Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
But he would be slitting his wrists if he wasnt scoring.

What I am seeing is that Farrell is using his shot more this year and it's a pretty menacing shot. That will help him be impactful offensively as he goes up levels.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's a real shame his college team had to cancel the season , he looks 100% ready for the next step. He's playing every week so there's that at least, some prospects aren't getting that opportunity right now.

I don't think there's going to be too much harm done to him by dominating this league and getting every chance to be -the- focal point of their entire offense.

It is certainly better than him being at a step he can't handle, getting no ice time, and no offensive minutes.

Like you said, it's a shame, and as you also said, it could be worse.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't think there's going to be too much harm done to him by dominating this league and getting every chance to be -the- focal point of their entire offense.

It is certainly better than him being at a step he can't handle, getting no ice time, and no offensive minutes.

Like you said, it's a shame, and as you also said, it could be worse.
Excellent value for a fourth round pick in any case, he has a lot of tools to work with. I wish we always hit homeruns like that.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Excellent value for a fourth round pick in any case, he has a lot of tools to work with.

His playmaking and agility is what I liked during his draft year.. but this year he's showing off his speed and shooting with intensity.

He might be a riser in our prospect pool should he be able to seamlessly translate up levels.

Reactions: 26Mats

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They couldn't be more different players.

How so? Smaller size. Would most definately fit more in a top 6 role than on a bottom 6 role. Farrell has a great wrister. Is an offensive player. What's so different? They are couldn't be more different? You mean like Caufield and Ylonen? Or Caufield and Alex Tuch?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
How so? Smaller size. Would most definately fit more in a top 6 role than on a bottom 6 role. Farrell has a great wrister. Is an offensive player. What's so different? They are couldn't be more different? You mean like Caufield and Ylonen? Or Caufield and Alex Tuch?

I think Farrell is more like a Gaudreau and Caufield is more like a Debrincat

This is just a style comparison though, I don't plan on either prospect being that successful!

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Like Kobe said.

Caufield is a pure sniper. His game will modify as he goes up levels. But it's all about getting open and using his shot.

Farrell is a puck possession player with high pace and is a natural playmaker who happens to have a good shot as well.

They're the same if you think Blake Wheeler and Patrick Laine are the same because they are both big and have good shots.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Like Kobe said.

Caufield is a pure sniper. His game will modify as he goes up levels. But it's all about getting open and using his shot.

Farrell is a puck possession player with high pace and is a natural playmaker who happens to have a good shot as well.

They're the same if you think Blake Wheeler and Patrick Laine are the same because they are both big and have good shots.

And yet, the way you explain it, erase the names, and you think that the second one will be much more valuable than the 1st one. When your top 1st rounder is solely shot, while the other is what the game is which is puck possession, great playmaker AND good shot...who's the first rounder?

Reactions: dralaf

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm intrigued. Farell is like watching Poehling if he took disco lessons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad