Eklund Rumor: Sean Walker talk

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Would not trade Hart 1 on 1 for Bouchard.
So would not add other 2.
pretty sure i’m not the only one In here but lets see.
Makes sense if you view him as a franchise goalie.

So you may see why I feel the same way about Bouchard who I consider to have superstar potential.

Reactions: JRichard

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Flyers are playing better than the Leafs and Walker is an integral part of that. Why would they trade him?

Reactions: ITM

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers are playing better than the Leafs and Walker is an integral part of that. Why would they trade him?
Because we've been expressly told that the Flyers are still in a rebuild, Walker is a UFA, and this is likely the most value anyone will ever get in a trade for him. If you can turn the rest of Walker's season into a legitimate shot at someone who can give you a decade's worth of performance, you do that, and talk to him in the offseason about coming back if he's so inclined.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kids are blocked by too many veterans. Sanheim and York is 1st pair. Then for rd you have Ristolainen and Seeler both veterans. Waived Belpedio who did fine as fill-in.
Young rds: Zamula 23 6’3 played 18 games with Flyers +10, Attard 24 6’3, Grans 21 6’4 (in Provorov trade), best one should be Bonk 18 (first-round pick).

And thats RDs only so depth not an issue at all.

Ld Staal and Mete also 3rd pair vets.
Young guys Andrae 21 5’9, Ginning 23 6’3 both 2nd rounders and both in AHL for 1 and 2 seasons.

Wouldn't conside anyone "blocked". Veterans in Philadelphia are holding the fort while 20-23 year olds are getting the time to refine their games and mature physically.

This is how the process should work.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Because we've been expressly told that the Flyers are still in a rebuild, Walker is a UFA, and this is likely the most value anyone will ever get in a trade for him. If you can turn the rest of Walker's season into a legitimate shot at someone who can give you a decade's worth of performance, you do that, and talk to him in the offseason about coming back if he's so inclined.

Those kind of trades tell the players in the locker room (and the fan base) that they or the current season doesn't matter.

Worked for the Rangers when the GM sent his famous letter - lowering expectations. However, the Rangers didn't win the Cup and are once again icing a lineup of mostly free agents and veteran acquisitions from other teams.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I think that it is funny that before the current 2023-24 season began the players on the Flyers current roster never generated a single thread, and that the Flyers were considered one of the worst teams in the entire NHL by most of the fans of hockey, including the fans of the Flyers.
Now that they're into the 3rd month of the season, and are in 2nd place in their Division, there are many threads dedicated to acquiring the players on the current Flyers roster.
Their new management staff has done a decent job, including some input from the often maligned head coach, into getting rid of some players coming into the new season. Shedding players like, JVR-Hayes-Provorov-DeAngelo has vastly improved the atmosphere within the locker room, and giving young players a chance to shine (even though the Tortorella haters will disagree), has been the difference on this team.
If Danny B can deal Risto and keep Walker, I think it would be another good move.
When the season began I was excited about seeing this team play. Did I expect them to be playoff worthy? No, and I still don't think they will be able to maintain playing as well as they have, but what I am seeing is a major improvement in this team.
The fact that there are now several threads exploring the idea of acquiring players from the Flyers roster is a pleasant surprise.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I think that it is funny that before the current 2023-24 season began the players on the Flyers current roster never generated a single thread, and that the Flyers were considered one of the worst teams in the entire NHL by most of the fans of hockey, including the fans of the Flyers.
Now that they're into the 3rd month of the season, and are in 2nd place in their Division, there are many threads dedicated to acquiring the players on the current Flyers roster.
Their new management staff has done a decent job, including some input from the often maligned head coach, into getting rid of some players coming into the new season. Shedding players like, JVR-Hayes-Provorov-DeAngelo has vastly improved the atmosphere within the locker room, and giving young players a chance to shine (even though the Tortorella haters will disagree), has been the difference on this team.
If Danny B can deal Risto and keep Walker, I think it would be another good move.
When the season began I was excited about seeing this team play. Did I expect them to be playoff worthy? No, and I still don't think they will be able to maintain playing as well as they have, but what I am seeing is a major improvement in this team.
The fact that there are now several threads exploring the idea of acquiring players from the Flyers roster is a pleasant surprise.
Maybe linked to the draft splash with Michkov.
And the arrival of 4 young players Foerster, Brink, Zamula and even Ersson who all barely played last year.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With the Flyers acquiring Drysdale, it's time to get the Walker trade rumors back up to speed. With Walker traded for a pick, I think the Philly D would look like this:

Sanheim-Drysdale
York-Ristolainen
Seeler-Zamula
Staal

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
With the Flyers acquiring Drysdale, it's time to get the Walker trade rumors back up to speed. With Walker traded for a pick, I think the Philly D would look like this:

Sanheim-Drysdale
York-Ristolainen
Seeler-Zamula
Staal
Walker popped into my head with the deal, be interested to seeing what happens with him. He should be coveted

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Flyers absolutely have an extra NHL level defenceman right now.

Both Walker's and Seeler's early season trade values have been sustained, and have every more reason to get moved now that a good replacement has already arrived to allow Flyers to continue to chase playoff dreams.

Camaraderie is special, and either Walker or Seeler departing will be a blow, but the re-build needs to continue...I'm sure the team would get it. Maybe a few games of Drysdale playing will help that along.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I would love LA to pick up Seeler. We have Englund who has done well but a Seeler/ Spence, or Seeler / Clarke pairing would be fun as well.

I have saw a little regression in Englund the last few games and another physical guy would be nice.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I would love LA to pick up Seeler. We have Englund who has done well but a Seeler/ Spence, or Seeler / Clarke pairing would be fun as well.

I have saw a little regression in Englund the last few games and another physical guy would be nice.
Got a B level prospect you can spare, a C?
Kings have next to no picks this draft.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
We have a lot of those. We have been carrying Anderson Dolan as our 13th forward.

We have guys like Madden and Nousianen in the AHL and Hughes in University.

However, they might be more C - level prospects than B- level prospects

Sorry Anderson – Dolan is a center with NHL time under his belt. I would like to see him moved so we can call up Fagemo

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
We have a lot of those. We have been carrying Anderson Dolan as our 13th forward.

Sorry Anderson – Dolan is a center with NHL time under his belt. I would like to see him moved so we can call up Fagemo
Yeah he is 24 so thats a no. nousianen is a d and 23. Madden also 24. Any C prospect my man?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
...here's what he's saying:

"Quick hit to start today…Leafs D-man, Mark Giordano will miss at east 4 weeks, and with Toronto just barely holding onto a playoff position, they are aggressively looking around to acquire a D man… The Flyers have a few D that are playing well and could really help a team, but currently the focus is on Sean Walker…According to my source, there are at least 4 teams who have already called regarding Walker…"

OK so Eklund is not elite, but doesn't he have real sources in Philly?

Ek had sources 2 gm's ago.

Now is this the common sense move? ABSOLUTELY!

Walker can be the 4 for a contender. 2.6 is a more than reasonable can number. And if Toronto is desperate enough to want to add a d of course you listen.

Cost less than a 1 and more than a 2. Is that 2 2's? We shall see.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020

What’s the scope on Turcotte? He’s still in the AHL. Is that due to injuries costing him many games?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If he's moved, does Philly have kids ready to step in?

sanheim
seeler
fisto
zamula
drysdale
York

7 Staal

Now if you moved walker and seeler then it would get ugly in a hurry (belpido, 21 year old Andrae)

Last edited:

funky

Mar 9, 2002
What’s the scope on Turcotte? He’s still in the AHL. Is that due to injuries costing him many games?
Has taken a few nasty head hits the last year. Can’t seem to stay healthy. When he plays he looks good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad