Proposal: scratching eberle and lucic at the same time.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Wait what.

Eberle is such a great player with his high effort level and low 6 million salary, why would we want to deny him of those sweet soft minutes?

Oh and Lucic is also a great signing by our godlike gm. He should be given a free pass. He is like a tough guy and stuff. A true leader worth every penny!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wait what.

Eberle is such a great player with his high effort level and low 6 million salary, why would we want to deny him of those sweet soft minutes?

Oh and Lucic is also a great signing by our godlike gm. He should be given a free pass. He is like a tough guy and stuff. A true leader worth every penny!

Should've kept Nail "8 goals" Yakupov.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
No need for a benching. They just need to be removed from McDavids line. McDavid needs skaters on his wings. Lucic and Eberle are far too static. I rather have Pouliot on his left wing.

Well. He had a winger who worked well with him and was on a cheap contract. Wonder where we will get a winger for our saviour.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes. It is sad that some people prefer proven floaters like Eberle over a player with some fire on him.

Doesn't matter how much fire you have if you don't burn anything with it. The Beeman's buzzing is not earning him much time on a Blues team that isn't doing very well.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Yea no kidding

Maroon - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Lucic - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Hendricks

Oh well a 3rd maybe 2nd is totally worth it.

Hey now. That is blasphemy.

Yakupov scored only 2 goals with McJesus. Eberle is obviously much better than him, as we all have seen for years.

Wasn't there a stat which showed who scored more with Eberle/Yakupov? Was it that the only player who was better with Eberle was RNH?

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Doesn't matter how much fire you have if you don't burn anything with it. The Beeman's buzzing is not earning him much time on a Blues team that isn't doing very well.

Good that our 6m golden boy is showing so much better results with higher minutes and maybe the best player in the league.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Wait what.

So playing against other teams top defenders are "sweet soft minutes" now?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Wait what.

You do realize the Oilers have a winning record this year? You think that happened by magic fairydust?

Njd86

May 9, 2010
I think Lucic can be useful on the first line, he's had a couple mishaps but I actually like his game with McDavid, when he's creating space for him. It's Eberle. Seeing him going up the right side and constantly being rubbed off the puck is a bad rerun. It would be tolerable if he was still putting up clutch goals like he use to but, as he was last year, he just doesn't seem to be growing at all in his game with us. Unlike Nuge. We need a bigger faster body on the right side.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
So not only is Eberle not scratched, but he remains on 97's wing while Lucic is the one demoted.

Unbelievable.

I hope it's a showcase for a trade, because otherwise the country club atmosphere we thought was supposed to be exterminated by way of Nicholson, Chia and TMac is alive and well. There's not a reason on earth Eberle should still be riding shotgun to McDavid at this point.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
So not only is Eberle not scratched, but he remains on 97's wing while Lucic is the one demoted.

Unbelievable.

I hope it's a showcase for a trade, because otherwise the country club atmosphere we thought was supposed to be exterminated by way of Nicholson, Chia and TMac is alive and well. There's not a reason on earth Eberle should still be riding shotgun to McDavid at this point.

Yep Unbelievable! Hopefully it's all about the bolded part

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
It's Staples [Oleksiak for a 1st!!!!] but he isn't exactly wrong in his assessment of Eberle

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ger-is-misfiring-even-on-connor-mcdavids-line

Well, I think most of us here (by now) see this and would agree. If I was handed minutes like he's been through my hockey career, I'd probably play the same way. I don't get it. I understand that all the tools are there, but man..... guys have to be able to work their way up--or down--a lineup. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes. It is sad that some people prefer proven floaters like Eberle over a player with some fire on him.

Well he did play like he was on fire at times, not on fire as in doing great but on fire as if he was being burned :sarcasm:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Hey now. That is blasphemy.

Yakupov scored only 2 goals with McJesus. Eberle is obviously much better than him, as we all have seen for years.

Wasn't there a stat which showed who scored more with Eberle/Yakupov? Was it that the only player who was better with Eberle was RNH?

Guess who's a healthy scratch in St. Louis?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
So Lucic responds to his demotion by playing a spirited game and scoring a key goal in one of his few moments with McDavid.

Eberle... well, he goes 0-1-1 with a -1 rating in over 20 minutes of ice-time.

While I can appreciate he showed a bit more fire and a slightly improved commitment to defensive play, this nonsense has to stop. His shining moment came in OT, and even then he made about five moves too many all alone in front. As it was, he was lucky Talbot was able to respond with a save when play went back the other way.

I don't care how long Puljujarvi and Kassian are out; the lines have to be set up in such a way that Ebs is forced to earn his way back into top six minutes. He certainly hasn't done anything to stay in that role.

If TMac has any concern at all for accountability, we'll see this next game:

Maroon-McDavid-Pitlick
Lucic-Draisaitl-Khaira
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Lander-Letestu-Beck

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lucic and Eberle were instrumental in Lucic's goal. Can't really fault Eberle too much tonight. He was producing and looked to have a bit of his creativity and confidence back in the O-zone. I don't need Eberle to be a defensive dynamo, just like Chicago doesn't need Kane to be one. We need him to produce and he did that tonight.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lucic and Eberle were instrumental in Lucic's goal. Can't really fault Eberle too much tonight. He was producing and looked to have a bit of his creativity and confidence back in the O-zone. I don't need Eberle to be a defensive dynamo, just like Chicago doesn't need Kane to be one. We need him to produce and he did that tonight.

Eberle is looking good but his creativity etc is better suited for a line that doesnt have McDavid. It cant be more obvious that these 2 dont gel as a line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad