GDT: SCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs Montreal Canadiens 6/18/21 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
This is actually great news, get all their best players on 1 line, easier to target to shutdown and send Danault on them with last change

A desperation move by Deboer. lets make their other lines pay

+1

This is desperation at it's finest.

AND if we could shut down Matthews and co, we can shut down Mark Stone and Pacioretty.......

Reactions: Final Baton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Appreciated man. There's a ton of respect between Bruins and Habs fans despite the hate, I feel like. That's the sign of a legndary, old ass rivalry. We've just squared off too many time against this foe at high levels, to not respect them.

I hate the bruins with the passion of a 1000 burning suns, but that Vegas team as an entitlement about them(same as Leafs), that the Bruins at least don't have. I feel like the humble-hardworking ethics is a common ground between the too fanbases
Exactly

I been in Montreal starting in early 80’s for Bruins games and everytime we hung out with Habs fans at bars, clubs - you guys were a blast we still talk about some of the crazy hot shit Montreal fans (and we thought we could drink)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
+1

AND if we could shut down Matthews and co, we can shut down Mark Stone and Pacioretty.......

Yeah I keep having to explain this to people lol, like yeah Mark Stone is great of course, but Matthews is waaaaay better lol, and Marner is waaaay scarier than pacioretty, we can absolutely shut these guys down

LaTenderness

Feb 9, 2019
This is actually great news, get all their best players on 1 line, easier to target to shutdown and send Danault on them with last change

Tuch has an absolute muffin, Price almost looks disgusted when he stops him with ease on his 3 breakaways per game

Jul 6, 2016
DeBoer can do what he wants, but I think Karlsson would had been a better option between Patches and Stone Or Marchesseault, who used to be a centerman, leaving Tuch on his natural RW on the second line.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
+1

Not saying he's better than Matthews... But Stone is just another kind. You can shut him down, and he'll still have a great positive impact with his defensive play and beast possession abilities.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Yeah I keep having to explain this to people lol, like yeah Mark Stone is great of course, but Matthews is waaaaay better lol, and Marner is waaaay scarier than pacioretty, we can absolutely shut these guys down

People acting like Mark Stone is the second coming of Gretzky all of a sudden

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'm sure everyone is super duper safe.

Everyone has to wear a mask on the planes.

I'm just asking a simple question of how Dom got to Montreal.

Why would they test him before a flight only to let him on the flight if he tests positive?

Maybe he didn't know the results until he was on the plane. Or maybe they were able to effectively isolate him on the plane.

I was just curious about it, not trying to claim the Habs are being unsafe.

Go Habs!

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city

Yep, indeed that makes them a bit easier to shut down. Really don't understand why some people are scared of Tuch being their #1C

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
he's a GREAT player.. would love to have him on my side
He's a much better all around player than Matthews for sure, but it's a moot point since we are not expecting the Danault line to cary us offensively, so who cares about his defensive powerness.

You can see that DeBoer is trying to get his offensive going because right now the offense is coming only from their defencemen... At least he's trying something contrary to Keefe.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I’m a 38 year season ticket holder of the Bruins at age 61 ~ saw the Habs win Cup in Boston 1977 in parents seats

Still traumatized by 1971
Still pissed from too many men 1979

but I am 100% rooting for you guys and have been since game 1 vs Leafs

once Boston got knocked out I’m rooting for my enemy but still had my favorite player as a kid - Yvan Cournoyer. Loved him

I can return hating you guys next Fall but I’m looking forward to tonight

and really who can root for those Vegas frauds or Tampa $98 M payroll - Islanders are nice but that prick Clutterbuck turned our series around KOing Smith & Carlo

I think it would be great for hockey and don’t let anyone kid you if Boston had Montreal bottom 6 we’d still be playing

good fortune and health boys - beat that carnival show from Vegas
That's it. A Bruins old-timer rooting for us. Just too many weird things this year to be coincidental. I'm now certain we are winning the Cup.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Since when has Paciorety ever used his size? And calling him "skilled" is a stretch. He scores occasionally. That's it.

I know some will disagree but probably not since pre-Chara. Can't find it but he had a text somewhere about watching the game while injured and realizing that perimeter players have a longer career.

I'd say that he's an intelligent person, and seems to be a student of the game, although the repercussion is that it doesn't do well against guys like Gallagher who don't care about their bodies and give it all 110%.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I feel like loading up a line against the Habs is the Opposite of what you should do, we are one of the few teams left in the league with a dedicated middle six shutdown line.

Pretty dumb actually. Didn't we do great against the Oilers this year specifically because we shut down McDrai on one line??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad