Pre-Game Talk: Season Opens on Wednesday as we raise another banner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think that changes much to my post. And if you look at our rivals, who do you put up there? Flyers are #1. Caps are #2. Nobody else is close to those 2. Columbus on the rise. NY teams on the decline. NJ - not at all. Red Wings have really declined after our back to back Cup Finals.

It is what it is. Caps/Pens have been pretty much the top 2 teams of the East for the Sid/Ovy era. Just because we beat them every time doesn't mean they aren't a rival.

I would say Boston or Rangers as a fan in terms of history.

This team as players today probably views it as Flyers Caps Columbus.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I am starting to dislike Columbus more than the Caps. Dubinsky alone should put them ahead. Wilson is a real (insert bad word). But Dubinsky is a (insert bad word) on steroids.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I am starting to dislike Columbus more than the Caps. Dubinsky alone should put them ahead. Wilson is a real (insert bad word). But Dubinsky is a (insert bad word) on steroids.
I'd say Columbus is on the rise as a rival quicker than I thought. Call it the Torts-effect

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm still carrying more dislike for Winnipeg over that game than I do for Columbus,

Pretty much official that he's not going to be ready for the opener and if my Sullivan to English translation is right he's lost the hand or died.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Flyers are number one because I was around when they dominated the Pens. What was it, two decades of never winning in Philly once despite playing them three times a year there? It was ridiculous. Add that they always had a borderline criminal player or three on the roster, and the fan base was really difficult, and the hatred is easy.

I hated the Rangers for the longest time because of the fans, but it became opposite of my Caps thoughts. A few seasons ago we played them in the playoffs and the posters here at HF, especially the mods, were ridiculously easy to like. So intelligent with much to add, so respectful. Changed my opinion 180 degrees, now one of my favorite fan bases.

As for who would be my second most 'hated', I really do not have one. Maybe the Caps edge by default, but after the Flyers who I really do hate, I really do not hate anyone in the division more than anyone else.

Ranger fans are my favorite. Every series with the Rangers is good hockey talk. And if I even mention Graves to newer Pens fans, they don't get the reference. So all that hatred has disappeared.

I definitely enjoy the Ranger fans.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Boston in the 90s, definitely agree. Rangers in the 90s definitely agree. Not anymore. 2013 was more hatred on Bylsma than Boston. Cam Neely vs. Ulf is long gone. Hell even Cooke/Savard is all gone.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Washington's still done more IMO to have a rivalry with us than Philadelphia. If Philly relocated to Maryland, nobody would remember them as our rivals in 5 years.

Yeah, I'd say functionally speaking Columbus/Washington/NYR are our post-season rivals with Philly in the mix for the regular season.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Washington's still done more IMO to have a rivalry with us than Philadelphia. If Philly relocated to Maryland, nobody would remember them as our rivals in 5 years.

Yeah, I'd say functionally speaking Columbus/Washington/NYR are our post-season rivals with Philly in the mix for the regular season.

When Pittsburgh goes winless in Washington for over a decade and a half and then knocks several of Crosby's teeth out we can talk. Until then I will continue for it to be on my hate chart:

Flyers

Everyone else.

Reactions: Bumpus and Freeptop

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Rangers fans for the most part are (relatively) pleasant to discuss hockey with, even during the playoffs. Philly fans are the exact opposite. It's not possible to discuss anything with Caps fans because they boot everyone else off of their board and turn it into a giant echo chamber.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Section 217 for life.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Boston in the 90s, definitely agree. Rangers in the 90s definitely agree. Not anymore. 2013 was more hatred on Bylsma than Boston. Cam Neely vs. Ulf is long gone. Hell even Cooke/Savard is all gone.

Like I said as a team I think Cbus and Caps are up there. As a fan since the 90s Boston and New York have done way more to screw over this team than the Caps ever could. The best Caps teams we've ever played rolled over and died on our way to four cups.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
When Pittsburgh goes winless in Washington for over a decade and a half and then knocks several of Crosby's teeth out we can talk. Until then I will continue for it to be on my hate chart:

Flyers

Everyone else.

So much of my Flyer hate predicated around The Glimmer Twins (Richards/Carter), and it mostly hasn't been the same since they left.

The Caps are up there now with the stupidity of the likes of Wilson and now Niskanen (et tu, Nisky?).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Rangers fans for the most part are (relatively) pleasant to discuss hockey with, even during the playoffs. Philly fans are the exact opposite. It's not possible to discuss anything with Caps fans because they boot everyone else off of their board and turn it into a giant echo chamber.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Section 217 for life.

The bolded is my big issue with the Caps fanbase. Who does that? Who is so insecure about themselves that they need to ban/kick/block anyone with an opposing view from their boards?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'd say Columbus is on the rise as a rival quicker than I thought. Call it the Torts-effect
Ironically, I liked Torts the most out of the coaches this run. The other 3 made asses of themselves with the media. Maybe he toned it down because of his friendship with Sully.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ironically, I liked Torts the most out of the coaches this run. The other 3 made asses of themselves with the media. Maybe he toned it down because of his friendship with Sully.

He still had his moments, but yeah, on the whole, Torts was a pleasant surprise this time. Trotz is rapidly moving up the latter of my most-disliked HC's, despite my respect for his skills.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
That, and man did he ever turn out to be right about Bylsma.
I must have missed that. What did he say about Dan?

He still had his moments, but yeah, on the whole, Torts ckewas a pleasant surprise this time. Trotz is rapidly moving up the latter of my most-disliked HC's, despite my respect for his skills.
Agreed. Trotz really upped his game. "It was a hockey play" was the icing on the cake.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I did think he was toned down, but then there was still so much garbage after the whistle. Anderson on Malkin, Calvert on Kuhnhackl, Dubinsky being Dubinsky. It's not a direct result of Torts, but I imagine he somewhat contributes to it. His system has worked for that team and if they maintain their level of success, they're certainly going to be a greater rival

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I must have missed that. What did he say about Dan?

Agreed. Trotz really upped his game. "It was a hockey play" was the icing on the cake.
Ole No-Neck strikes again. At least he doesn't hold back in the media. Gives us plenty of "bulletin board material" on here

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Oh what the hell,

Caps-Gm7-urgency.jpg
ovechkin-scoring-chances.png

Far be it from me to stop piling on when the piling is good.

Reactions: NJPensFan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad