GDT: SCSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs Montreal Canadiens 6/18/21 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Then again, the narrative was already there, if we won, we were going to get stomped by whoever we met in the final. It’s true the team was exhausted after their 2 7-game rallies, game 6 against Rangers wasn’t fun to watch. Knowing what I know today of playoff-Price, I would’ve been probably more optimistic at that time had he not been injured. (Pretty sure I messed up my past conditional or whatever verb usage here…sorry :))
Yeah, and as I posted above it wasn't just Price... it was Price and Subban. Two great playoff guys who love the pressure. Just money players.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
Really not impressed with Vegas' Tuch-as-first-line-C sheananigan. *Yawns* he's gonna struggle plus that exposes their 3rd line.

As far as calling that a YUGE line... come on Pacioretty is quite soft we know that better than everyone else.

That Vegas journalist tryna make this look intimidating but it doesn't work at all! However you look at it : they're playing without their #1 C. So that's a DOWNGRADE, not some sort of ace in the hole, like that journo is trying to pass it off. Weaksauce *Yawns*

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Again... look what happened in 2016. The team was night and day different without Price. Suddenly we couldn't defend or score.

I was so excited going into that series. I thought for sure we were going to the finals. Then f***ing Kreider plows into Carey. What a jackass.

Anyways, once we lost Subban I never really had that same faith again. He was another money player in the postseason. Amazing that we didn't win at least one cup with those two in the lineup. But we never surrounded them properly and we had a moron coach.

I won’t disagree there. It also started going down the shitter when the team couldn’t score but Therrien had it out for Vanek of all players. Max and Desharnais would play 20 mins a game and our big acquisition would play like 10.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I always thought his pk ability was over rated. He was basically out there to try for a shorthanded breakaway via a Subban stretch pass.

He just had good skating and a long stick. That's why he is valued in that area. Work ethic and willingness to battle in the trenches are questionable

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Really not impressed with Vegas' Tuch-as-first-line-C sheananigan. *Yawns* he's gonna struggle plus that exposes their 3rd line.

As far as calling that a YUGE line... come on Pacioretty is quite soft we know that better than everyone else.

That Vegas journalist tryna make this look intimidating but it doesn't work at all! However you look at it : they're playing without their #1 C. So that's a DOWNGRADE, not some sort of ace in the hole, like that journo is trying to pass it off. Weaksauce *Yawns*
The Vegas journalist doesn’t add in that we know Pacioretty is soft as shit, Stone isn’t a super physical player (not a knock on him), and it’s not 2010. We’re not a small team anymore lol

Reactions: Final Baton

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I won’t disagree there. It also started going down the shitter when the team couldn’t score but Therrien had it out for Vanek of all players. Max and Desharnais would play 20 mins a game and our big acquisition would play like 10.
Price has had a terrific career. But there's a lot of 'coulda been' with him. 2013 he gets hurt against Ottawa while we were leading late in a game that would've tied the series. 2014 he gets hurt in the final four. 2016 he gets hurt on what would've likely been a second Vezina and possible Hart... I mean, how much better could his career have looked? And that's not even getting into the crappy teams he's been on.

He's a monster goalie playing on mediocre to poor teams. I can't believe we've wasted his career the way we have.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a 38 year season ticket holder of the Bruins at age 61 ~ saw the Habs win Cup in Boston 1977 in parents seats

Still traumatized by 1971
Still pissed from too many men 1979

but I am 100% rooting for you guys and have been since game 1 vs Leafs

once Boston got knocked out I’m rooting for my enemy but still had my favorite player as a kid - Yvan Cournoyer. Loved him

I can return hating you guys next Fall but I’m looking forward to tonight

and really who can root for those Vegas frauds or Tampa $98 M payroll - Islanders are nice but that prick Clutterbuck turned our series around KOing Smith & Carlo

I think it would be great for hockey and don’t let anyone kid you if Boston had Montreal bottom 6 we’d still be playing

good fortune and health boys - beat that carnival show from Vegas

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Pacioretty might as well be 5’10. His size is irrelevant the way he plays.
It's amazing that the guy still scores at a good clip. Granted I don't watch Vegas, but the little I've seen, he's still a North South shooter who won't get his nose dirty and barely goes to the net. I admit I liked him in Montreal for what he did up to the point he was named captain. After that, he became a different player. I remember getting ripped for calling him invisible and criticizing him. I'm pretty sure I was the pioneer on that whole thing!

Reactions: Censored Toad

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And not a lot of FO wins.
Tuch 37.5% (32 FO)
Stone 40% (30 FO)
Pacioretty 46.5% (43 FO)
If you put all these eggs in one basket then I see the Habs line up Danault's line all night against them. I like those odds

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He just had good skating and a long stick. That's why he is valued in that area. Work ethic and willingness to battle in the trenches are questionable
Absolutely. And to be honest, I can't even recall him making any good defensive plays.
After his last few seasons in Montreal, I just can't stand the guy. His flaws became magnified and I think he more or less bailed in them in the end.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I’m a 38 year season ticket holder of the Bruins at age 61 ~ saw the Habs win Cup in Boston 1977 in parents seats

once Boston got knocked out I’m rooting for my enemy but still had my favorite player as a kid - Yvan Cournoyer. Loved him

and really who can root for those Vegas frauds or Tampa $98 M payroll - Islanders are nice but that prick Clutterbuck turned our series around KOing Smith & Carlo

I think it would be great for hockey and don’t let anyone kid you if Boston had Montreal bottom 6 we’d still be playing

Grew up hating but respecting the Bruins.
As a die hard Habs fan I am fortunate to have seen the greatest hockey player God ever made...Robert Gordon Orr.

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
Yeah, and as I posted above it wasn't just Price... it was Price and Subban. Two great playoff guys who love the pressure. Just money players.
They were (and still are, for one of them at least) playoff monsters. But the rest of the team fell flat and wasn’t built for the long run, I think. I’m definitely more excited this year than I was in 2010, physical-playoff-stamina-wise

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city

Appreciated man. There's a ton of respect between Bruins and Habs fans despite the hate, I feel like. That's the sign of a legndary, old ass rivalry. We've just squared off too many time against this foe at high levels, to not respect them.

I hate the bruins with the passion of a 1000 burning suns, but that Vegas team as an entitlement about them(same as Leafs), that the Bruins at least don't have. I feel like the humble-hardworking ethics is a common ground between the too fanbases

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Absolutely. And to be honest, I can't even recall him making any good defensive plays.
After his last few seasons in Montreal, I just can't stand the guy. His flaws became magnified and I think he more or less bailed in them in the end.

Remember when Torts benched him and called him out on the US team? Can't remember if that was the Olympics or World Cup. He's a good complementary piece but when the going gets rough, he disappears. However, he does have decent stats in the playoffs with the Knights.

Good winger that is soft... kind of like Tatar.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
But for Vegas, he's their 1st/2nd C.

Karlsson, Stephenson, Roy, Kolesar, Glass, Sikura, Krebs, Brown.

That's a crappy C line.
Ya. Just win the frickin defensive zone faceoffs that matter this time! The rare faceoffs Vegas wins seem to result in goals! If not for Petrangelo.....

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Remember when Torts benched him and called him out on the US team? Can't remember if that was the Olympics or World Cup. He's a good complementary piece but when the going gets rough, he disappears. However, he does have decent stats in the playoffs with the Knights.

Good winger that is soft... kind of like Tatar.
Yep I absolutely remember that. I felt justified in my comments. Even though I hate Tortorella.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

Wished we had a final Bruins-Habs - nothing like this rivalry!!!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So according to JiC, Dom tested positive before they left Vegas to return to MTL.

And in Canada, where the testing is a little more rigorous, he needs to test negative 3 times before he can resume activities. All 3 tests will be done today.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad