Injury Report: Sean Couturier Has Back Surgery - Out For Remainder Of Season (Feb. 11th)

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
I thought the injury has been something that was bothering him all year. That doesn't sound like a concussion...then again with our medical personnel anything is possible.

Yeah that's what I thought but the wording of it just seems eerily like what they use for concussions. Good days and bad days and all that. Hope I'm wrong.

He did have the facial injury so could be related. What was that exactly? Haven't been paying close attention.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Yeah that's what I thought but the wording of it just seems eerily like what they use for concussions. Good days and bad days and all that. Hope I'm wrong.

He did have the facial injury so could be related. What was that exactly? Haven't been paying close attention.
December 5 loss to Tampa Bay. He skated with a face shield beginning in the second period.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangey

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think if it were playoffs or they were actually in the race, we’d already see him back already. Don’t think it’s a concussion, based on the wording and timeline of events. Perhaps the org is finally coming to terms that they aren’t the contenders that Fletcher proclaimed them to be before the season started

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With the track record our medical staff has, I wouldn’t expect any of this to hold true

I've never seen anything like it. All of our injuries this season are described in riddles. It's truly bizarre and on-brand.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Surely, you jest.

224ad2a02d182e8b5abb02610ba4fea6.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
January 28

Flyers finally get some ‘good news’ on the injury front with Couturier, Hayes and more skating again

Sean Couturier (upper body), Kevin Hayes (adductor), Joel Farabee (upper body), Patrick Brown (MCL), Derick Brassard (hip), and Phantoms forward Tyson Foerster (shoulder) each made appearances on either Thursday or Friday.

“It’s weird to say that it’s good news that there’s a lot of people out there doing rehab skates, but it is compared to where we were a week ago,” interim head coach Mike Yeo said. “That’s encouraging. And obviously real hopeful that we can get some of these guys back. It would give our team a huge boost. The idea that there’s some guys that could be coming back, as far as the positive mindset for the group, I think that could be very encouraging.”​

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad