Trade: [SEA/NYM] Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to the Mets for 2 top prospects, Jay Bruce, Anthony Swarzak

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
upload_2018-11-30_15-25-43.png

That's a one in a million shot right there.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Cano at 60 m for 4 years is very fair. Diaz was the best reliever last season besides Treinen.

I don't get Mets fans. You bitch when the owner is cheap and bitch when they make a move like this. Those two prospects are good but they're not sure things. This move adds stability on the infield, bullpen and locker room.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
kelenic is a stud and should develop nicely. don't know much about dunn but seems like he's still got some work to put in at AA

i'm assuming they'll flip bruce for a prospect or two so overall good trade for the M's and the potential to be a win win if the mets can sign a big name

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Mets are going to be paying Cano $20 million a year willingly for his age 38-40 seasons. What a disaster.

Hideous...and for this deal to become official after the Devil loss they had last night was a turd sandwich on a turd sandwich.

The Mets are trying to get Kluber also.

lol they'd have to deal what's left of their farm system to do so...or one of Nimmo or Conforto. They clearly want Thor out if they're going after Kluber.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
kelenic is a stud and should develop nicely. don't know much about dunn but seems like he's still got some work to put in at AA

i'm assuming they'll flip bruce for a prospect or two so overall good trade for the M's and the potential to be a win win if the mets can sign a big name

Dunn can be a bit wild at times but his stuff is very good. Needs a third pitch.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thought they were going to blow it up?

I guess the NL East is wide open, Marlins suck, Nats struggled even with Harper in the lineup, Philly isn't there yet and Atlanta did great but is by no means a lock to win the division. Congrats Mets fans, Wilpon finally opened his dusty ole cheque book. Now hopefully he does the same for Thor + deGrom when the time comes.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Bautista and Kelenic are good prospects. I don't like the trade. Mets didn't need Diaz when the closer market is full of talent.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
View attachment 159989

That's a one in a million shot right there.

Welp so much for that. Now the deal really sucks. They basically paid market value for Diaz and got Cano back at 5 years $100 million. Sure they shed a couple short-term contracts but that isn't going to help in years 3-5 when Cano's deal would actually be bad. And while I'm not worried about losing Bruce I don't think he's completely finished either, with any luck Seattle could flip him for a couple more pieces at the deadline this year or next offseason.

The Mets are setting themselves up for an illusory two-year run New York Giants-style, especially with the rumors they want to trade Thor and trade FOR Kluber.

Reactions: Belieber

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Welp so much for that. Now the deal really sucks. They basically paid market value for Diaz and got Cano back at 5 years $100 million. Sure they shed a couple short-term contracts but that isn't going to help in years 3-5 when Cano's deal would actually be bad. And while I'm not worried about losing Bruce I don't think he's completely finished either, with any luck Seattle could flip him for a couple more pieces at the deadline this year or next offseason.

The Mets are setting themselves up for an illusory two-year run New York Giants-style, especially with the rumors they want to trade Thor and trade FOR Kluber.

lol Kelenic and a couple of lottery arms isn't even worth Diaz. Now SEA takes on two **** contracts in Bruce and Swarzak that are going to be under replacement level or right on it. On top of it Cano is still a quality player and 20 millions for him in the next three years isn't bad. Last two years might be bad but eh can't have everything. NYM wins this deal handily imo.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

darko

Feb 16, 2009
lol Kelenic and a couple of lottery arms isn't even worth Diaz. Now SEA takes on two **** contracts in Bruce and Swarzak that are going to be under replacement level or right on it. On top of it Cano is still a quality player and 20 millions for him in the next three years isn't bad. Last two years might be bad but eh can't have everything. NYM wins this deal handily imo.

Dunn isn't a lottery arm. He had a good year in AA and his stuff is very good.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Interesting. Apparently you can be drafted with bone spurs...

It shows you the deal is slightly dumber than we thought. Obviously the Mets knew about it and it’s not generally as serious as TJS but it’s likely at some point he will need surgery as he ages and if he needs it in the next 4-5 years that’s generally a missed season or 3-4 months easily

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It shows you the deal is slightly dumber than we thought. Obviously the Mets knew about it and it’s not generally as serious as TJS but it’s likely at some point he will need surgery as he ages and if he needs it in the next 4-5 years that’s generally a missed season or 3-4 months easily
If he ends up needing it I don't see why it couldn't be done in the offseason. Generally the heel of a foot isn't nearly as important as the rest of the foot wrt planting and delivering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad