OT: Seabrook hit on Backes

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Much as I like Torres and would think that the Coyotes made a big mistake in trading him, a little reality check is in order.

First, Seabrook has no history of disciplinary action. Torres repeatedly crossed the line.
Second, one playoff game suspended is equivalent to two regular season games.

A phone hearing and 3 playoff game suspension is in order.

After Torres got a 25 game suspension, he received a suspension for the rest of the series the next playoffs after in the Sharks vs Kings series. Torres last punishment was less games that the previous punishment that came in as a result of the 3rd Party Appeal put into the CBA.

What others are arguing more is inconsistencies when it comes to what punishment(if any) gets handed out and as it relates to what offense in committed that could either end the career and/or life of another player.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I kind of hope it goes to a game six just to see Seabrook get what he's due. I guess they will just have to take it out on Keith and Captain classless for trash talking a guy who just got his brain scrambled.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 4m
#blackhawks Brent Seabrook suspension: 3 games. #nhl #tvasports

From the Hawks thread ...
I think I'd rather runblad play
Judging by how little [we] used him once we acquired him doubt that happens but I'd like to see that as well.
[Rundblad] hasn't shown he is capable of playing in the NHL at this point so he won't play unless absolutely necessary.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Chance of seeing Rundblad get some ice probably increasing.

He isn't at gamespeed this year. Too long on the bench/in the pressbox. Take an average skater and add a year and a half of rust. That's Rundblad right now. Brookbank will probably start over him.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Much as I like Torres and would think that the Coyotes made a big mistake in trading him, a little reality check is in order.

First, Seabrook has no history of disciplinary action. Torres repeatedly crossed the line.
Second, one playoff game suspended is equivalent to two regular season games.

A phone hearing and 3 playoff game suspension is in order.
No he's not a repeat offender so of course he shouldn't be getting anywhere near the 25 Raffi got but 3 games is just insulting to this supposedly fair process. He's an original 6 darling, that's why he was protected.
Chance of seeing Rundblad get some ice probably increasing.
As someone who is hoping the Blues knock the Blackhawks out of the first round, I too would like to see them play Rundblad. :biglaugh:

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
For sure! They screamed bloody murder over the Torres hit but Seabrook on the other hand...oh he was just finishing his check.

But of course!

The entire sequence is just horrible. The slash on Oshie, the hit on Backes, Keith saying "wakey wakey" to a guy who is probably concussed, and those idiot blackhawk fans banging on the glass.

I would not at all be surprised if someone Raffis Kane or Toews next game. And it will be totally justified if Backes is done for the playoffs and Seabrook gets a game or two.

I would love that but I'm sure if anyone gives them so much as a dirty look it'll draw a penalty. :sarcasm:
Don't get me started on that idiot fan-girl banging on the glass. What an embarrassment to the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad