Proposal: Screw the Leafs, Let's all hate the penguins. Cooke lacerated my heart :(

StayThirstyMyFriend

Aug 9, 2009
It's just not right. If this team was like that i'd rather watch another.

You don't think other players from other teams are told before the game to taker runs at Karlsson and give him extra cheap shots to get him off his game?

The reason fighting is allowed in hockey is because the league allows the players to settle scores themselves. Do you think the penguins are going to deviate from their game plan of takings runs at karlsson or spezza or alfie just because they might lose a guy like cooke in the process? What if they're faced with the prospect of losing some of their high end players, you think that'll change their mind?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
You don't think other players from other teams are told before the game to taker runs at Karlsson and give him extra cheap shots to get him off his game?

The reason fighting is allowed in hockey is because the league allows the players to settle scores themselves. Do you think the penguins are going to deviate from their game plan of takings runs at karlsson or spezza or alfie just because they might lose a guy like cooke in the process? What if they're faced with the prospect of losing some of their high end players, you think that'll change their mind?

I don't think it's right to do something dirty. If they hit Crosby more or bug him a little that cool but dirty stuff I don't like.

StayThirstyMyFriend

Aug 9, 2009
I don't think it's right to do something dirty. If they hit Crosby more or bug him a little that cool but dirty stuff I don't like.

If you're able to take the high road when it comes to stuff like that then you're a bigger/better person than I am.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

Exactly. :handclap:

Thank you.

EDIT: It's not just Crosby. I don't care who the player is. You never ever deliberately hurt another player, no matter what.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I don't think that any coach advocates dirty plays to take out a player like it used to be yrs ago. However, if you got a good clean shot at a guy regardless of who it is most coaches want their players to finish their checks. Neil has put a few good players out with some pretty good arguably clean hits, I doubt any coach tells him to stop or take it easy. Most coaches & players will pat him on the back when he gets back to the bench.

It wasn't a dirty play until the skate comes down on his leg then it's anyone's guess as to intent or accident or careless, the league thought otherwise. Now it's history & we should move on, no sense crying over spilled milk nothing can be done about it except constant rehashing of the same arguement. We're beating a dead horse, time to move on.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think that any coach advocates dirty plays to take out a player like it used to be yrs ago. However, if you got a good clean shot at a guy regardless of who it is most coaches want their players to finish their checks. Neil has put a few good players out with some pretty good arguably clean hits, I doubt any coach tells him to stop or take it easy. Most coaches & players will pat him on the back when he gets back to the bench.

It wasn't a dirty play until the skate comes down on his leg then it's anyone's guess as to intent or accident or careless, the league thought otherwise. Now it's history & we should move on, no sense crying over spilled milk nothing can be done about it except constant rehashing of the same arguement. We're beating a dead horse, time to move on.

We're talking retaliation from Neil. He said he wished Neil would have put a dirty hit/whatever on Letang I said I'm glad he didn't.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We're talking retaliation from Neil. He said he wished Neil would have put a dirty hit/whatever on Letang I said I'm glad he didn't.

It's what every good player dreads the most, watching one of their players take out a good player especially on purpose because they know that other team may now be targeting him. It's a mentality in every contact sport that I have ever played on unless it was an accident & sometimes even then ... It will be interesting to see if Cooke even plays against Ottawa next time they meet & if he does what happens. I'm sure the NHL will have Shannahan & about 100 of his minions at the game. I'd be surprised if anything happens other than Neil trying to kick the **** out of Cooke but if the game gets out of hand it could get ugly for everyone.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I'm watching the Pens/Flyers game right now and I caught myself openly cheering for the Flyers without even realizing.

Simmonds wanted a piece of Cooke but of course he wouldn't go, just yapped like a dog.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: