GDT: Season Finale Game 56: Tank Bowl II (DET@ CBJ), 7PM EST

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Wound’nt be surprised to see Torts turn up as an analyst on one of the new NHL tv contract platforms

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not sure it's apples-to-apples, but Roslovic finishes the regular season with 34 points in 48 games, while PLD has 21 in 43. Didn't see that coming.
Points aren`t always all but if in regular season played with Ehler/Scheifele/Stastny/Wheeler I would expect another statistic. We`ll see how in PO. He was very good there here.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Laine can`t be traded because Jody would have to find someone else for constant criticism. :sarcasm:
Jody for some reason can't stand Laine.
I will say that Jody has plenty of reason to be critical on Laine. You can say, that he has played good in most games this season. What the focus should be on, it that I think that his play has improved over those few last games.
He still make some defensive mistake from time to time, but all does. What more is that when defensive play improves, you will have to puck more and by that alone the chance, that your are contribute will grow. In Laine case that could easy mean grow a lot.
Which is also clearly start to happen in the last few for Laine.:thumbu:

Not sure it's apples-to-apples, but Roslovic finishes the regular season with 34 points in 48 games, while PLD has 21 in 43. Didn't see that coming.
Points aren`t always all but if in regular season played with Ehler/Scheifele/Stastny/Wheeler I would expect another statistic. We`ll see how in PO. He was very good there here.
Yes we are currently winning that trade. Clearly, Roslovic alone ensures that. The question are with how much are we winning that trade? Time will tell.
What ever PLD likes it, Tort was a very good coach for him.

Speaking of Wennberg .. another hatty tonight and he now has 16 g on the season :help:
Wennberg on the other hand, is not a player that has benefitted from Tort. He actually shows that he is worth his contract (sadly not to our benefit).

Torts isn’t going to Russia. He’d rather retire with his dogs
Im my point of view, Torts look more like a man, that want to retire down in Florida, or where ever.

pscbj80

Aug 1, 2020
Just find a completely new coaching team please. No Torts no Brads no Boll.
Highly doubt Boll or the Brads. Boll has no coaching experience in the assistant or head coach ranks. More likely a guy like Malhotra who is an assistant would get a call before Boller.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jody for some reason can't stand Laine.

Gee I wonder why.

I'm rooting for Patty to figure it out but it's not hard to see why there might be some resentment there. Most of these pros and ex-pros had to work incredibly hard to get a sniff in this league, it can be hard to understand what's holding him back.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I will say that Jody has plenty of reason to be critical on Laine. You can say, that he has played good in most games this season. What the focus should be on, it that I think that his play has improved over those few last games.
He still make some defensive mistake from time to time, but all does. What more is that when defensive play improves, you will have to puck more and by that alone the chance, that your are contribute will grow. In Laine case that could easy mean grow a lot.
Which is also clearly start to happen in the last few for Laine.:thumbu:
I didn't think he played good in the most of the games in this season. The true he showed his real potential only in some games but include strong opponents. And IMHO the last gamed include the last two weren't nothing extra he played only a bit better. A bit. I always say about his potential, talent. That's why I would keep him. I doubt we would take an extra center. So we can have three good and to them excelent wingers. Bjorkstrand, Laine, Nyquist, Bemstrom, Texier in TOP 9. Plus Foudy, Chinakhov. I hope Jarmo won't destroy our team only for 1C.

Btw, my words about Jody were sarcasm:sarcasm:

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Gotta give it to max ..couldn’t have had a worse start to season .. he didn’t pout .. he put his head down and worked . Got better and better as season went along . That shows a lot of character

I don't agree. He didn't start moving his feet until about game 25. That's about half our season as nothing but a liability.

I can understand it when guys are on a bad run, gripping their sticks, etc... But you can control your work rate. Pump your feet until you catch a break. Domi doesn't seem to do that, his effort is tied into his confidence level. He just didn't move. And I don't think that's great character. You should be able to bust your ass for your team whether you think you're hot shit or not.

Reactions: Bookker

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I have a good feeling we might have a top 3 pick this year.

The question is do we trade it for 1C if the opportunity comes ?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don't agree. He didn't start moving his feet until about game 25. That's about half our season as nothing but a liability.

I can understand it when guys are on a bad run, gripping their sticks, etc... But you can control your work rate. Pump your feet until you catch a break. Domi doesn't seem to do that, his effort is tied into his confidence level. He just didn't move. And I don't think that's great character. You should be able to bust your ass for your team whether you think you're hot shit or not.
Don’t dismiss paralysis by analysis . Same with Laine . When you take away all their natural instincts they have played with , and try to retrain how they play. We saw this with Bjork for nearly 1.5 yrs

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
correction - we lose a tie-breaker for the 4th spot in the Midwest to Detroit had my alignment been in place

but hey, under this alignment we would have been in the hunt until the very last game of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad