Proposal: scratching eberle and lucic at the same time.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I honestly think it would do more harm than good. They deserve it, but it shouldn't happen and won't happen.

However, they shouldn't be on a line with McDavid.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Lucic can- theoretically at least- provide a physical element in the bottom six. I'd prefer to send him a message by sticking him on the fourth line.

Eberle, though, can **** off at any time. He's a powder puff away from the puck and should be benched as an example to everyone else that your salary and past accomplishments mean little if your last five games are 0-1-1 with a -6 rating.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Lucic can- theoretically at least- provide a physical element in the bottom six. I'd prefer to send him a message by sticking him on the fourth line.

Eberle, though, can **** off at any time. He's a powder puff away from the puck and should be benched as an example to everyone else that your salary and past accomplishments mean little if your last five games are 0-1-1 with a -6 rating.

Basically it., especially the 2nd part

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well, they racked up a big minus 10 tonight as a line combo. So, if you needed some recent stats to maybe back up what the eye is seeing, that's fairly damming. Not saying forever, but yes, that line badly needs a shakeup now, for everyone concerned. Personally I'm getting more than a little frustrated at Eberle's inability to finish off the muffins he gets from McDavid and his soft zone work, and Lucic's inability to keep up with the play.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He has to just change the lines. McLellan is trying to force something that maybe he thinks in his head should work, but it just doesn't. It's on McLellan at this point IMO that McDavid's line isn't working.

Nuge/Ebs and Lucic/Drai have potential for good chemistry. Just give it up McLellan.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
No problem benching both. You call up Khaira and put Slepyshev in. No problem at all with that.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Lucic should be demoted to the 3rd line at least. I think he'd do well on a line with Drai and Pulju.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Horrible idea. Lucic and Eberle are good players. One bad game or a couple depending on how you look at it doesn't discount their entire careers in the NHL. They need to up their games, but scratching vets like these isn't the way to do it. What if you scratch them for AHL fodder and the Oilers get blown out in the next game. What kind of message does that send the team about if McLellan knows what he's doing.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Pouliot - McDavid- Kassian
Maroon-RNH-Slepyshev
Lucic-Drai-Pulju

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Those two have been garbage lately, especially Lucic.. but McDavid has not been very good either the last 3 either.. Needs to step up.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I just don't get why TM was forcing this trio since the preseason. It just hasn't really clicked all year. So far only 3 players have clicked with Mcdavid and we traded one of them for a bag of pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->