Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
849162741.gif

hossa2.gif

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'll just wait to see what happens. I feel that the feet left the ice before the hit, but there are others that don't feel that way.

Biggest thing from this hit is that the head was the principal point of contact. I thought that was the type of hit the league was trying to get rid of. I don't know if Seabrook has a history(I know he has a history of being hit). I would just like the discipline system to be a bit more neutral, and reactive to the hit in question. Not based on a players history.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
For sure! They screamed bloody murder over the Torres hit but Seabrook on the other hand...oh he was just finishing his check.

Oh you know it. Blackhawk nation will be out in full force defending that hit... Clearly its not a legal hit but till they are blue in the face hawk fans will say it was.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
$5,000 fine and a slap on the wrists. If Seabrook played for any of the sunbelt teams, he'd be getting life imprisonment. :sarcasm:

I hope Backes makes a full recovery, because he was on another planet after the hit.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
$5,000 fine and a slap on the wrists. If Seabrook played for any of the sunbelt teams, he'd be getting life imprisonment. :sarcasm:

I hope Backes makes a full recovery, because he was on another planet after the hit.

I'm was amazed to see that he wanted to fight back at Seabrook despite the obvious signs that he was on another planet.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm was amazed to see that he wanted to fight back at Seabrook despite the obvious signs that he was on another planet.
That's some straight A hockey instinct for you. Get absolutely rocked, no idea where you are, but damned if I let the dude who hit me get away with it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Original 6 darling is going to get a slap on the wrist, just like Duncan Keith got after stalking Sedin and elbowing him straight in the face. Such a joke.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The entire sequence is just horrible. The slash on Oshie, the hit on Backes, Keith saying "wakey wakey" to a guy who is probably concussed, and those idiot blackhawk fans banging on the glass.

I would not at all be surprised if someone Raffis Kane or Toews next game. And it will be totally justified if Backes is done for the playoffs and Seabrook gets a game or two.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Seabrook will get a phone and not an in person hearing on Sunday.
Odd. You'd think that if a suspension were coming, the "trouble" of travel would be a non-factor. Any chance Shanahan just doesn't want to have to put on a tie on Easter Sunday?

Either way, Seabrook, Toews, Kane and the rest had better keep their heads on a swivel Monday night. I know I'll have my popcorn ready.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stephane Quintal is now in charge of the dicipline department. Doesn't quite have the same ring as Shanaban :laugh:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Oh you know it. Blackhawk nation will be out in full force defending that hit

I checked their board, and actually most Hawks fans are angry at Seabrook for costing them the game and feel he will be gone for 2-5 games.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
That was a pretty brutal hit. I doubt that's how Seabrook planned it but none-the-less, you do the crime, you do the time. It should be a level playing field for everyone and I hope the NHL does right here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Much as I like Torres and would think that the Coyotes made a big mistake in trading him, a little reality check is in order.

First, Seabrook has no history of disciplinary action. Torres repeatedly crossed the line.
Second, one playoff game suspended is equivalent to two regular season games.

A phone hearing and 3 playoff game suspension is in order.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That is a mean, dirty series all around. Keith alone probably deserved 20 penalties if it was a regular season game.

While it is old time hockey it is so far removed from the regular season rules that things get out of hand. In the old days, someone like Reaves would have rag dolled Keith for all his cheap shots.

Now you cant react. It is the retaliation that always gets called.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Odd. You'd think that if a suspension were coming, the "trouble" of travel would be a non-factor. Any chance Shanahan just doesn't want to have to put on a tie on Easter Sunday?

Either way, Seabrook, Toews, Kane and the rest had better keep their heads on a swivel Monday night. I know I'll have my popcorn ready.

The fact that he's even getting a phone hearing makes it almost 100% that he is getting a suspension. Don't recall a situation where there was a phone hearing and the player wasn't suspended. Players in phone hearings can be suspended up to 5 games, while an in-person hearing is required for 6+ games.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The fact that he's even getting a phone hearing makes it almost 100% that he is getting a suspension. Don't recall a situation where there was a phone hearing and the player wasn't suspended.
I didn't either, but googling it says Milan Lucic / Ryan Miller was a conference call and no suspension.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=601357
Brendan Shanahan said:
"I had the hearing because I did make an initial assessment of the play as I do with all plays, but I did have some questions for Milan and I wanted to hear directly from him," Shanahan told NHL.com. "They were regarding his intent; at what point did he know there was going to be a collision; and whether or not he felt he had the time to avoid the collision. I was satisfied with his answers."
"Almost 100%" is probably spot-on ... I'll put a dollar down on the wording "rest of the series" ... which keeps Seabrook away from the Blues but doesn't immediately torpedo any chance the Hawks have the rest of the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad