Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Ryan Donato signs with the Kraken (1 year, $750k)

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
For sure there are some questionable selections that I certainly didn’t agree with, but that goaltending tandem and blueline, which is very, very good- I dunno they might surprise some folks.They also have some really strong two way players, who play the game right... Appleton, Gourde, Schwartz to name a few. Tanev is also a tough SOB - they may not be able to score enough goals, but in that division they could be a team on the bubble.
This was exactly my point - a bubble playoff team in 2021 is a low/ mid 90s point total to make vs high 80s ( which misses the playoffs).

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The kraken have 2 legit NHL goalies ( probably a top 5 tandem ) , very good defense and in a bad division with good ( not elite) forwards. I bet they can hit 90-100 points range - Sabres are not cracking 70. Dude you can zing me as much as you want on this - I’m from Buffalo and have been a Sabres fan for the last 40 years - Seattle is a good ( not elite) team on paper with legit NHL players at every position and right now the Sabres are not.
I admire the enthusiasm. Go big or go home. I hope it happens so you can come back and tell us all "I told you so". I don't think it will, but I'm routing for you.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I admire the enthusiasm. Go big or go home. I hope it happens so you can come back and tell us all "I told you so". I don't think it will, but I'm routing for you.
I’m consistently surprised on this thread how people think 90 points is going big… It’s literally not even enough to make the playoffs most years! The NHL like 20 years ago sure 90 points was a lot, but with the extra OT point now it is middle of the pack. Look at Seattle’s team, they have a few top four defenseman, Two very good goalies, and a bunch of 2nd to 3rd line forwards with filler players beneath them. They will not stink but they also are not elite… Therefore middle of the pack, therefore around 90 points with some potential if they gel together for more or if they don’t fit to be somewhere in the 80s. I’m not sure why that’s so shocking to people? It’s not like some aggressive prognostication… Just because you don’t like that they didn’t Take on salaries for extra draft picks, has no impact on the fact the roster is not horrible right and quite adequate to compete for a playoff spot right now…As evidence, the last time a full season was played in 18/19 90 points was 17th place.

Attachments

• 45985382-2513-47F8-A73E-91D87AFC14FB.png
    45985382-2513-47F8-A73E-91D87AFC14FB.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Piffle

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I’m consistently surprised on this thread how people think 90 points is going big… It’s literally not even enough to make the playoffs most years! The NHL like 20 years ago sure 90 points was a lot, but with the extra OT point now it is middle of the pack. Look at Seattle’s team, they have a few top four defenseman, Two very good goalies, and a bunch of 2nd to 3rd line forwards with filler players beneath them. They will not stink but they also are not elite… Therefore middle of the pack, therefore around 90 points with some potential if they gel together for more or if they don’t fit to be somewhere in the 80s. I’m not sure why that’s so shocking to people? It’s not like some aggressive prognostication… Just because you don’t like that they didn’t Take on salaries for extra draft picks, has no impact on the fact the roster is not horrible right and quite adequate to compete for a playoff spot right now…As evidence, the last time a full season was played in 18/19 90 points was 17th place.
In fairness you said 90-100 but now are focusing on the bottom end. So, in that spirit I will bite my big toe off if they hit 100 points - and I'm as flexible as a two by four. Not only will I lose a digit and probably hurt my teeth, but my back will hurt for months. Not to mention my hamstrings.

I should say "i'm off to start a stretching regimen" just in case but, really, I am not worried at all.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I'm not sure I couldn't knock him off his feet, and I've never worn skates in my life.

He's a really good shooter when he doesn't have to deal with opponents who might touch him, but that's about it.

Spoiler alert - you couldn’t do anything to him on the ice.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
In fairness you said 90-100 but now are focusing on the bottom end. So, in that spirit I will bite my big toe off if they hit 100 points - and I'm as flexible as a two by four. Not only will I lose a digit and probably hurt my teeth, but my back will hurt for months. Not to mention my hamstrings.

I should say "i'm off to start a stretching regimen" just in case but, really, I am not worried at all.
So let’s go with 95 ( smack in the middle of my “range”) - that would put them at a 7 or 8 seed at best. Look at the 18-19 standings above. Again, 95 sounds like a high point total but it’s just a bubble playoff team that makes it level of points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad