Confirmed with Link: Scrivens Traded to Edmonton for a 3rd

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I hate to pile on Scrivens, but I guess we knew this was coming with the defense he is playing behind, but watch the goals he gave up tonight in his Edmonton debut. One of the goals he surrenders is just completely unacceptable.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I really feel for Scrivens. Idiot media in Edmonton already giving him and his wife a hard time.
http://blogs.canoe.ca/slam/hockey/biggest-loser-in-oilers-kings-trade-mrs-scrivens/

And Scrivens shared his thoughts from the jackasses who took shots at him and his wife. Good for him, I hope he finds a better team to play for when he becomes a UFA.

https://twitter.com/scrivens_30
1/4 Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesn't like Edmonton.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Scrivens is what he is, a good back-up. You put any good back-up behind that defense and he has no chance.

Ron*

It gets worse.

Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesn't like Edmonton.
You're gutless. And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how she's lazy (even though she's not in Edmonton
now because she has a fulltime job in LA she can't just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing
in the AHL) or that she's dumb (she's an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know I'm embarrassed I am to say that you are an Edmontonian.
Way to make my family feel welcome.

*all 5 tweets tied together for readability

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I wish they would have gotten more . . . A 3rd? Not many thirds even make the NHL. I guess better than nothing, but . . . Think they could have done better. Even with the fact he could have walked after this year.

Captain Mittens*

I wish they would have gotten more . . . A 3rd? Not many thirds even make the NHL. I guess better than nothing, but . . . Think they could have done better. Even with the fact he could have walked after this year.
Really ?

I think a third was a steal

So does Puck Daddy btw
This is Asset Management 101. Were half a season and the rights to career backup Ben Scrivens really worth it?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
How much longer til Edmonton fans start showing up at his front door? I hope they take another forward with their first overall draft pick again this summer, it's working out so well.

Captain Mittens*

How much longer til Edmonton fans start showing up at his front door? I hope they take another forward with their first overall draft pick again this summer, it's working out so well.

I hope so

With the first pick in the 2014 draft, The Edmonton Oilers are proud to select the man that put the Koo in Kootenay , Sam "the Chamois " Reinhart

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I really feel for Scrivens. Idiot media in Edmonton already giving him and his wife a hard time.
http://blogs.canoe.ca/slam/hockey/biggest-loser-in-oilers-kings-trade-mrs-scrivens/

And Scrivens shared his thoughts from the jackasses who took shots at him and his wife. Good for him, I hope he finds a better team to play for when he becomes a UFA.

Haha. And people actually wonder why the perception of no one wants to play for Edmonton exists? Bury the guy that just got traded to your team because of his wife's twitter account? What kind of **** show are they running up there? The media and the team seem to both have no clue how to do their jobs.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I hate to pile on Scrivens, but I guess we knew this was coming with the defense he is playing behind, but watch the goals he gave up tonight in his Edmonton debut. One of the goals he surrenders is just completely unacceptable.

I completely agree, though I'm cutting him a break on his first game. I don't know why they'd just toss him in as soon as he got there. Play Bryz, let Scrivens sit on the bench, get a few practices in and then start a game. He was playing within what, 36 hours of the trade? I doubt he even knew the D-man's names yet. You'd think with a team that has some very talented former players in the fold (lowe, McTavish) they'd be able to pass on these little nuggets to the coaching staff but I swear sometimes I think they just want to see that team implode. Maybe Katz wants to see the city ask them to move.

That stuff was complete crap. Even if his wife didn't like coming to Canada (which she never said) take it in context. She's posting those things a few hours after finding out her husband is moving due to a trade, I doubt she's very happy about it.

I'd assume Edmonton traded for Scrivens with the idea of trying to resign him long term, since he's a UFA to be and they are already golfing in the snow. This doesn't help. I'm not even sure if he made it to Edmonton before that article came out.

Here's the TSN article on the comments (likely where Ron got his quote):

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441436

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that the guy is from Edmonton though. Scrivens called him an "Edmontonian". Canadians are usually up on that sort of ****.

Actually Scrivens was referred to those who commented on the article:

And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how she's lazy (even though she's not in Edmonton now because she has a fulltime job in LA she can't just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing in the AHL) or that she's dumb (she's an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know I'm embarrassed that you are an Edmontonian.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441436

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
i watched Scrivens play at Cornell and I felt he could be an NHL goalie back then. he is mentally tough and seems to will his level of play beyond his skills.

i wish him nothing but the best and i was thrilled he stepped into net for you guys and killed it (even though i had Jones on my fantasy team and he was messing up my shot at starts! haha)

i think he can be a level starter of say what Budaj was back in those COL days. certainly a solid backup at worse.

all that said, shocked by some thinking he could fetch more than a 3rd. way too many goalies available in trade out there. a 3rd def is a solid return, imho.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that the guy is from Edmonton though. Scrivens called him an "Edmontonian". Canadians are usually up on that sort of ****.

Easy there my friend, don't paint us all with the same brush. There are some (in our media) who a ********** but for the most part we are alright.

Feel bad for Ben going to a poor team and taking that crap. Hope things turn out better for him and the wife.

Btw, please don't deport Justin Beiber back to us, we don't want him. :)

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Easy there my friend, don't paint us all with the same brush. There are some (in our media) who a ********** but for the most part we are alright.

Feel bad for Ben going to a poor team and taking that crap. Hope things turn out better for him and the wife.

Btw, please don't deport Justin Beiber back to us, we don't want him. :)

I think he meant Canadians usually know where a sportswriter/blogger/etc. is from, though I don't agree.

Btw, they can keep Celene Dion too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad