Celebrity Death: Sean Connery (90)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Guy had three stages to his career. As Bond, the "why did you leave Bond?" and did a lot of interesting stuff in the 70s, and then as the "cool older dude".

I remember him from Highlander films, Untouchables, Last Crusade, Red October, Medicine Man, Rising Sun, and many more.

It was fun to go back an watch his 70s stuff when I was in college.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Damn this is sad. One of my most favorite actors and I watched his work for pretty much all my life. I didn't even know he was that old and that he was sick and this feels like it came out of nowhere. :( :( :(

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's hard for me to appreciate his Bond Films (I did like Goldfinger) mainly because of my age, so my Favorite Connery movie is still The Rock.

RIP to a legendary actor.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
RIP to the world's best Scottish Russian submarine captain. what a legend.

He played Englishmen, Americans, Italians and even Russians. When he finally got cast in a movie about a Scottish swordsman in the Highlands, he was given the part of... the Spanish-Egyptian character.

MV5BZDNiMDk3ODUtNWFhMS00MWIxLWJkNmYtYWJjODg5MjJkZGVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_SY344_CR0,0,587,344_AL_.jpg

"First, Zardoz... now, this. I need to have a chat with my agent"

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It is so hard to measure Bonds because, after almost 6 decades, there has been so many of them.

Still, I prefer Connery with Daniel Craig as a close second.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Hill is probably my favorite of his films.

Guess I know what one of my next biographies to read will be.

It really is Blue Moon tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Basically same story here. Dad's still sleeping, he won't be happy when he hears this news. Shiiit.

My father passed away 10 years ago. We did not have many good father and son moments but we enjoyed watching the hockey and Bond together

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad