Eklund Rumor: Sean Walker talk

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
A lot of kings fans (myself included) thought he was more than a throw in and that he would excel elsehwere.
Honestly I think the flyers should re-sign him.
After he goes somewhere else for a playoff run i can see it. Same for Seeler. Get prospect or 3rd rounder for each at tdl. Philly still has 4 vets to finish the year and you play 2 kids.

thing is they are in the playoff hunt as of now so it will take some time before it gets done. I would do it early anyway but i dont see it.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A lot of kings fans (myself included) thought he was more than a throw in and that he would excel elsehwere.
If we could convince them to get rid of Staal and Ristolainen, then yeah, I wouldn't mind keeping Walker and Seeler.

Sanheim-York
Seeler-Walker
Belpedio-Zamula
One of Mete/Attard/Andrae/Ginning

Nothing wrong with that for a team that's trying to develop young players.

Reactions: Rich Nixon and YP44

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Playing badly and have a better pt% than Detroit and Florida... not really concerned...

You can spin it however you want, but they aren't "barely holding onto a playoff position" holding on to a playoff spot.

He's wrong.
Games unplayed aren’t games won big guy.

The Leaf’s aren’t going to have 3v3 and skill competitions save them all year. Especially in the post season (if they make it) where they don’t even exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCNate

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I think both are true about the leafs: they are not playing well, and winning games using the skills competition as a fall back is concerning. It's a long season and they're in the mix even though they haven't played well. They do have to find a better game if they want to make the playoffs/go deep.

32 Thoughts brought up Sean Walker like 2 weeks ago.
Which episode did they connect toronto with Walker? I believe you, but I want to read it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think both are true about the leafs: they are not playing well, and winning games using the skills competition as a fall back is concerning. It's a long season and they're in the mix even though they haven't played well. They do have to find a better game if they want to make the playoffs/go deep.

Which episode did they connect toronto with Walker? I believe you, but I want to read it.
They didn't connect Toronto with Walker. If anything they disconnected the two saying he wasn't a target. They talked about him previously on November 20

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

Dec 1st: They look back at Elliotte's headlines from Saturday, including the Leafs interest in Nikita Zadorov (6:50), a potential Sean Walker trade (12:31)

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Really thoroughly uninspired by Sean Walker for the Leafs. Take away the RHD factor, they need different types of D men.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Once over 10 years ago now. How that is a bases to seriously discuss all his other fake “rumours” over the last decade+ is crazy.
I think you're missing the point of the discussion. It all started because one guy said Eklund has never, ever had a source. That was incorrect. That's it, that's all.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I bet the Leafs have called almost every team,
Ya get used to the Leafs being linked to every player.
I'm one of Treliving's biggest critics but he sure as hell isn't lazy. He's well known for constantly staying in touch with other teams and having his finger in every pie.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I think you're missing the point of the discussion. It all started because one guy said Eklund has never, ever had a source. That was incorrect. That's it, that's all.
The man throws so many rumors, got to be right at some point, just like any « expert » at the roulette wheel in Vegas.
To me a rumor who doesnt come about wasnt necessarily made up. I have no idea if Eklund or others receive true tips or not.

Personal story. Feel free to think its made up: in the eighties, was billeting Richard Patrick’s (Washington Caps Prez) son Chris at Quebec Intl pee-wee tournament. During the thank you dinner with the parents, Patrick told me he needed to leave early as he had an unexpected meeting Quebec Nordiques’ for a potential trade. He added he was looking for a goalie. Next day everyone was returning home. Patrick said he got a 3 player list from Aubut. I only remember Druce from the list. Same day i go to a Quebec city sports reporter who was right there at his usual seat at Le Colisée. I gave him the scoop. He used it on his radio show and it was the big thing for a couple of days. Trade never happened God knows why. But source was legit.

I’m sure many regular folks are feeding reporters. Some could be made up.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Games unplayed aren’t games won big guy.

The Leaf’s aren’t going to have 3v3 and skill competitions save them all year. Especially in the post season (if they make it) where they don’t even exist.

Sure and the Wings aren't going to have unsustainable shooting percentages to prop up a mediocre team all year.

1st in finishing so far on a team bereft of elite talent, blowing away every team outside of Vancouver. Bottom third in expected goals share. Enjoy watching the slide back down to irrelevant mediocrity, cheers!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Some team should trade for both Seeler and Walker. They have been great together and would be an amazing 3rd pair (that can play up) for a contender and both have super cheap contracts.

He's 29 years old and the Flyers aren't contending any time soon. Michkov isn't even coming over until 2026. They should strike while the iron is hot and trade both Walker and Seeler. Will Briere have the balls to piss off Torts though?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Some team should trade for both Seeler and Walker. They have been great together and would be an amazing 3rd pair (that can play up) for a contender and both have super cheap contracts.

He's 29 years old and the Flyers aren't contending any time soon. Michkov isn't even coming over until 2026. They should strike while the iron is hot and trade both Walker and Seeler. Will Briere have the balls to piss off Torts though?
Is Briere breathing? if so chances are he has pissed off torts

• Haha
Reactions: BernieParent

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The man throws so many rumors, got to be right at some point, just like any « expert » at the roulette wheel in Vegas.
To me a rumor who doesnt come about wasnt necessarily made up. I have no idea if Eklund or others receive true tips or not.

Personal story. Feel free to think its made up: in the eighties, was billeting Richard Patrick’s (Washington Caps Prez) son Chris at Quebec Intl pee-wee tournament. During the thank you dinner with the parents, Patrick told me he needed to leave early as he had an unexpected meeting Quebec Nordiques’ for a potential trade. He added he was looking for a goalie. Next day everyone was returning home. Patrick said he got a 3 player list from Aubut. I only remember Druce from the list. Same day i go to a Quebec city sports reporter who was right there at his usual seat at Le Colisée. I gave him the scoop. He used it on his radio show and it was the big thing for a couple of days. Trade never happened God knows why. But source was legit.

I’m sure many regular folks are feeding reporters. Some could be made up.
It's well documented that at one point in time he had some inside connection. It doesn't mean he's an expert. Just that he at one point in history actually did have a connection.

Reactions: JRichard

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This is the point where Edmonton should enter the chat. I know they're starting to recover from their awful start, but how much better would they be if they could add Seeler, Walker, and Hart in a single move?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Darren Dreger saying the ask is a first round pick.
Might be too greedy.
How about Walker and Columbus 2nd (probably in 2025 as they have option) for a first and a 3rd.

difference between 2 picks could be at worst 1 spot (Walker wins Cup vs Clb finishing last in 25) to 48 (early exit for Walker’s team and Clb winning cup in 25).

Dropping about 10 spots + a 3rd not that expensive.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Might be too greedy.
How about Walker and Columbus 2nd (probably in 2025 as they have option) for a first and a 3rd.

difference between 2 picks could be at worst 1 spot (Walker wins Cup vs Clb finishing last in 25) to 48 (early exit for Walker’s team and Clb winning cup in 25).

Dropping about 10 spots + a 3rd not that expensive.
It’s greedy on purpose. They’re not rebuilding, and probably want to re-sign him, so everyone gonna have to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: BernieParent

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is the point where Edmonton should enter the chat. I know they're starting to recover from their awful start, but how much better would they be if they could add Seeler, Walker, and Hart in a single move?

Surprisingly, Not that much better actually.

Seeler is close to what Kulak brings. And wouldn’t push Ekholm or Nurse.

Walker would be a slight upgrade on Ceci (I think?) but nothing significant.

Skinner behind this now stabilized defence is playing at about what we’d want out of Hart if we acquired him (.930+ save percentage)

Then you talk about what we’d have to pay to get those three players in one shot and I’m pretty sure Flyers fans would ask for Bouchard right? Which would be a huge loss for the Oilers.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Surprisingly, Not that much better actually.

Seeler is close to what Kulak brings. And wouldn’t push Ekholm or Nurse.

Walker would be a slight upgrade on Ceci (I think?) but nothing significant.

Skinner behind this now stabilized defence is playing at about what we’d want out of Hart if we acquired him (.930+ save percentage)

Then you talk about what we’d have to pay to get those three players in one shot and I’m pretty sure Flyers fans would ask for Bouchard right? Which would be a huge loss for the Oilers.
I’m sure they would ask for way more than Bouchard, could be that they dont like him at all anyway. Not a lock.
3 in one shot wont happen.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m sure they would ask for way more than Bouchard, could be that they dont like him at all anyway. Not a lock.
3 in one shot wont happen.
No offence to the players in this package or flyers fans, but if they ask for a value higher than Bouchard they’ll be looking for a long long time.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
No offence to the players in this package or flyers fans, but if they ask for a value higher than Bouchard they’ll be looking for a long long time.
Would not trade Hart 1 on 1 for Bouchard.
So would not add other 2.
pretty sure i’m not the only one In here but lets see.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3