Eklund Rumor: Sean Walker talk

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
...here's what he's saying:

"Quick hit to start today…Leafs D-man, Mark Giordano will miss at east 4 weeks, and with Toronto just barely holding onto a playoff position, they are aggressively looking around to acquire a D man… The Flyers have a few D that are playing well and could really help a team, but currently the focus is on Sean Walker…According to my source, there are at least 4 teams who have already called regarding Walker…"

OK so Eklund is not elite, but doesn't he have real sources in Philly?

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The Sean Walker rumors are pretty much everywhere. And they make whole lot of sense.

Reactions: YP44

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
...here's what he's saying:

"Quick hit to start today…Leafs D-man, Mark Giordano will miss at east 4 weeks, and with Toronto just barely holding onto a playoff position, they are aggressively looking around to acquire a D man… The Flyers have a few D that are playing well and could really help a team, but currently the focus is on Sean Walker…According to my source, there are at least 4 teams who have already called regarding Walker…"

OK so Eklund is not elite, but doesn't he have real sources in Philly?

I believe he has had some sources inside Philadelphia and/ or if those sources moved to other clubs.

with some turnover in Philly I don’t know if sources are still there.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think you can safely say "the Eklund Rumor prefix exists so people can determine, before entering the thread, whether it is a thread they wish to comment on."

I tend to think too many people enter threads, having read the Ek prefix, to make a comment that is not productive to the discussion, but the intent is for people to not come in and overwhelm the discussion of the topic with commentary on the source. Edit: The preceding bit feels like a non-sequitur now, so just to clarify, this wasn't intended as a tangent. The next bit still seems relevant, though, so I'm leaving the post up.

--

All that said, Walker is a reasonable target for any team looking to bolster their third pair (and, in spot duty, their second pair), if his production in Philly has been any indication. I've heard his name mentioned positively in almost every game I've been able to watch this year, and I suspect this is at least in part indicative of him putting his health issues behind him and really being able to show what he can do. Toronto would be a pretty good fit for him.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If teams want him, they better start beating the Flyers. He won’t be moved if they’re in the playoff mix.

Reactions: BernieParent

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Walker was such a good d in LA before he got injured. Took him a while to get back up to speed, and never really did in LA. Hope he is doing well in Philly.
Walker has played up to any expectations he could have had this season and has been the most pleasant surprise.

Everyone gets the flyers aren't going far this season but can you dump this early when they are surprising? Do you extend with Walker's injury history? Interesting decisions ahead.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Eklund doens't have any sources of anythingmeaningful. Period. Any more than you do.
He actually did have Flyer sources and broke some moves. Thst is how he got a name. Does he still have sources. I don’t know. Ithe sources could have changed teams.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Walker was such a good d in LA before he got injured. Took him a while to get back up to speed, and never really did in LA. Hope he is doing well in Philly.
He's played very well for someone that was a throw in. Flyers need to take advantage of his great play in a trade though

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
If he's moved, does Philly have kids ready to step in?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Walker has played up to any expectations he could have had this season and has been the most pleasant surprise.

Everyone gets the flyers aren't going far this season but can you dump this early when they are surprising? Do you extend with Walker's injury history? Interesting decisions ahead.
Puck to face & skating in the vicinity of Perron aren't really recurring injuries. Don't see why his injury risk would be higher than any other NHL player.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
A special thanks to those HF members that are discussing hockey.

It's sad that so many rush to get on this thread just to talk about the validity of Eklund, his sources, the fact that they know more than him, Elliotte Friedman's beard is far more substantial, etc.

16 hours later Friedman breaks the same story on his mega elite "32 thoughts".

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
2pts up on the teams just outside, with a +2GD, and can’t win games in regulation.

He’s a clown yes, but he’s not wrong

Playing badly and have a better pt% than Detroit and Florida... not really concerned...

You can spin it however you want, but they aren't "barely holding onto a playoff position" holding on to a playoff spot.

He's wrong.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A special thanks to those HF members that are discussing hockey.

It's sad that so many rush to get on this thread just to talk about the validity of Eklund, his sources, the fact that they know more than him, Elliotte Friedman's beard is far more substantial, etc.

16 hours later Friedman breaks the same story on his mega elite "32 thoughts".
32 Thoughts brought up Sean Walker like 2 weeks ago.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If he's moved, does Philly have kids ready to step in?
Kids are blocked by too many veterans. Sanheim and York is 1st pair. Then for rd you have Ristolainen and Seeler both veterans. Waived Belpedio who did fine as fill-in.
Young rds: Zamula 23 6’3 played 18 games with Flyers +10, Attard 24 6’3, Grans 21 6’4 (in Provorov trade), best one should be Bonk 18 (first-round pick).

And thats RDs only so depth not an issue at all.

Ld Staal and Mete also 3rd pair vets.
Young guys Andrae 21 5’9, Ginning 23 6’3 both 2nd rounders and both in AHL for 1 and 2 seasons.

Reactions: Grantham and pth2

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
He did at one point have a source in Philly. A great source? Maybe not. But it helped him break a trade once.
Once over 10 years ago now. How that is a bases to seriously discuss all his other fake “rumours” over the last decade+ is crazy.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He's played very well for someone that was a throw in. Flyers need to take advantage of his great play in a trade though
A lot of kings fans (myself included) thought he was more than a throw in and that he would excel elsehwere.
Honestly I think the flyers should re-sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad