Celebrity Death: Sean Connery (90)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I never cared for any of the Bond movies but his bond movies were a good bit before my time.

he was great in Untouchables, The Rock.

some other movies I liked that he was in,

The Man Who Would be King
A Bridge Too Far
Time Bandits
The Name of the Rose
First Knight
Dragonheart

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I know he had retired from acting some years back and had said he was having way too much fun being retired to ever return. So that was nice to read. Rip. An all time great.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I wasn't really a Connery as Bond fan, but I liked him in almost everything else I saw him act in. Definitely an iconic actor!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't remember seeing this movie and I hear it was one of his great roles so instead of watching a horror film (A genre I don't like) on Halloween, I'm watching Hunt for Red October.

Reactions: Osprey

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Best Bond there is, although I do think Craig is close. From Russia with Love is an all time classic movie, not just for the Bond franchise.

I will never understand what people see in Craig. Zero charm. Nada. Zilch. James Bond is supposed to be a womanizer, charming guy. All the previous Bonds had it. He's just way too serious and boring.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The Name of the Rose was one of the first movies I saw in cinema.

under appreciated movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel, Umberto Eco’s novels are very linguistically thick. Was constantly writing down words I’d never seen before to research what they meant.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Never knew that. I wonder why he turned it down.

He said he didn't understand the script, they apparently offered him 15 percent of the box office take for all three films, he would have made off like a bandit.

Because of that missed opportunity he took the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen role and hated working on that film so much that he retired.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That music in the untouchables was pretty awesome.

I don't know if it's nostalgia or what but it feels like these older movies had better scores than what we get nowadays.
It was Ennio Morricone. So definitely that old time feel. He did a lot of music for westerns.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
under appreciated movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel, Umberto Eco’s novels are very linguistically thick. Was constantly writing down words I’d never seen before to research what they meant.
Eco is always like that. Still, my favourite author.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Eco is always like that. Still, my favourite author.

I lent a copy of Foucalt's Pendulum to a good friend a decade+ ago. Saw him shortly after and he asked "what the heck does this word mean?". I told him that was a reference to the Sumerian mud origin story mythos. He looked at me like I was some holy font of godly wisdom. Never told him I had looked the word up months beforehand after reading and having no idea what it meant. :)

My friend ended up buying me a new copy of the book because he had written notes into every margin of words to look up while reading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad