to be some angry holders if this does indeed end up being true. A big blow to the secondary market for sure at the least

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
People refusing to get vaccinated can't go to Oiler games?

vxl-virgin-xl.gif

(This is just a joke anti-vaxxers, cool your holistic blood)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good. I don’t want some anti-vaxxer sitting beside or behind me, coughing and yelling his or her brains out. They can stay at home and watch in their basement.

The few AV STH will whine and cry and complain and nobody other than the other AV lunatics will feel sorry for them.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I thought this is noteworthy, given that the Oilers have already been selling Power packs and season seats without announcing this yet.

Not sure how many others have followed along NFL ticket prices this last while, but I was hoping to be in Vegas in Mid October and go to a game so I had been checking prices almost daily, after they announced the Vaccination requirement there the prices essentially halved almost. I’d imagine there is going to be some angry holders if this does indeed end up being true. A big blow to the secondary market for sure at the least

That's a good thing on all fronts.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Some of the AV comments are hilarious. A lot of pretend internet scientists in the thread showing their complete lack of grey matter.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013

This is a good question, if I didn't want to get vaccinated for some reason now what do I do, refund for the year but then lose my seats permanently? If there is a booster shot later will I require that as well?

Interesting times we are getting into.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
This is a good question, if I didn't want to get vaccinated for some reason now what do I do, refund for the year but then lose my seats permanently? If there is a booster shot later will I require that as well?

My account manager before I never renewed as the value of my seats (Center Ice Club) as a season ticket holder isn't market value. Overpriced shit imo. Anyways, they said if you renewed, paid, and restrictions come into place or not all fans can be in the arena etc. they would be refunded, if you give up your seats due to not getting vaccinated, then you would lose them for good. But seeing as there are 1,000+ seats available for season ticket holders that never renewed and they offering final chance to public to get season seats, shows to me they are desperate and you could see 5% of current STH's give up the seats for a refund due to this upcoming announcement.

Ticket prices will be cheap come actual game days and now will even be cheaper.

Reactions: Simby

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My account manager before I never renewed as the value of my seats (Center Ice Club) as a season ticket holder isn't market value. Overpriced shit imo. Anyways, they said if you renewed, paid, and restrictions come into place or not all fans can be in the arena etc. they would be refunded, if you give up your seats due to not getting vaccinated, then you would lose them for good. But seeing as there are 1,000+ seats available for season ticket holders that never renewed and they offering final chance to public to get season seats, shows to me they are desperate and you could see 5% of current STH's give up the seats for a refund due to this upcoming announcement.

Ticket prices will be cheap come actual game days and now will even be cheaper.

I will pay a premium to not have some AV nitwits sitting anywhere near me. They can take their refund and f*** off.

The Oilers will eventually replace them with people who don’t think the earth is flat.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Flu shots are an annual thing right now. They will eventually work the vaccine and any boosters in with your annual flu shot and hopefully a more permanent vaccine will come out like what babies and infants get now for polio, diphtheria, etc.

I don’t get why a booster is such a big deal.

Here’s a trick - let the science work.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not a fan of the vaccine requirement tbh. I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer, I'm fully vaxxed, and as someone who believes in the efficacy of the vaccines I also realize how low a threat an unvaccinated person poses to me. That being said I'm not gonna lose my mind over it, glad I'm vaccinated and it won't affect me.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not a fan of the vaccine requirement tbh. I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer, I'm fully vaxxed, and as someone who believes in the efficacy of the vaccines I also realize how low a threat an unvaccinated person poses to me. That being said I'm not gonna lose my mind over it, glad I'm vaccinated and it won't affect me.

The problem is the unvaccinated will spread it amongst each other at a game.

Get 1000 to 2000 of them inside a cramped environment like a hockey game, drinking, screaming and yelling and you have a super spreader event among the AV. Then they also take the virus home and give it to their unvaxxed family and then it spreads among the unvaxxed at work and schools.

Now you have thousands of unvaxxed and sadly children infected within a week or two because of 1 hockey game.

Then our hospitals fill up and boom, we’re in another f***ing 2 month long lockdown thanks to the AV.

That is the problem.

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The problem is the unvaccinated will spread it amongst each other at a game.

Get 1000 to 2000 of them inside a cramped environment like a hockey game, drinking, screaming and yelling and you have a super spreader event among the AV. Then they also take the virus home and give it to their unvaxxed family and then it spreads among the unvaxxed at work and schools.

Now you have thousands of unvaxxed and sadly children infected within a week or two because of 1 hockey game.

Then our hospitals fill up and boom, we’re in another f***ing 2 month long lockdown thanks to the AV.

That is the problem.

At this point honestly I don't really care if the unvaxxed spread it amongst themselves. We won't go into lockdown for that, I don't think. You bring a good point about children though... hope we can get the vaccines approved for them soon.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad