Confirmed with Link: Scrivens Traded to Edmonton for a 3rd

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Free up cap space. Maybe have another trade brewing, have another pick to add.

I guess Jones is coming back up.

I'm ok with it. This way, DL has something to show for the Bernier trade. Personally, I would have kept Scrivens around and let him walk, but for a 3rd, it's a pretty good move.

It's rather good actually for a high third. Just seemed like a weird move at first. I guess Jones it is.

barnabyrules

Apr 29, 2004
Obviously Jones will come up now. But will he get any substantial amount of starts? I don't know if it makes sense to make this move and call Jones up just for him to rot on the bench.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
dominoes%2B2.jpg

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
So Bernier for Frattin, 2nd and 3rd basically or did I forget something.

Thanks to the professor for getting us through a Quick-less time in a great way.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Obviously Jones will come up now. But will he get any substantial amount of starts? I don't know if it makes sense to make this move and call Jones up just for him to rot on the bench.

Probably won't get a TON of starts, but practicing with the big boys will do a helluva lot for his development....

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

this is the one part of this trade that has me scratching my head a little bit. I hope this does not impact Jones's development.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Definitely sold high on Scrivens who wasn't going to be here next year anyways, love this move

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Question: Toronto was eating part of Scribbles cap hit. What happens in this scenario? Does Toronto get off the hook now, or are they still eating it even with Scribbles on Edmonton?

I'd have pushed for a conditional 2nd based on if he resigns. I guess we'll find out right now if Scribbles was really good or just benefited from the system.

I get that LA wants to call up Jones, but I don't really see the benefit of this deal. It doesn't save LA any cap space as others have said, because Jones will be taking up the same amount of cap hit as Scrivens was. Also, Quick-Scrivens-Jones was great in case of injury. Now what happens if Quick pulls a nut or Jones returns to earth? I'd rather have the security than a 3rd round pick.

As for Edmonton, they must want to sign this guy. They have Bryz and Scrivens now and both are UFA's after the season and the Oilers are not going to the playoffs. If they fail to sign him, it'll be a waste of a decent asset.

Don't get this deal from both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3