Proposal: Screw the Leafs, Let's all hate the penguins. Cooke lacerated my heart :(

CR15

Feb 15, 2010
Windsor
There no doubt a top 3 hate team ..... if we get Montreal'd by the goon squad on saturday though im going to ****ing snap

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
I don't wish harm on anyone but Cooke is the exception, I hope someone ends this guys career in a devastating way. This scrub has ruined Savards career and has came close to ending several others.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
People hate the Leafs, and they've been terrible for 8 years.

Wait until they're good, you'll find them your most hated team again ;)

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I've always hated the Penguins... Not gonna lie, even before the injuries to our guys, its just something about the organization and the fact the League bums them...

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
I've never hated the Leafs. They hate us way more for some reason. Our rivalry isn't even relevant.

**** the Pens now though. They've been one of my most hated teams since 2008/09, now it's reached an all new high.

Penguins fans are also some of the most ridiculous in the league.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'm sorry, but I hate the Habs the most. Then the Leafs.

Cooke's play was an accident, and not intentional.... consensus by everyone. Plus, I like Crosby so I can't hate them. If he gets traded or injured, yeah, screw Pittsburgh.

(and I love Karlsson as a player!)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't hate the Penguins and never have, yes they have Cooke, but I won't hate a team for one player. Yes they have been lucky to get Lemieux AND Jagr AND Crosby AND Malkin, but anyone could have got lucky in Pit's case they got relatively few cups. If we had playoff series that actually had intensity I might (the two 5 game series weren't close, or intense)

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
Pittsburgh is an easy team to dislike. Crosby and Malkin are generational talents but are also huge *****s that get away with lots of cheap shots during games because of their reputation.

Then there's Cooke, Kennedy, Orpik, Adams, Kennedy, Armstrong and Talbot (before), and Letang at times...

Add in one of the most biased fanbases in the NHL and the fact that they knocked the Sens out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 times the Sens made the playoffs and they're easily my most hated team now.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
There's a case to be made that the Penguins are bigger rivals. We've played them in the playoffs 3 times versus the Leafs 4. We likely have just as many historical injuries against them. Oh and I've always thought Pittsburgh was one of the most overrated hockey markets in the NHL. They would have gone the way of the Hartford Whalers or Minnesota North Stars if they had not tanked to draft a superstar.... twice.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Since the series against the Flyers last year, I've lost a lot of respect for the Pens. And to make matters worse, I know that a healthy team from Ottawa is as good or better than they are right now...or maybe they're still a year away, but it's coming.

Pittsburgh is starting to take the hate mantle from Toronto in my books simply because a) there is a history now and b) they are tough to beat. TO has been a joke of a team since the salary cap was introduced and I honestly don't think things will improve too much in the next 5 years.

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
Cooke should of been banned long time ago. but from a bruins fan most of us have no ill thoughts toward Ottawa but we feel your guys hate. Anywaz welcome to the dark side. Sorry cooke had to strike again... and it happened to another talented player but at least it looks like your gonna get him back. thats the silver lining.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers fan. Hate the Pens. Malkin is one of the dirtiest players in the league. He could and should have been suspended on a number of occasions. Cooke a complete *******. The league is always giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Margaret Trudeau*

mario complained his whole career about the mistreatment of stars. Now he employs Cooke.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waePHWjVGY

Look at 1:29 to 1:32, Cooke is trying to strike Wings goalie, Chris Osgood, with his skate! But, few people on here other than Sens fans think that his swipe of his skate on Karlsson was intentional?!? No chance at all, you say?

Look at how many stars on other teams he injuried! He knows how to target certain players. Even if you think it's not intentional, it does seem like it could have been. The replay shows a very peculiar 'pin' of a player against the boards.

This doesn't make me dislike the Pens, however. Not at all. But, Cooke has a history of being a cheapshot artist and I don't understand why Pens fans make excuses for him or don't criticize him at all.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
mario complained his whole career about the mistreatment of stars. Now he employs Cooke.

Mario complained that the league needs to do something about the thug tactics employed by some teams in the NHL. Of course, he said that when the Islanders didn't take any bull from the Penguins and the Penguins ended up getting their ***** whipped, and, ironically enough, Cooke threw an elbow against McDonagh when playing against the Rangers just a few days later.

You guys should count your blessings: at least they aren't division rivals. When you have Rangers/Devils/Flyers/Islanders fans coming together and agreeing on something, you know there is something amiss.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
You guys should count your blessings: at least they aren't division rivals. When you have Rangers/Devils/Flyers/Islanders fans coming together and agreeing on something, you know there is something amiss.

Well maybe we'll wait until next year when Karlsson is skating again to count our blessings, but you're dead on about the unanimous feelings toward Cooke in Atlantic division.

I am now fully on-board the hate-wagon.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
The team just kicks the crap out of us. We kinda got some revenge last season with a couple of blowouts, but they beat us twice in the playoffs (including one complete embarassment) and lately we can't escape a game without losing a top player. Plenty of reason to hate them.

I like Crosby and Malkin too. Nothing against them at all. The team as a hole is the bane of the Senators on-ice existence.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1a. Toronto
1b. Montreal
1c Pittsburgh
2. NYR
3. Vancouver - Montreal west ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad