Proposal: Screw the Leafs, Let's all hate the penguins. Cooke lacerated my heart :(

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'm starting to allocate the penguins as our #1 most hated team now.

Between playoffs injuring spezza/Karlsson and Crosby crying about Foligno I just can't stand them at all.

Compared to this crap the leafs are a non factor.

I vote penguins as our new #1 most hated team.

What you guys think?

Here are some other reasons too

You are also forgetting these two plays from the past few years:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/12/23/sp-nhl-senators-penguins.html

and

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/11/21/senators_donovan_injury/

But hey, don't you dare call them dirty!

Yet another person forgets Colby Armstrong almost killing Eaves. :(

I've not liked the penguins for at least 5 years now. Let's fuel the rivalry. Post what you think and more reasons to hate them!!!!

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
crosby was crying about Foligno? I seem to remember crosby elbowing Foligno in the head after whining about headshots all year.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
crosby was crying about Foligno? I seem to remember crosby elbowing Foligno in the head after whining about headshots all year.

This is what I meant. I'm on my iPhone so it's hard to write big long things on this forum.

epinephrine

Jan 15, 2008
Ottawa
I know what you mean. I have hated them for quite some time now. I have some Leaf fan friends who are pretty tame. We can have good conversations and not rag on each other. The hate is honestly gone towards them and I'm actually hoping they turn things around.

I have hated Pittsburgh ever since the first series we played vs them a few years back.

I am honestly quite depressed about the Karlsson injury. I have no drive to watch or go to any games this season now that our 2 best players (omitting Anderson) are injured. It just had to be someone on Pittburgh that did it. That makes me more angry than if it were someone on Carolina or Colorado.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
They are the most hypocritical team in the league. Neil or Smith or Methot or Greening should have just run over and started punching Crosby in the Face over and over and over again until he was crying and lying on the ice curled up in a ball, getting frostbite on his stupid face.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
They are the most hypocritical team in the league. Neil or Smith or Methot or Greening should have just run over and started punching Crosby in the Face over and over and over again until he was crying and lying on the ice curled up in a ball, getting frostbite on his stupid face.

lorf... happydude

SNAPshot

Jul 18, 2006
OTTAWA
I agree. I've had a hate on them for a while now.

I hate them all. Smush-face Kunitz. Pig-nose Kennedy. All of them.

Especially Malkin. I don't care that he's talented, I wouldn't even want him on my team.

Bunch of cake-eaters.

Volt

Aug 25, 2008
Toronto
I have always hated them but now they are my most hated to the point where its an unhealthy kind of hate.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Lemieux needs to walk the walk.

He told Cooke to clean up his act and now Cooke does this and walks away.
Denounce this and trade or waive the guy, 66, or you are just another talking head protecting his own.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I have always hated them but now they are my most hated to the point where its an unhealthy kind of hate.

Learn to embrace it. Many of us B's fans have.:)

I've only been a hardcore hockey fan since 08-09 for me the Pens are a close 2nd to the Habs on my most hated list....very close.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I've always hated the Pens more than the Leafs even when I was a Habs fan before the Sens existed.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Add to the list Armstrong's headshot on Eaves, which ruined his career. The Letang hit on Spezza from behind a couple years ago, Adams dislocating Alfredsson's shoulder, Cooke taking out Donovan's knee.. There's too much history, I can honestly say I hate the Penguins more than the Leafs right now. I don't even really care about the Leafs, it's been so long since we've faced them in the playoffs the heat between the two teams has completely receded for me. It's the Penguins I want, they get away with everything.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
They're one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time, and look what happens.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed.

"We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action. "If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to re-think whether I want to be a part of it."

LINK

It takes a special kind of man to say things like this and then employ Matt Cooke for the past 5 years.

And the fact that Pens fans can still defend that PoS makes me lol and not in a good way.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Since those playoff series, I've hated the Penguins almost as much as the Leafs. The Pens, as long as they are the golden children of the NHL, will get away with everything.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Its a dime a dozen fanbase.

Makes you wonder how they almost went bankrupt until Crosby....NOT

I hate their goal horn. I hate everything about them. Only one i respect is Malkin but..very neutrally.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Its a dime a dozen fanbase.

Makes you wonder how they almost went bankrupt until Crosby....NOT

I hate their goal horn. I hate everything about them. Only one i respect is Malkin but..very neutrally.

Nah, don't respect him either. He's a dirty player who gets away with everything because he's a star. He's a great hockey player, though. He's just dirty.

Umm.... I respect... Vokoun? Paul Martin? :laugh:

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
I don't hate the Leafs anymore really, what's the point? They're harmless. They beat us in the playoffs years and years ago, and they come to our building and act dumb but that's about the extent of it.

Pens are insufferable.

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On

I have this weird feeling and so do a lot of my co-workers that napolean err... Crosby was upset that the limelight is slowly being shone uopn Karlsson and that he pushed Cooke into doing it.. As only an idiot would think that wasn't intentional (The achilles prolly not, but to hurt or mame him.. yes).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad