Post-Game Talk: Season Over, Jets Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder how Chipman takes the comments from Bones. It is certainly a criticism of the team and leadership that Chevy built and banked on for too many years. But Chipman may also take it personally - we don't really know to what extent he is involved in player decisions. Personally, I don't think he meddles in that, just let's Chevy do his thing

Now that Maurice quit on this group of players and Bones told the world what we have been talking about for years about a portion of this leadership group, I think TNSE is forced into some big changes. Hell, even Stastny talked about it on his way out the door. I mean, how many times can you sweep this shit under the rug.
Maurice shouldn't be getting a pass here, he quit on a problem that he had a hand in creating. Murat in his article sums it up well.

If I'm Chipman I'd take those as a direct indictment. At the end of the day it's his organization. He ultimately calls the shots and sets the direction and expectations for management. If management is failing and he doesn't do anything but turn a blind eye then yeah that's a problem. Accountability needs to start at the top, if you want player accountability at the bottom.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
I wonder how Chipman takes the comments from Bones. It is certainly a criticism of the team and leadership that Chevy built and banked on for too many years. But Chipman may also take it personally - we don't really know to what extent he is involved in player decisions. Personally, I don't think he meddles in that, just let's Chevy do his thing

Now that Maurice quit on this group of players and Bones told the world what we have been talking about for years about a portion of this leadership group, I think TNSE is forced into some big changes. Hell, even Stastny talked about it on his way out the door. I mean, how many times can you sweep this shit under the rug.
Not only sweeping it under the rug, Chevy is like Homer Simpson when he forces all that garbage under Springfield until it starts to pop up through the ground :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Two veteran coaches have told Chipman the same thing... running this group back is not an option regardless of what Chipman feels.

Luckily I don't think a lot of the pending FAs that we have want to sign here anyways so it may be out of Chipman's hands and Bowness comments certainly put a lot more pressure on Chevy/Chipman to make changes.

Think of what you want of pionk. I personally am not a huge fan however he noticeably battled I thought.

Pionk tries his best but is just not good enough in his own zone for how much he costs, I had a lot of patience for him during the season but I think it's time to move on. Good thing is that Pionk is not just an albatross contract and can actually help a team... it's just not the Jets.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What a bullshit way to finish off a bullshit season. I hope big changes are coming, f*** off Wheeler & Scheifele. See you all at the draft.

Bye Blake.

Absolutely insane to me that people here continue to blame and shit on Wheeler and talk about buying him out. I guess blaming the whipping boy is easier that to accept the true problems with this team.

Wheeler led all Jets forwards in points, led all Jets forwards in Corsi in this playoff series and played with heart at the age of 37. What do people expect? Blame the other players for not showing up that they allowed themselves to be outshone by a 37 year old past his prime player who had been stripped off captaincy.

Wheeler is one the few positives out of this season and playoffs (along with Lowry and Morrissey). He was stripped of the C and openly on the trading market last summer, yet instead of sulking about it he came out handled it professionally and produced points both in the regular season and the playoffs. Thank you Wheeler!

Imagine how some of these other guys would have played if he had they been stripped of the C lol.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Clearly changes need to be made and Chipman needs to re-evaluate and do something to correct things. Still I think Bones let his emotions get the best of him. Some players deservedly need to be tossed out but many are going to still be here next year.
I think the players understand who Bones was talking about. He referenced their best players a couple of times. It was pretty pointed and directed at certain players.
He’s also right, aside from the occasional glimpse of good play, the usual suspects weren’t close to good enough.

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

One can only hope Chipman and hopefully Chevy took it personally. Finally someone out there with enough guts and don’t give a f*** to call it out for what it is.
Both of those guys know the fan base for the most part liked Bones. His comments will be widely supported. That should concern Chipman.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Chipman will probably reply that Bones shouldn't have used the term 'disgusted' because its not proper grammar - disappointed or disillusioned would have been better - because disgusted is far too harsh. These players still have families that they can go home to and are under contract so there's no reason to use the term disgusted.

Then he will block Bowness on Facebook.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Chipman will probably reply that Bones shouldn't have used the term 'disgusted' because its not proper grammar - disappointed or disillusioned would have been better - because disgusted is far too harsh. These players still have families that they can go home to and are under contract so there's no reason to use the term disgusted.

Then he will block Bowness on Facebook.
Lol!

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Team just needs a top D player and a 2nd line forward to replace some AHL call-ups and they make it out of the first round next year.

No need for a blow-up.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I found it incredibly telling that when JoMo went down we fundamentally changed our system to not allow our dmen to activate. This was straight out of Pionk's mouth. So yeah the biggest key to driving our transition and offensive attack was removed. Yes this speaks to org depth but it also shows that systems definitely played a role in us loosing ground in the series.

Our offense was very dependent on defensive overlap so no shock it dried up with that system change.

Also if that is a key to our game then we need to start working in Chisholm and Heinola next year so that we have the depth to absorb some injuries and not alter how we play.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
From an outsider perspective I don't understand the expectations of the Jets organization. The coach is "disgusted" after the 4-1 loss. Who does this team really think they are? Who does he think he's coaching?? Scheifele and Wheeler and Morrisey are great players, but are they as good as they think? There are a lot of other good teams - better teams. They're not a top contender and haven't been (in my opinion) in my lifetime. It feels like they're always telling us how good they are (Mark Scheifele). I'm sure most knowledgeable fans know this, but management and Scheifele need a reality check. I don't like Scheifele. He's one of those guys that I would love to have playing for my team, but I'm happy to see him lose. Just seems like an incredible douche.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Team just needs a top D player and a 2nd line forward to replace some AHL call-ups and they make it out of the first round next year.

No need for a blow-up.
I'm not sure. Everybody needs a top D player and a 2nd line forward. They should trade Scheifele to a delusional team like NYR for picks / prospects and start over seems like the smart move.

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
Just seems like an incredible douche.
I honestly think Schiefele is a covert narcissist or something. The guy seems to just think only of himself. He can talk only of himself. It's absolutely pathetic to listen to. He even made that comment about wanting to be spoken about at the same level as Crosby lol. With your defensive effort, Mark? With your selfishness? He's f.king delusional, this guy. None of these things can be proven of course, but I think anyone with experience with these types of people can see it - it's HIM. it's him tanking the room. Remove the narcissist and everything changes.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. Bring on the exit interviews and media availability!! (If anyone decides to talk) :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yeah the media for the first time seem like they'll push for the tough questions. My guess is that the Jets put out some of the more likable players out there like Lowry and Morrissey, while hiding certain others. I expect PLD to take the coward's way out and not do any media availability. Wheeler should be an entertaining interview if they make him available :popcorn:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Wheeler is irrelevant. Really. Move him. Don't move him. Find some way to LTIR him. Play him on the 3rd line. No difference at all. Having had a cup of coffee with the Thrashers has always been completely irrelevant. For that matter, having been a Thrashers mainstay for years has never been of any importance either. They did not bring a fungus with them. Besides moving him being irrelevant, it would also be difficult.

Yes, Scheifele is still a top tier C - and the return should reflect that. He is still facing his pending UFA year. Being his contract year, he will probably have a career season.

So lose Wheeler and Dubois and bring back the rest unchanged? Why would you expect any better result? That is 118 pts to replace. 43 goals. We would probably finish just out of the PO and draft 16th. Would you then want to give them yet another year?

You have to realize that Scheifele and Helle are both past their peaks. They probably won't decline sharply for 2-3 more years but they will be trending downwards.

The team needs a culture change. Moving Dubois and Wheeler won't bring that about.

Hey you make some great points and I don't exactly disagree, but just know that Dubois can't carry a team offensively like Schiefele has done for a long time. If we are looking to grow a new #1 center organically it's going to be awhile until we are a legit playoff threat again. I want the Captaincy given to Lowry or Morrisey complete agreement there. But I feel like Scheifele is just an easy target and losing him will quickly render the Jets a bottom feeder. I'm not convinced being a bottom feeder and hoping to strike gold in the lottery is any kind of strategy noawadays. Maybe you don't think losing Schiefele makes the Jets a bottom feeder, but I don't see any center on the Jets contributing 40 goals any time soon. The guy gets a lot of hate but he's a good player and most teams would love to have him.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Yeah the media for the first time seem like they'll push for the tough questions. My guess is that the Jets put out some of the more likable players out there like Lowry and Morrissey, while hiding certain others. I expect PLD to take the coward's way out and not do any media availability. Wheeler should be an entertaining interview if they make him available :popcorn:

I wouldn’t be surprised if PLD does face the music - only to find out he’s been playing with two separated shoulders, six broken ribs and some hurt feelings :sarcasm:.

:popcorn:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Absolutely insane to me that people here continue to blame and shit on Wheeler and talk about buying him out. I guess blaming the whipping boy is easier that to accept the true problems with this team.

Wheeler led all Jets forwards in points, led all Jets forwards in Corsi in this playoff series and played with heart at the age of 37. What do people expect? Blame the other players for not showing up that they allowed themselves to be outshone by a 37 year old past his prime player who had been stripped off captaincy.

Wheeler is one the few positives out of this season and playoffs (along with Lowry and Morrissey). He was stripped of the C and openly on the trading market last summer, yet instead of sulking about it he came out handled it professionally and produced points both in the regular season and the playoffs. Thank you Wheeler!

Imagine how some of these other guys would have played if he had they been stripped of the C lol.
I dont think his play is the main reason that people want to see him go, for me anyways its the fact that his "leadership" proved to be toxic inside the locker room, and he is still going to be a powerful voice/figure in that locker room even without the C. The team desperately needs a leadership makeover/transfer and the only way to truly do that is by getting Wheeler out of there. Scheifele too.

Reactions: rkp and surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you want a culture change then Mark needs to go and fully turn the room over to Lowry and Morrissey

Clearly changes need to be made and Chipman needs to re-evaluate and do something to correct things. Still I think Bones let his emotions get the best of him. Some players deservedly need to be tossed out but many are going to still be here next year.

Ok so we are a day removed

Surixon I agree Bones let his emotions get the best of him which caused him to say what he felt and most everyone watching this teams for the last 4 seasons kind of knows.

Mark and Chevy were challenged in that tirade since this team is their work. They will need to address that and attempt to calm the waters a bit.

The important thing though really is now what?

What do we actually know:

Scheifele has one season left under Jets control then he is free
PLD has one season left under Jets control then he is free
Hellebuyck has one season left under Jets control then he is free
Wheeler has one season left under Jets control then he is free

The reality is these guys could all choose to leave and TNSE will be forced to deal with it anyways.

I don’t think Mark or PLD will be here on their next contract. To me they both look like they can’t wait to get the f*** out.

Big change is probably happening whether TNSE and the fans want it or not (Thank god).

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ok so we are a day removed

Surixon I agree Bones let his emotions get the best of him which caused him to say what he felt and most everyone watching this teams for the last 4 seasons kind of knows.

Mark and Chevy were challenged in that tirade since this team is their work. They will need to address that and attempt to calm the waters a bit.

The important thing though really is now what?

What do we actually know:

Scheifele has one season left under Jets control then he is free
PLD has one season left under Jets control then he is free
Hellebuyck has one season left under Jets control then he is free
Wheeler has one season left under Jets control then he is free

The reality is these guys could all choose to leave and TNSE will be forced to deal with it anyways.

I don’t think Mark or PLD will be here on their next contract. To me they both look like they can’t wait to get the f*** out.

Big change is probably happening whether TNSE and the fans want it or not (Thank god).

Agreed. I'm looking forward to hearing the interviews today. Anyone know when they start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad