GDT: SCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs Montreal Canadiens 6/18/21 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I kind of like how they are going with Tuch with Stone and Patch. We get last change and Danault like sticks to them. That will actually free up others with Tuch not on the other lines.

I feel like loading up a line against the Habs is the Opposite of what you should do, we are one of the few teams left in the league with a dedicated middle six shutdown line.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If Ducharme is really out.....is Bouchard a possibility since he's also around the team right now?
Richardson has already his hands full with the D-squad.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
If Ducharme is really out.....is Bouchard a possibility since he's also around the team right now?
Richardson has already his hands full with the D-squad.
According to Jean-Charles Lajoie he left the bubble so he'd have to quarantine 14 days before entering so unfortunately no.

Reactions: Milhouse40

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
The boys have to be very careful tonight with how the refs are calling the penalties, that PP tampa got yesterday for the scoring goal was a joke, vegas and tampa both had there coaches complain about the refs and since then seems to be having favorable calls going there way.

Habs need to win tonight good luck all

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Ouf, these trends don't look good...

In every year I'm going to mention below, whenever Habs win the first game, they've won the series (except for Boston in 2011), but on the other hand, what happens when they lose the first game, no matter if they win or lose the second game?:

Lose first game vs Philly, lose series

Lose first game vs Rangers, lose series

Lose first game vs Tampa, lose series

Lose first game vs Ottawa, lose series

We have to go back to Pittsburgh in 2010 as the last series where we loss the first game, but won the series.

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

In every year I'm going to mention below, whenever Habs win the first game, they've won the series (except for Boston in 2011), but on the other hand, what happens when they lose the first game, no matter if they win or lose the second game?:

We have to go back to Pittsburgh in 2010 as the last series where we loss the first game, but won the series.

If we are talking irelvant trends since theirs been so much turnover I'd rather look at the 93 series vs LA, we lost the first game and won the second by the same 2 scores as these 2.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If Chandler Stephenson is out for the series, I'll start to believe we have an anti-top6C charm or something. :laugh:

Round 1: Tavares
Round 2: Scheifele
Round 3: Stephenson
Round 4: ???

You’d have a point if Stephenson wasn’t just a glorified 3rd liner.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
I think it's the fact he hasn't played yet and he's young, so throwing him to the wolves in the third round might not be something they are prepared to do.

And folks here are going up in arms when Habs coach put KK, Romanov or Caufield in the stands. And Vegas prefer Holden to Hague.

Jul 6, 2016
According to Jean-Charles Lajoie he left the bubble so he'd have to quarantine 14 days before entering so unfortunately no.

Doesn't make sense. They are tested more than any other human beings and DD got his two vaccines.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And folks here are going up in arms when Habs coach put KK, Romanov or Caufield in the stands. And Vegas prefer Holden to Hague.

Ultimately most coaches are old school and think a specific way, they aren't likely to change and these philosophies get passed down and parroted.

But in this situation, it's largely different as Glass only played 27 games this season.. compared to the other guys (minus Caufield) who played the full season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

In 2013 and 14 we lost Price to injury though. We very likely win both if he's healthy. Honestly, who knows if we even lose the first game to NY if Price doesn't get hurt. He got smoked by Kreider and stayed in when he shouldn't and then let in a goal or two. That whole series was just BS. I'm still pissed to this day. We make the finals for sure if Price is healthy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In 2013 and 14 we lost Price to injury though. We very likely win both if he's healthy. Honestly, who knows if we even lose the first game to NY if Price doesn't get hurt. He got smoked by Kreider and stayed in when he shouldn't and then let in a goal or two. That whole series was just BS. I'm still pissed to this day. We make the finals for sure if Price is healthy.

The Habs still don’t beat the Rangers with Price. He was great but the Habs couldn’t score on King Henrik other than a random 7 goal outburst.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Habs still don’t beat the Rangers with Price. He was great but the Habs couldn’t score on King Henrik other than a random 7 goal outburst.
We were a completely different team without him. With Tokarski, the Rangers dumped the puck in at will. We had just beaten the best team in the league in a huge upset. Price was coming off the Olympics and about to go into one of the best goaltending seasons ever. PK Subban was at his peak and even with Tokarski we won two games. Nobody is ever going to convince me that we would've lost that series. No way.

Remember, two seasons later in 2015-16 we started off 10-2. Price was pacing for another Hart/Vezina season and Subban was the early Norris favourite. Then Price got hurt and we fell to last across the board. He was hugely important to this team.

Reactions: GermanHabsFan72

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We were a completely different team without him. Rangers dumped the puck in at will. We had just beaten the best team in the league in a huge upset. Price was coming off the Olympics and about to go into one of the best goaltending seasons ever. PK Subban was at his peak and even with Tokarski we won two games. Nobody is ever going to convince me that we would've lost that series. No way.

Remember, two seasons later in 2015-16 we started off 10-2. Price was pacing for another Hart/Vezina season and Subban was the early Norris favourite. Then Price got hurt and we fell to last across the board. He was hugely important to this team.

Okay well if there’s no convincing you then it’s pointless. But a listless 18 shot 1-0 loss in Game 6 explains it all. The only game where he might have made a difference is when St. Louis scored in OT.

Anyways it’s a moot point. The Kings would have absolutely demolished the Habs anyways.

Reactions: leopod

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
We were a completely different team without him. With Tokarski, the Rangers dumped the puck in at will. We had just beaten the best team in the league in a huge upset. Price was coming off the Olympics and about to go into one of the best goaltending seasons ever. PK Subban was at his peak and even with Tokarski we won two games. Nobody is ever going to convince me that we would've lost that series. No way.

Then again, the narrative was already there, if we won, we were going to get stomped by whoever we met in the final. It’s true the team was exhausted after their 2 7-game rallies, game 6 against Rangers wasn’t fun to watch. Knowing what I know today of playoff-Price, I would’ve been probably more optimistic at that time had he not been injured. (Pretty sure I messed up my past conditional or whatever verb usage here…sorry :))

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Okay well if there’s no convincing you then it’s pointless. But a listless 18 shot 1-0 loss in Game 6 explains it all. The only game where he might have made a difference is when St. Louis scored in OT.

Anyways it’s a moot point. The Kings would have absolutely demolished the Habs anyways.
Again... look what happened in 2016. The team was night and day different without Price. Suddenly we couldn't defend or score.

I was so excited going into that series. I thought for sure we were going to the finals. Then f***ing Kreider plows into Carey. What a jackass.

Anyways, once we lost Subban I never really had that same faith again. He was another money player in the postseason. Amazing that we didn't win at least one cup with those two in the lineup. But we never surrounded them properly and we had a moron coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad