GDT: Season Finale Game 56: Tank Bowl II (DET@ CBJ), 7PM EST

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Hopefully that's what we see a lot of from Domi next season. Nice way to end the season

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
So no worse than 6th then?

We can't finish "worse" than 4th-worst now and that's probably where we'll be. We can't finish "better" than 6th-worst. Calgary and Vancouver are currently behind us, but Calgary only needs one point in 5 games and Vancouver only needs 5 points in 8 games. Hard to see Calgary going 5 straight regulation losses to end the year; more likely Vancouver only goes something like 2-6-0 or something, but still seems pretty unlikely. I think 4th-worst is a safe bet.

Of course, due to Seattle, 4th-worst is only the 5th best odds in the lottery. It's also possible that up to two teams with worse lottery odds than us win the lottery and jump us. But it's looking like our pick will be 5th or 6th, if we don't win the lottery.

Reactions: DJA and LJ7201

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
It would have been corny as hell but it would have been cute if they named Torts the first star

Even if they wanted (and not sure they would've wanted it), they probably can't because, theoretically, he could be back. I mean, we all know he's not going to be, but it's not like he said he's retiring or the organization has officially announced his contract will not be renewed.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I remain unconvinced on the “Torts is for sure done” thing.

the players seem to know. They keep talking about how much he meant to them. And torts was smiling and getting hugs from the other coaches on the bench after the win. That’s not usual.

plus he’s giving all his coaches, including guys like boll and singleton, time behind the bench as thank you’s for their work. You only do that if you know they’re/you’re not coming back

Reactions: LJ7201

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agree Torts is gone. That’s why he gave his usually non-bench assistants get a nance to see it from the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad