Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] Ryan Donato signs with the Kraken (1 year, $750k)

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
What a soft player and deal... for a guy who just doesn't cut it. Kraken = wrong and awful team and organization.

Reactions: Knies iT

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Quite a drop for a guy that's been on pace for 30+ points the last 3 years

I'm not sure I couldn't knock him off his feet, and I've never worn skates in my life.

He's a really good shooter when he doesn't have to deal with opponents who might touch him, but that's about it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Dude has one hell of a shot, but that's about it. For the team defense scheme that the Kraken are going for, he doesn't really fit them. Oh well.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He was toward the top of the league in 5 v 5 scoring year before last, hopefully he can regain some of that form.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
who will Seattle waive ? I thought they would go 13/8

They can still go that route. Gourde goes on IR and that leaves them with 13 - of course, all of these F: Twarynski, Geeie, Lind, and True would have. to clear waivers, IMO, they all will.

If they go with 14, then Cholowski, Borgen, and Cale Fleury all get waived. And my guess is Borgen goes back to Buffalo, Arizona picks up Cholowski, and Cale clears.

If they go with 13 F, then Borgen stays with the club and Cholowski gets picked up by Arizona or even possibly by Detroit.

Reactions: Jacob582

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I wished we could still ridicule all those posters who thought Donato was the next best thing.

Seattle seem the sign anyone who need a contract.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Donato is an incredibly frustrating player. For league minimum he's absolutely worth the chance, but don't get your hopes up. On a team that could afford to shelter the hell out of his line, it might work out, but I'm not sure that's Seattle at this point.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
is Seattle planning on Waiving Geekie …… as they could have got a 2 Nd if they would have selected the defence man Bean or one of the Carolinas higher paid forwards!

Edit…… Seattle should have set themselves up so much better for the future with futures ( draft picks).

They should have more picks now and 4-5. Very desirable tradable players for this years trade deadline. Right now…… they really only have Gio on defence as a trade piece for the deadline!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
is Seattle planning on Waiving Geekie …… as they could have got a 2 Nd if they would have selected the defence man Bean or one of the Carolinas higher paid forwards!
Lol that’s awesome. Criticizing imaginary moves that aren’t going to happen in the future to further a narrative of criticizing the past. Francis drafted Geekie. And then drafted Geekie. Pretty unlikely to let him go on waivers when he can let a guy like Donato go on waivers.

Why would Francis want one the Canes higher paid forwards over Geekie in the first place? They obviously prioritized cap space and Nino is inconsistent as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad