Scrivens threatens to Fight Anyone that Says Intentionally Tanking

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I've felt this for years but the only season I'm confident they legitimately tanked was the 2010-11 season that earned them Nuge. They started that season with Hall, Eberle and Pajaarvi on the roster. Omark played a bunch of games too. Fun for the fans to watch maybe but they weren't going to win many games with so many raw rookies.

You might be able to make a case for the following season too, I suppose.

This season looked fishy from the beginning. Mactavish's refusal to address the center position in the off season and all the questionable roster decisions out of training camp raised some eyebrows as well as his decision to stick with the worst coach in professional sports. However, he spent so much money on long term contracts in the summer that tanking stops making sense. Why handicap your future just to be bad this year? I have to lean to incompetence for this year just like I would for the 2009-10 season that started it all. When the guy that's in charge of the money is as bad at judging talent and people as Mactavish has always been then things can get bad in a hurry whether it's intentional or not.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
It'll be so awesome 5-6 years from now when McDavid is leading the Sabres to playoff series wins, and the Oilers are still stuck in the muck.

Meanwhile, Scrivens will be catching highlights on the internet after another loss in the German Elite league.

Torch

Jun 30, 2002
Visit site
Scrivens is a blowhard.

I noticed at the game last night when it was 2-0 at the beginning of the third, he was taunting a couple of Flames players and laughing it up. It was gold to see the look on his face on the go-ahead goal.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Scrivens is a blowhard.

I noticed at the game last night when it was 2-0 at the beginning of the third, he was taunting a couple of Flames players and laughing it up. It was gold to see the look on his face on the go-ahead goal.

Him and Eberle were both taunting. Bad mistake from a team that doesn't even know how to act when its winning.

In fairness a rare enough occurrence its hard for them to know..:p:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Him and Eberle were both taunting. Bad mistake from a team that doesn't even know how to act when its winning.

This is why it's become impossible to like this team. Everything they do is embarrassing. As a fan of this team going back to the mid seventies, I never thought I'd feel this way about the Oilers. Just goes to show where this franchise is under Katz ownership. I hated Pocklington but I never hated the team back in the nineties when they struggled for years. It's much different this time.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

You don't have a clue what Giordano said to Eberle or vice versa, its bizarre that you would somehow find a way to fault Eberle in a game that he played very good.

It's odd you would find a way to blame the loss on Eberle because of taunting :shakehead

How about that second line?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Scrivens is a blowhard.

This is why it's become impossible to like this team. Everything they do is embarrassing. As a fan of this team going back to the mid seventies, I never thought I'd feel this way about the Oilers. Just goes to show where this franchise is under Katz ownership. I hated Pocklington but I never hated the team back in the nineties when they struggled for years. It's much different this time.

Neither one of you have a clue as to what the other players said or even the Oilers, for Krist's sake..:shakehead

It was just as likely they were standing up for the team while the ******* Flames were mouthing off and, if so, good for them.

What, you want professional team players to have little, to no pride and just hang their heads and say "no, I'm sorry, you go first", or some ***** like that just like some of the so-called 'fans' around here? Especially the ones that regularly watch and praise the flames and cheer for them...**** the flames.

Pathetic..

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Psst Ben, I don't think anybody accused the players...

If he can't understand the difference between players tanking (which no one is accusing them of) and players playing very uninspired hockey (which is blatantly obviously), he really isn't worthy of the nickname "Professor". Maybe we can call him Forrest.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I read many baffling things in this board before, but the one about Eberle taunting just ices the cake. :facepalm:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I bet management is actively trying to tank.. maybe not the players

Then they would not spend to the cap to try to improve . Also if the wanted to tank you don't fire coach after coach and fire Tamblowe as GM if tanking is in your plans

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Pathetic that you actually believe this. :shakehead

I would say the exact same thing to you. All evidence points to the team never trying to tank and yet some people assume it because the team is so awful. As usual in your rebuttles you are very short on discussion or actual facts and very long on one line comments. You do make great use of your normal emotes though.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Neither one of you have a clue as to what the other players said or even the Oilers, for Krist's sake..:shakehead

It was just as likely they were standing up for the team while the ******* Flames were mouthing off and, if so, good for them.

What, you want professional team players to have little, to no pride and just hang their heads and say "no, I'm sorry, you go first", or some ***** like that just like some of the so-called 'fans' around here? Especially the ones that regularly watch and praise the flames and cheer for them...**** the flames.

Pathetic..
Maybe they were standing up for their teammates?:amazed::amazed::amazed:

When does this happen on this team? There have been several post game threads dedicated to the fact it never happens with this group and you figured that's what was going on. Keep on believing in these guys buddy it's going to be so sweet for you when the day comes when you're right and the rest of the world is wrong.:)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I would say the exact same thing to you. All evidence points to the team never trying to tank and yet some people assume it because the team is so awful. As usual in your rebuttles you are very short on discussion or actual facts and very long on one line comments. You do make great use of your normal emotes though.
The "actual facts" are there for anyone to see. Just look up the rosters. I can't help it if you choose to let your all consuming hatred of the management blind you.
As for "discussion", well that's something that only works with folks who are open to it. Your post history shows you to not be one of those people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad